:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Ugh, the Deen UBW movie is total shit. And it's made all the more shit by Ufotable going and making a full higher quality series years later. We watch the 2006 Deen Fate because it's all we have for the Fate route, and it's great for setting things up. But the 2010 Deen UBW movie is 100% redundant now.

My western BDs of F/A are now complete. I have 100% double-dipped premium JP audio only 10 BD set and the much smaller 4 BD Australian release with subs. No regrets. So I finally deleted those files today.

I prefer a 70inch+ OLED 4k TV over projector but it's a bit like comparing sports cars. They all perform really well.

I went for the LG nano, I’m scared of OLED (image burn in) don’t regret it though... Supposedly the technology has advanced, Ive seen some pretty horrible OLED TVs at the mall. Yeah I know they keep them up all day, but I did see someone return theirs kinda being noisy i listened in.... Image burn lol.

Oh well... Anyways try the big screen its truly a whole new world when you’re laying in bed with your significant other eating snacks and your entire wall is Anime ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Can't say I was in love with tateyusha this week.

This week's episode was a bit weak on it's own. The next episode is likely going to be a great one if they don't mess it up. I'm pretty excited for it!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Hitoribocchi is so damn good.

It's hilarious.

By the way whats up with all of the 10 min anime this season?? Even had one of 7 min??

Was doing some first episodes of what this new season is offering and i swear like three or four shows got these time frames. And there seems to be a bunge of echi stuff in there as well ehh...

So far one punch man is solid, kenja no mago is also quite fun since i enjoy op mc's.

No mention of gunjou no magmel yet? For some reason i am reminded of the
x hunter x island arc when watching that show. It's really enjoyable so far.

And the time-travel show of this season is also enjoyable, how do i shorten that name? yu-no?
It had some pretty gruesome episode this week and i kind of like that mind-fuckery, time-travel shows get a free-pass from me on that like zero and steins gate.

Still got plenty to go over that looks promising so feel free to direct me to any if they stand out.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Still got plenty to go over that looks promising so feel free to direct me to any if they stand out.

Peace,

-Boem-

Bungou stray dogs season 3 is great so far. The entire series is really good, but the 3rd season so far was brilliant. In the latest episode they introduced one of the most interesting villains I've seen in a long time.

Then there's the obvious picks, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Senko-san, AOT season 3 part 2, Senryuu shoujo, Isekai quartet and Kenja no Mago. Though I guess you're already watching most of tvem. If you're willing to use some... inofficial streaming sites then Carole and Tuesday is very well worth watching. It's absolutely amazing.
I just noticed that I managed to miss out on Kimetsu no Yaiba last week. Inexcusable... but at least I managed to avoid a cliffhanger that way.
One thing I was wondering about... the water animation that's used to visualise Tanjiro's sword techniques... is that CGI or drawn? I honestly can't tell which one it is, but it's seriously damn impressive either way. And it looks absolutely stunning when it's shown in motion.
Also, the seiyuu that voices the crow does a brilliant job. It sounds exactly how you'd imagine a speaking crow. It really feels like Ufotable are going all out on this one.

I'm not too excited about time travel shows in general. It's a concept that's often very difficult to adapt in a good way. I've seen way to many crappy time travel movies to be excited about pretty much any series that uses that as their primary plot point. I've seen a couple that used it to great effect (Re:Zero and Steins;Gate for example), but imo they're the exception to the rule and they also have the advantage of having very well written characters.
The thing i find enjoyable in time travel shows is that you can really abuse it to go into very dark territory.

It's like the "and it was all just a dream" trope.

It's a great excuse to go absolutely bonkers or brutal in a show and then at the end go , welp that never actually happened. It's cheap i know, but you did watch some very dark stuff by the writer in the process that might not have been utilized in a regular show.

Not sure if that makes a lot of sense, maybe charan can chip in as a writer.

I only watched two episodes so far of kimetsu no yaiba and i haven't seen the blade water stuff in actual combat but only in the opening and it instantly stood out to me.
I got no clue about the technique but i agree that it is very nicely done and i think it has to do with how it conflicts with the regular style utilized.
It's like drawing a cloud on a paper and then holding it against a television screen showing the weather outside.

I also love the drawing style of the faces and eyes in particular in that show, good stuff so far.

But man was that ending of episode one brutal. The voice acting when he arrives(the shout) was perfectly dissonant to instill the scenery in your body and then the looking inside the house with the correct amount of shadow directing the eyes to the revealed parts of the scenery.

Shiver and praise worthy in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-
So I really enjoyed Overlord and now the rise of the Hero shield. Is there any other similar anime that worth watching?
"
diablofdb wrote:
So I really enjoyed Overlord and now the rise of the Hero shield. Is there any other similar anime that worth watching?

Similar as in the feeling of those specific settings or as in the overall subgenre of them? If you mean the former then Youjo Senki should be a good one, though it's a lot more similar to Overlod than to Shield Hero. Re:Zero would be another great watch and be more similar to Shield hero.

If you meant the latter however then boy do we have to educate on Isekai series in general.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Entire series of The Irregular arrived today. Looks pretty good.

Irregular in magic high?

If so, sweet \o/, such a solid arc based anime.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Entire series of The Irregular arrived today. Looks pretty good.

Irregular in magic high?

If so, sweet \o/, such a solid arc based anime.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit: my bad

It was entertaining enough, i didn't expect a masterpiece but it did deliver solid entertainment.

Spoiler

it was nice until the poor self insert MC got up being completely OP in everything he does... But at least it is still entertaining.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on May 6, 2019, 12:05:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info