:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
FCK42 wrote:

Definitely Heidi for me. It took me a long, LONG time to realise that it wasn't just a "normal" cartoon. Wasn't it made by what is essentially Ghibli nowadays? I remember reading something like that...

yes you are right, miyazaki and Takahata both. thanks to anilist i didn't even need to google :> that series was melancholic even back then..
I only found out after beginning to buy mangas i think(the first one there was battle angel alita xD) ahh good times!
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Aug 15, 2019, 6:52:39 PM
Chihayafuru 3?

Yes, please. Sign me up and roll that one out asap.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Grandblue fantasy 2 (need to finish s1)

Huh, I didn't think it'd get another one, but am happy that it did. Please let the opening be by Bump of Chicken once again!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Today I finally got the chance to watch Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel: Lost Butterfly in acceptable quality (sadly not on the big screen, but oh well).

That sure hammered home just how ridiculously talented Ufotable are at what they're doing. Also, that was one of the biggest mindfucks I've had in quite a while.
What can I say, fantastic movie. I'm very much looking forward to the third one... hopefully this time I'll notice it soon enough if it'll come to a close-ish cinema.
god dammit prime again... i try to not give money to amazon. aw well when needs must :D I'm interested how many episodes they want to do. But fall shapes up to be another fantastic season!
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Aug 24, 2019, 5:32:05 AM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
god dammit prime again... i try to not give money to amazon. aw well when needs must :D I'm interested how many episodes they want to do. But fall shapes up to be another fantastic season!

Really makes me wonder... from a moral standpoint, which is worse, supporting amazon to watch it or pirate it?
Disregarding my views about morality, i will go with what we would call a mainstream morality.

Then my answer is, its less moral to purchase from amazon first, because if you pirate, you still have choice to support them with your money.

Read 171 chapter of kimetsu no yaiba, i might start watching the anime now.
And then non non biyori 2nd season.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
Read 171 chapter of kimetsu no yaiba, i might start watching the anime now.
And then non non biyori 2nd season.

Do it. Kimetsu no Yaiba is REALLY great. It does the source material more than justice, and that was already brilliant. If you ever had a panel in the manga where you didn't quite know what was going on, then chances are that Ufotable turned it into an amazing scene with some sick camerawork (looking at you, drum-thingy demon and your house).

Also the fight animations... uh boy, the fight animations. They blew all my expectations out of the water.
The latest Fire Force episode was pretty damn great. One thing I noticed that kinda confuses me is that some scenes give off a studio shaft vibe. Maybe it's some of the backgrounds, maybe the animation... I can't quite put my finger on it, but to me it almost feels like I'm watching part of the monogatari series at times.

Which is weird, because other than that feeling, the two series are very much different.
"
FCK42 wrote:
The latest Fire Force episode was pretty damn great. One thing I noticed that kinda confuses me is that some scenes give off a studio shaft vibe. Maybe it's some of the backgrounds, maybe the animation... I can't quite put my finger on it, but to me it almost feels like I'm watching part of the monogatari series at times.

Which is weird, because other than that feeling, the two series are very much different.

Most likely because of the full body central framing.

Monogatari also uses this a lot, put a single character center of a frame and then build around it and emphasize it with brief periods of stilness before the frame kicks on.

Think of the scene for example where he is standing at the center of the building, they pauze it and even draw the ground underneath him taking a sort of "still shot" and then go zoom in on the faces and continue the action etc

Very monogatari like framing.

It creates this awkward vibe in monogatari though(central shots to close up faces and then speed up because of the sentence speed between characters), in fireforce it doesnt.

At least thats what i would guess gives off that vibe.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info