:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Shield Hero was awesome today. That whole thing put a bigger smile on my face than it should. Karma sure can be a bitch, even in anime. Or rather, especially in anime.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Shield Hero was awesome today. That whole thing put a bigger smile on my face than it should. Karma sure can be a bitch, even in anime. Or rather, especially in anime.

Its ok, but ive seen many complain about changing personalities of almost all main characters.

So far, after watching this many episodes I'd rate novel and manga higher, since it seems anime was made for younger public by the things they have done that differ.

Its enjoyable, but I always have that feeling of it being wrong and all my excitement has fallen off because of that.

I guess its disappointment that comes with knowing the source material, so it can't be evaded.
Spreading salt since 2006
Now i wanna know what the harsh translation is ?_?

Tease.

I sort of laughed with that ending but i didn't think it held up to the rest of the show in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Robihachi is criminally underwatched.
It's a hilarious show. It's also cleverly sequenced and the visuals fit the story really well. The writers seem inspired, as well; I get a sense that for every episode there were probably quite a few really good jokes that had to be set aside for time and/or plot-related reasons.

Still, I'm not watching that show with the same enthusiasm as some other series. The pacing and the sarcasm level are both set very high, right on the borderline of too high. Also, the most sympathetic key character on the show is a robot, which may account in part for why it's struggling to find a large audience.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jun 3, 2019, 2:11:51 PM
Robots? You mentioned robots?? Awesome :)

On a side note, after taking 2 days sick leave after having a full bottle thrown into my head from 2m away... and spending 8hrrs in a drs office getting shuffled around waiting on a free CT scanner....

Ive watched 45 episodes of Fairy Tail only to find the next episode i have is 173. Bit sad that im missing 3 seasons but... im enjoying it :)

Cheers,
Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
Dororo is building up for one hell of a finale it seems. The next two weeks will feel like torture, having to wait for the new episodes. The direction it went into was to be expected, but damn did they do a good job with the presentation! I a way, it really reminds of Megalo Box now that I think about it. They both have that certain charm of older anime series... it's difficult to explain. Their atmosphere and presentation just feel somehow different compared to most series we have these days if that makes any sense.

Also, is it just me being blind or was there no CGI used for any of the characters at any point in Dororo? Some effects might've been, but I don't think entire characters or backgrounds were made with CGI. That might be one of the reasons I feel this way.
Hmm i think i'll block the last dororo episodes. no point in suffering cliffhangers every week.

And fairy gone disappoints again. It's like the storywriter doesn't know where he wants to go with it. May there will be a big political upheaval in the near future, but the problem is, i don't see how. (well maybe through the out of my ass method like the one with the dolls). Hopefully you are right and they get the story straight, but right now we have a mess of different mafia clans and at least 4 political parties and the show doesn't present an endgame or even an ambition for any of them. Some might call this suspense, but without a story to follow outside of the episode format we're back in the 80. The same goes for the characters. Yes they tagged on some attributes to the main ones in the first episodes, but that's it. Nothing more is done to make them likeable(or hateable).
Please understand, I like the world, and the base idea behind it, but the execution and sadly the writing up until last week leaves a lot to be desired...

on another note, hype for vinland saga, hopefully it will be as good as the manga. 25 days to go :)
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Attack on Titan Season 3 spoiler/rant
*sigh* I see what Attack on Titan is doing and I don't exactly like it. Aren't there enough other dictatorship they could've used for inspiration? How many times do we have to do Nazi Germany in anime, film and videogames until it is enough? It's slowly starting to piss me off at this point.

What really got me on this one is how closely one resembles the other. It's pretty much "what if the jews were titans, but the nazis won". Maybe I'm just overreacting. I try not to care about that kinda stuff, but this time I failed.

Waiting for the last Dororo episode will feel like an eternity. That was the biggest setup for a dramatic final fight I've seen since Sword of the Stranger, let's hope this fight will be just as awesome.
Last edited by FCK42 on Jun 17, 2019, 9:19:20 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
Attack on Titan Season 3 spoiler/rant
*sigh* I see what Attack on Titan is doing and I don't exactly like it. Aren't there enough other dictatorship they could've used for inspiration? How many times do we have to do Nazi Germany in anime, film and videogames until it is enough? It's slowly starting to piss me off at this point.

What really got me on this one is how closely one resembles the other. It's pretty much "what if the jews were titans, but the nazis won". Maybe I'm just overreacting. I try not to care about that kinda stuff, but this time I failed.

It gets worse. They are faithfully following the manga up until now. They will probably continue to do so. I think it's one of those situations were the mangaka was out of good ideas to connect the things he wrote about before and used one of those "one standard fits all" scenarios. Prepare for reasoning becoming a lot more "inventive" . That and completely despising the main characters always stopped me from picking up the anime.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
That was an absolutely fantastic ending for Dororo. The art went from beautiful to damn gorgeous at certain parts and the fight scenes were pretty amazing. That was a great show overall. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone remotely interested.
Very small nitpick
I was the tiniest bit disappointed that we didn't get to see a scene of Dororo and Hyakkimaru living together a few years later. Is it weird that this bothered me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info