Dear GGG: Not finding any loot sucks.

Role-playing a Hobo that wanders across Wraeclast collecting pop bottles to buy a Porsche is not a fun experience.

I know you feel that actually giving players good drops will result in them immediately quitting but I am here to tell you the opposite is true too.

Made it to L87 and never found anything of real value, a few Chaos Orbs at best.

You probably toned down loot because of the Zoomers getting 1,607 Divs per map but I never managed to drop even one during my league experience.

If I had managed to find something semi-decent I'd have continued playing and rolled another character to experience said item, but, I won't have to worry about that.

Here's a little advice...

If your supposed "crafting" orbs are your main currency, I'll never learn to "craft" because it's just dumb to burn $1,000 bills in order to try to make something that will probably be worth under $1 because crafting without giant amounts of currency is just throwing money down a bottomless hole.

I am not ranting without offering a little advice, take it for what it is.

Why not drop some "bonus" orbs to let folks at least experience and learn how to craft. Or call them "Practice" orbs for making "Practice" NoDrop items.

Make the "bonus" orbs NoDrop so folks don't resell them.

Same thing with some bonus item drops. Make them NoDrop too. Let folks feel the joy of finding something build enabling and break the monotony of picking up pop bottles.

I'm sure I am not the only person that feels this way.

Zoomers, feel free to roast me as being a Newb, Lern-to-play, whiner. That's ok.

**Note**
I am not asking for all loot to rain from the sky in endless quantity, just to be thrown a bone that could make the game a little fun to experience again.

Your virtual pixels are free, it doesn't cost you anything to drop a few more things. Hell, make them disappear at the end of League so they don't pollute the pristine Standard League.
Last edited by RockGod on May 6, 2024, 6:46:12 PM
Last bumped on May 8, 2024, 2:31:30 PM
You're doing something wrong if you don't find "any" loot at all cause the game literally showers you in loot explosions since the last few leagues, especially really bad this league and previous league lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
what kind of crafting are you trying for?
Majority of crafting is done with orbs of alteration, augmentation if you're chasing specific modifiers, throw a regal and now with exalts cheap as chips throw one of those on.
Otherwise there is always fossil crafting, much easier to engage with.
Now there is grave crafting...
If you're referring to us "newbs" and crafting with eldritch chaos orbs, influencing and divine orbs, you're setting the bar too high.
In my opinion, the base drop rate of things feels bad. Most maps don't feel rewarding until they drop way too many items. Like I can enter maps with only like 10 slots free and not pick enough to worry about my inventory. I would rather have a consistent 1 divine drop every 10-15 maps than a rare currency conversion give me 200 every 1000 maps.

People who didn't do the necropolis league "unintended effects" (GGG called them this) basically get no added value over standard. things like the Nameless Seer are far to rare.

Anecdotally I didn't get a divine orb drop before completing my atlas this league. Sure I can trade for them as I need them with chaos orbs being more valuable but that isn't as fun as killing monster -> get loot.

Most people make currency via trading and flipping items. Cool, nice for them, You Did It. I just want to pick up my crafting currency and choose what to do with it, is that so much of an ask?

I don't know why GGG insists I have to make like 4 trades to get the materials I want instead of playing the game, especially with trade being the diseased rotting dead horse it is. Like if my unique item with the corruption implicit I want isn't on trade, oh boy, that is going to take a while to get. It is a nice goal to have though.

The drops are a lot of why the endgame loop isn't that fun for me and I usually drop out when the game feels more like a chore. Not that everyone feels this way, for a lot of people the real game is in the hideout, sniping items off the trade market.
Game drop so much currency and other stuff that most of it feels worthless. It will be a lot better to reduce the drop rate, so orbs like annulment would be worth quids not pennies. Even if you would get a mirror per 10-15 maps, you wouldn’t be happy, because it would have no market value.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Completely disagree with previous poster.
Perceived item value should be derived from item function and not from market value.
More drops would definitely make the game better for anyone who likes to play the game and not the games market.
The problem is that this game is tuned in a stupid way so people who could use the drops get none and people who no longer need them get all of them.
Last edited by Bosscannon on May 7, 2024, 2:36:08 AM
Thank you for speaking on my behalf, but I find too much loot boring and game killer, not "fun".
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
No one spoke on your behalf and you are just repeating yourself.
"
Bosscannon wrote:
Perceived item value should be derived from item function and not from market value.

Come join us in SSF then.

Otherwise I suggest booking economy 101 at a local faculty
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Bosscannon wrote:

Come join us in SSF then.

Otherwise I suggest booking economy 101 at a local faculty

I would but drop tables aren`t balanced for SSF. SSF is simply adding even MORE grind which trade already has too much.

If SSF had adequate drops the trade league would be dead cause its intentionally designed to be annoying.
Last edited by Bosscannon on May 7, 2024, 3:38:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info