The recent socket exploit gave me an idea for the future.

I am basing buffed fortify baked in and baking in totems based on my experiences with what is required to make a melee build not evaporate in endgame content (endurance charges stacker with transcendence and legacy loreweave + edamnation) for better than 90% dr vs everything aside from chaos and it as a build still struggles against enemies that throw out high damage ground effects like harvest rares with damage boosting mods in delirium, and for its investment its damage is terrible. Letting every melee build get about 3x as tanky as ranged without a ton of extra investment goes a long way towards making them not evaporate on contact with a strong rare. Furthermore most melee skills honestly have kind of terrible damage and attack speed multipliers, baking in the two totems at full power is entirely reasonable, it would roughly undo the slam nerfs and would make gameplay significantly more responsive as well as giving them an actual dps edge over ranged to accommodate for their poor uptime unless functionally invuln.
"
I am basing buffed fortify baked in and baking in totems based on my experiences with what is required to make a melee build not evaporate in endgame content (endurance charges stacker with transcendence and legacy loreweave + edamnation) for better than 90% dr vs everything aside from chaos and it as a build still struggles against enemies that throw out high damage ground effects like harvest rares with damage boosting mods in delirium, and for its investment its damage is terrible. Letting every melee build get about 3x as tanky as ranged without a ton of extra investment goes a long way towards making them not evaporate on contact with a strong rare. Furthermore most melee skills honestly have kind of terrible damage and attack speed multipliers, baking in the two totems at full power is entirely reasonable, it would roughly undo the slam nerfs and would make gameplay significantly more responsive as well as giving them an actual dps edge over ranged to accommodate for their poor uptime unless functionally invuln.

Perspective is downstream of experience. Fair enough.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
trixxar wrote:
I agree without other limits, it would just be 75% more dps.

I think crucible trees handled it well by giving new build options but with certain limits.

I would build on that, not just more sockets, but more additions to skills like

Socketed Gems are supported by
-Each time you use this skill you are teleported to the nearest enemy within X range (add flicker to other skills)
-Modifiers to increased projectiles in this item instead increase damage by 30% and aoe by 50%, only one projectile per skill.
-Elemental damage socketed in this item can cause bleed, but physical cannot
-all gems socketed in this item benefit from physical damage to weapon modifiers but not spell modifiers (so you could increase ice spear damage with "incr phys damage with 2handers" but get no benefit from spell damage)
-all gems socketed in this item are used by your spectres not you with 60% less damage

and so on.

I like this, adds some unique functionality without necessarily increasing damage numbers.

I admit my implementation was very damage focused. Probably be better for the health of the game to focus on functionality which opens up builds to do more with potential damage already in the game, rather than buffing skills or playstyles causing a knock-on effect of power creep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info