:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
As much as I love VE, it's very one dimensional in comparison to the fully-fleshed out Yorimoi.

Mostly I'm just enjoying watching Yorimoi shit all over DarliFra. Kyoani Madhouse > TriggerxA1. Absofuckinglutely. And Kyoani. And A-1 pictures by itself (Slow Start so good).

As for Tanya, how could you leave that poor little girl stranded in an alternate-reality version of World War 1? You monster. Los! Los! Los! (There are some theories floating around that Tanya and VE could be set in the same world. I find this amusing.)

Well, with the most recent episode something akin to an actual story (aside from Violet recovering from the horrors of war) showed itself in VE. Too bad there are only 2 episodes left now...

And honestly? I was hoping that DFXX was something great, but I was well aware of the fact that trigger made quite a few... polarising? guilty pleasure? shows in the past. A lot of action, a lot of clichés. Considering that, little witch academia was a pleasant surprise when it aired. I get the feeling that trigger still have some problems balancing out action and character development/interaction. We saw that they can do it... let's just hope they do it again in the future... *looks at upcoming shows this year* *sees inferno cop 2nd season* Aaaaand there goes my hope.

I only have 3 episodes of the alternate WW1 setting left, so there's that. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. And there's a lot of hell to enjoy in this one.

I was thinking of trying to watch all or at least a majority of the series I skipped but wanted to watch at some point. So that means kemono frieds, houseki no kuni, princess principal and some of this season after youjo senki. Maybe, just MAYBE and only if I feel like it I'll try to tackle Fate after that. That's quite a lot to watch... Oh well, I'll manage somehow.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
So, I started houseki no kuni just now and I have no idea why I skipped it in the first place. The animation is outright gorgeous and the story seems really interesting. The only problem I fear I'll have after finishing that is the same I had with suisei no gargantia: there will be nothing else with a similar setting. There just isn't.
Aaaaaand I binged it. That was a truly magnificient watch, I highly recommend it. The animation is absolutely stunning, story and characters are really interesting and the whole setting is something unique. Soundtrack is pretty solid aswell. I hope we will get more of Houseki no Kuni in the future.

Now then, what to watch next...
i'm watching Ai Yori Aoshi at the moment, seems like an oldy but it's very relaxing and cute so far.

Pretty curious to see how it's going to end.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
i'm watching Ai Yori Aoshi at the moment, seems like an oldy but it's very relaxing and cute so far.

Pretty curious to see how it's going to end.

Peace,

-Boem-

I think I have that somewhere on my looooooong list of series I want to watch aswell... I even watched the first episode I think... not sure.

3-gatsu no lion ended once more... a real shame. I hope we're gonna get a third season. This is already the second time today that a series leaves me with a void... but maybe I can overcome this one with something... well, I'll figure out something.
Time to see how bad the Character modelling is on the new fist of the north star (form the short PV it looked worse than berserks)

-----------------[EDIT]---------------------

And holy shit was it bad, i mean the animations were seriously bad but even the models of the people were bad, and as for a story...there dosen't seem to be much there atm.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 2, 2018, 6:30:59 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
On a whim, I checked out both the first episode of the 90s Berserk and the 2016. Maybe I'm a little more open minded but neither looked *terrible* to me, just very stylistically different.

Depending on who you speak to the original was very simplistic and "lazy" artistically, the story though kept you hooked and the art was never really bad.

The same can be said of the new versions(movies and series) though it's just how they animate the people in it that comes across very wooden and cheep and sometimes just completely wrong...thankfully the story is again enough to get you absorbed enough to not really bother.

The new fist...well fuck, ken looks like a mutant with that neck/face and how they all walk, it's so jarring to watch and so far there isn't much in the way of story.

As for the berserk manga, it IS good but STILL not done yet, there was a year gap before anything new was released.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I heard quite often that some of the 3D animations for the new berserk were just... awkward. There are quite a few series that did 3D animation better from what little I've seen as examples, but it's by no means terrible. Immediately houseki no kuni and ajin come to mind when talking about good 3D anime, but they really took advantage of the animation style.

Also on the topic of 3D: I might give RWBY a shot soon... it's supposed to be pretty good. Well, I'll find out.
camping here.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Those sure look awesome... and expensive.
Currently finishing Miira no Kaikata, since I dropped it somewhere along the way this past season. The supernatural beings in there are just adorable.
Not sure if I'll watch K: return of kings or kemono friends afterwards... but it'll be one of those two.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info