:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Thinking iron blooded orphans next. Maybe Ajin or Kabaneri.

I heard only good things about iron blooded orphans so far, but as I said earlier, I never really got into gundam.

As for kabaneri and ajin...
Kabaneri was decent... well, the first half of it at least (that and the animation is also pretty good). The second half was... underwhelming.
Ajin was great though. It is 3D, so that may put off some people, but I really enjoyed both story and characters. It also has one of those rare antagonists that can actually get shit done and outsmart the good guys. We don't see that kind too often. I can recommend it, it was amazing.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

JN: you noted Eva and shin godzilla is an odd combo for a concert. Not really. Anno directed both, and sagisu did the music for both. And Shin Godzilla just came out on bluray. I fucking love that movie.

I did not say it was odd. :P

"
I actually had to look it up and Crunchyroll already pointed out the news about the concert since like last year. Now that is an interesting crossover.

Edit: If you want to know what is an odd crossover for me that made me lol at first and then cringe afterward for a bit, it would be DMX x iDOLM@STER crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPntjTPWgKE
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 22, 2017, 4:20:00 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Fck42: good friend who is a gundam/macross nut feels that iron blooded orphans is great anime, bad gundam. I take that as a good sign that not being into gundam isn't an issue.

Hm, I guess I should add it to my plan to watch list then...
I have seen a few mech series (eureka seven, tengen toppa gurren lagann and suisei no gargantia for example) before, just... never gundam or macross. Actually, I didn't even watch the original NGE series, just the rebuild movies :/

I guess I'll have lots to watch then for the next season... I found at least 7 that looked interesting and then some I should've watched ages ago and now also iron blooded ophans... my plan to watch grows faster than I can watch.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Odd, interesting. Potato, yam...:p

Idolmaster is also interesting. You can dismiss it out of hand but since it had all the great namco bandai composers working on it, the music was actually very, very good.

Oh you. lol

I do not hear much of their OSTs since I only watch the anime version (both the main and Cinderella Girls), but of there is one that I literally replayed over and over, it is was Yakusoku by Chihaya Kisaragi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNggtNqbmnw

The song definitely hit my kokoro. The one in the spoiler tag shows some siginifcance behind the song, so I put in a spoiler tag to indicate an actual spoiler video.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 23, 2017, 12:18:13 AM
Shingeki no kyojin season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pl75nXkOfg
acca 13-ku is pretty interesting and well done in my opinion.

Haven't seen it mentioned by anyone. Not really something i would re-watch but i enjoy the animation and the story has some back-bone.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Since you were talking about music, new streaming service coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NVXn94BPZQ
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Shouwa Genruko Rakugo Shinjuu somehow turned out to be better than the first season, holy shit. Kuzu no Honkai went to shit almost as fast as I'd imagined.

Next season looks pretty dank. Got about 5-6 series lined up.

Speaking of Anime Japan, one of my friends was attending and sent me a fuck ton of pictures over the week-end. I thought Anime North and Otakuthon were pretty big, but they're nothing compared to Anime Japan, goddam.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

An end for the saga of tanya the evil

best line

Ohh, God......

Spoiler
I'll slice you into tiny pieces and feed you to the pigs!
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
An end for the saga of tanya the evil

best line

Ohh, God......

Spoiler
I'll slice you into tiny pieces and feed you to the pigs!

Yup, that line was put forth with a lot

Spoiler
feelings and rationality. ;)

It is to be expected that Tanya will have to fight

Spoiler
against the world and overthrow being X from its divine mantle. This battle started from the previous life, so I expect the defiance to continue. The irony is also strong with Tanya possibly fighting the daughter (Mary I think?) of the man who self destructed, in the future. I had a feeling it might happen and as Tanya predicted, sometimes feelings overcome rationality. Mary was an example when she made an oath to volunteer, she put forth all her feelings into it crying while being serious.

Man, I really want a second season out of this series, it is just incredible. The ending was just too powerful to be left hanging forever. :3

Edit: So many anime series to watch this spring season, already got like 3/4 planned to watch. This is going to be a wild season while waiting for PoE 3.0. lol

- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 1, 2017, 5:13:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info