:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
KOrchann wrote:
Hi guys, can u recommend to me some good anime movies? I’ve seen just few but really liked everyone I’ve seen so far.. sadly none of my friends watching anime.. So it’s just once in a time I bump in something... I’ve seen vexille, ghost in the shell and few other I don’t remember names... I would b happy to extend my list;)

-Redline: Futuristic over-the-top racing. Mild nudity.
-Eve no Jikan (Time of Eve): Robots among us. Dialogue-heavy.
-Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda. (The Anthem of the Heart): Teenage drama. Tearjerker.
-Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.): My all time favorite. Just watch it. Go in blind if possible.

Also:

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=movie

____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
On an unrelated note, I've played a VN recently.

Doki Doki Literature Club. Not for the faint of heart.

As for movies, I can definitely second the already mentioned "Your Name" and "A silent voice". I'd also throw in "The boy and the beast" and "Summer Wars". Also, Ghibli movies are at the very least solid (though some are... less friendly than others). Another category you can't really go wrong with would be movies by Makoto Shinkai ("Your Name" being his most famous one), though they tend to tackle some rather heavy stuff quite often.
And if you want some rather advanced stuff, go for the "Garden of Sinners" movies. I wouldn't recommend you to start with these though.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I decided to skim through that MAL page I linked above.

It was nice to see that all the standalone movies in the top 50 were mentioned here.

...I guess we have good taste? (Shh, let me have this.)

FYI: KokoSake was made by the people behind AnoHana, and is thematically similar to Koe no Katachi. If you guys liked one, I definitely recommend the other. Both are amazing.

Spoiler
Waataaaashii nooo Koee~

*cries manly tears*

Thanks a lot guys I’ll have look at them.. Can’t wait to get home and watch some;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Question for y'all:

What do you figure the average animation FPS for anime is? 8? 12? More?

"Average" as in the run-of-the-mill, non-special, non-CGI scene of a TV anime.

I'm also wondering if there are any sort of industry / studio standards for this.

And here I was just making an educated guess. Damn I'm good.

I also learned a new anime-related term (Googled "sakuga").

tyvm.

I feel like I had at least some influence regarding HisoMaso. Maybe. I think I mentioned it once or twice... ok, perhaps a BIT more often. But not by a lot.
"
Almost always, an anime with a sakuga focus will be 'good' overall

Yeah, from the "sakuga moments" I consciously observed (I just didn't know there was a special term for it), I can say it's a powerful tool when used cleverly.

"

I'm more of a binge-watcher (so I'm terrified of spoilers for ongoing shows), but a nice resource to have around.

"
HisoMaso

Hmm... It's finished airing and is superficially similar to So Ra No Wo To. Character drama. Gives me "hidden gem" vibes.

Guess I'll squeeze it in. And Revue Starlight too while I'm at it, because why not.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Still, the animation in Tensura and Irozuku impresses me more. Especially Tensura. Who knew a slime could be...so dynamic?

I agree. Like... holy crap, there's barely a scene in Tensura where there's NOT something moving. Also, the sheer range of "facial" expressions of our MC was a lot greater than I thought. And I swear, the episodes are only 5 minutes long at most. They go by so damn quickly.

Irozuku on the other hand seems to be eye candy polished to the utmost degree in some scenes and quite a bit above average in most others. That alone makes it worth watching imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info