Curse on Hit

"
bronzeback40 wrote:
One question: Would CoH work with totem skills such as Siege Ballista or Ancestral Guardian?

No. Curse on Hit is linked to the Skill that creates the Totem/Minion, and said creation does not Hit enemies. The Totem/Minion uses a different Skill to hit enemies with (otherwise it would only create copies of itself), and while this Skill does have the "apply linked Curses on Hit" modifier, it does not have any linked Curses to apply.

(also the Guardian is a Minion, not a Totem :P)
So.. I have a major issue. I dont think this have been mentioned anywhere and i cant believe i´m the only one having this issue.

So.. I use Cyclone as my main dmgoutput right. That gem is linked together with Faster attacks, Add Fire dmg, Weapon ele dmg, Melee phys, and Fortify.

I then have a 4L with my auras and the curse im trying to get to work. So i have Hatred, Herald of Ice, COH and Frostbite.

So what´ve understod about the COH mechanics is that Herald of Ice SHULD trigger Frostbite with COH. But it does´nt.

I know in fatc that this combination works, due to my friend rolling with it. But... He´s not using cyclone, but another melee phys gem.

So why.. doesnt this work for me?

Please help.
Herald of Ice applies your Curse. Herald of Ice only deals Damage when you Shatter an enemy, because it then causes an explosion. Only this explosion applies the Curse.
Got an issue with Curse on hit/HoI assassin's mark. Without any mana multiplier on gem's that take any herald to 35% mana reserv... HoI or HoT. Did i miss something wrong or maybe curse on hit missing the multiplier on gem ?!

P.S NVM forget about that essence's worm ''buff'' cost, my bad
Last edited by Major_Dark on Dec 29, 2017, 6:28:16 PM
Why Curse on hit / Awakened curse on hit not work with linked any spell+CoH+Curse in Asnentath's Chant? Mini icons says that will work correctly. Same problem with weapon craft "Trigger a socketed Spell when you use a skill". Spell will work, but not aplaying a linked curse.
Last edited by SlayerEwin on Jan 7, 2020, 8:35:09 AM
Tectonic slam is not supported by curse on hit+ flammability? tectonic slam is on 6L in body armour and separate two slot link (on helmet) for curse on hit (12 gem lvl,60 req lvl + flammability 15 gem lvl,60 req lvl)
Now i have 60% conversion to fire from skill and planning 100% conversion to fire and curse would be nice dmg boost for me.
Last edited by Kminek666 on Apr 5, 2020, 5:29:09 PM

Does a setup like this trigger both curses?

The first curse is from the implicit and the second curse for Awakened curse on hit lvl 5
a Question on CoH
Can i apply curses with ensnaring arrow?

in the tooltip description it states applies linked curses on hit, but when i use the skill i do not see any curses being applied. What am i doing wrong or otherwise, is there a bow skill that will work.

edit : figured it out. was testing the skill in the mines because it was easy. didnt check the mods had hexproof. skill working just fine.
Last edited by isnotonline on May 1, 2020, 11:39:18 AM
Hextouch isn't a trigger gem as it doesn't trigger anything. It simply applies a curse to a target. It is no more a trigger than blasphemy is a trigger.

Hextouch having the 'trigger' tag is an arbitrary restriction to nullify automation of curse application, plain and simple.

This tag should be removed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info