:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Done with 1st cour of UBW. Even better animation than Zero (it didn't get the nickname "unlimited budget works" for nothing I guess), but I don't like the soundtrack quite as much. It doesn't feel quite as epic as Zero's.
Spoiler
So far not much gilgamesh, fortunately. Can't stand him. It seems a lot more action heavy than the fate route though, which I quite enjoy so far. I will be able to say more about it tomorrow, after the 2nd cour.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Jun 21, 2018, 8:57:28 PM
Spoiler
Honestly? I couldn't guess most of the heroes, as I'm usually more interested in the deities when it comes to mythologies, so no. I don't know who the Stay Night archer is (yet). What I DO know though is that he seems to have a huge amount of knowledge about magic, especially projection magic it seems.I know he has a reality marble and is EXTREMELY skilled with swords. It was also mentioned that he comes from almost the same time as Artoria (Artoria? Arturia? I can't remember which one it was... eh, screw it, Saber). Still no real clue and that simultaneously annoys and excites me.

I just don't like Gil's personality. As a character, he's amazing. He is extremely consistent in his behaviour, even if that means consistently being an asshole. I honestly prefer the batshit insane personalities of the 2 berserkers I know over his.
Again, amazing character, yet mostly awful personality. The one scene where I kinda liked him for a bit was his fight vs Rider in Zero. That and the following dialogue with Waver. But damn well written if he manages to make me hate him that much.
Last edited by FCK42 on Jun 21, 2018, 9:35:17 PM
Spoiler
Let's just say, I do have fun trying to guess the names, but... my knowledge is very limited. That doesn't stop me.

Regarding the berserkers, I agree. I somewhat understand the reasoning for Lancelot, but Herakles (or Herkules, whichever you prefer)? That was just bullshit. I mean, seriously. No idea which historic hero or villain would fit the role though... again, my knowledge is quite limited there, sadly. Eh, who knows, Attila? Hmm... that one would more likely be a Rider. Vlad III, prince of Wallacia maybe? No other class would be more fitting imo... then again, being "the impaler" would make him an ideal lancer. Still, would make more sense than Herakles (again, or Herkules) at least. Frankenstein's Monster sounds much more reasonable as a berserker there. Maybe they could've used some Germanic or Viking, after all, that's kinda were the ones where the berserkers originate from.
Well, I didn't watch anything of apocrypha yet. So far I've seen stay night (2006), zero and 1/2 of UBW. Not sure if I can take yet another fate series on saturday... I might take a break there before watching Heaven's Feel 1 on sunday.
It seems another mobile game I play has had some of its art inspired by fate

Lancelot :
Spoiler

Arthur :
Spoiler

Lancer Diarmuid :
Spoiler

Anyway not to go offtopic so much, I noticed in stay night, when Saber and Emiya argue about their goals, all the arguments they use against each other actually describe themselves too? To make it short, they are both messed up by past and can't let go of past it seems to me.

Arthur even more so, outside of her perceived purpose, she can't think of anything to do by herself if she was truly free.

Anyway gotta watch other fate seasons/series/releases to have a more complete picture.
Spreading salt since 2006
No more weekly dose of Wotakoi goodness. :(

Highly recommend it if anyone here overlooked it this season.
I'm gonna get to watching UBW 2nd cour today and maybe catch up with some of the seasonal stuff. Doing the rest of the catching up some other time.

By the way, done with Made in Abyss yet? If so, what are your thoughts, is it worthy of the title of "Anime of the year 2017"?
Well... it's only going to get better from there.
spoiler (kinda)
You better have some show to lift your spirits for right after this. I'm pretty convinced that you're going to need it.
Made in abbys = never forget that epic sunset.

=)

Anybody here watch the fox spirit matchmaker show? like it thus far.

Also watched the latest of megalobox, awesome animations and show in my opinion and i know some people that box irl so that helps :p

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
done. well that got dark.

aoty? riko got pretty annoying but other than that its up there.

hnkuni more my thing to be honest.

but 2017 also had sangatsu and rakugo, both of which blitz either Im afraid.

Well, as I said, most likely the reason those two didn't get the official award is because of the much smaller fanbase. After the first two or three episodes, Made in Abyss suddenly skyrocketed in popularity.
And for it getting dark... the anime so far has only scratched the surface.
spoiler (not sure if it is, but just in case)
The next arc is going to get hideous. It has one of the most terrifying antagonists I have EVER seen and some really, REALLY disturbing and unsettling scenes. Even though, albeit toned down, so far they showed everything unscensored, but I have no idea how they want to do that with the next arc. The sheer amount of dread I felt when reading that part in the manga was unlike anything I've felt from something other than ocurrences in real life.
It might be just me with this opinion, but it's going to become outright terrifying. And it CAN and WILL do both, shock and psychological horror. While I am excited for the next season, I'm simultaneously scared of what we'll see in there.

Edit: Boem, are you talking about the amazing dawn scene from episode one? That was the scene that blew away the last remaining doubts and convinced me that it will be a great adaptation. And GODDAMN, I love the soundtrack.
Last edited by FCK42 on Jun 22, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info