Today I felt post-league depression for the first time - 40/40 Challenges Review of Necropolis

try playing ssf or ruthless or both
"
Toforto wrote:

Its name is also just so creative "UberVolatileExplosion". Man I can't wait for uber campaign in 4.0, and Uber Act 10 Kitava.

That is the name within the code of the game files. You will never see this name inside the game. Getting angry at something you'd never see seems like a bad idea.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
It‘s a unique T17 mod called Volatile something. And yeah, it seems to be based on monster HP. 😂

Gotta I haven't died to any like GGG on death effects for years and this one still tilted me just watching the clip

They finally got the stage where they just made it kill you, i'm surprised they even gave it a value.

Like i'm not really surprised but I instantly rolled my eyes, this is what they've come to. I shall learn from this video and reroll that one everytime it just isn't worth putting up with. I think i've already done one with it as a mod but that was before I knew it did 70k fire ><

On topic I will say I've enjoyed this league the least and i've been here a while. Even Kalandra felt better its just an awful combination of tedious micromanagement, extremely overpowered crafting, difficulty spikes and feast or famine chasing with the community on what method of ricing everyone else is currently available.

Scarabs are bloated AF and have completely taken over the atlas, build diversity down overall due to no temporary league power creep like relics or pseudo ascendancies/crucible etc and higher defensive requirements.

I don't want to just be negative but this one is just a real mess for me, my only positive is i thought of a fruitcake league starter for next league :P
Last edited by Draegnarrr on May 2, 2024, 6:05:39 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
It‘s a unique T17 mod called Volatile something. And yeah, it seems to be based on monster HP. 😂

Gotta I haven't died to any like GGG on death effects for years and this one still tilted me just watching the clip

They finally got the stage where they just made it kill you, i'm surprised they even gave it a value.

Like i'm not really surprised but I instantly rolled my eyes, this is what they've come to. I shall learn from this video and reroll that one everytime it just isn't worth putting up with. I think i've already done one with it as a mod but that was before I knew it did 70k fire ><

On topic I will say I've enjoyed this league the least and i've been here a while. Even Kalandra felt better its just an awful combination of tedious micromanagement, extremely overpowered crafting, difficulty spikes and feast or famine chasing with the community on what method of ricing everyone else is currently available.

Scarabs are bloated AF and have completely taken over the atlas, build diversity down overall due to no temporary league power creep like relics or pseudo ascendancies/crucible etc and higher defensive requirements.

I don't want to just be negative but this one is just a real mess for me, my only positive is i thought of a fruitcake league starter for next league :P

Gotta say that it was a misplay on my end. I had seen the mod when I rolled the map and even talked about it before opening it. The Meatsack was tanky as fuck because of a bug that was patched with the last Hotfix, so I was distracted by the shaper-touched and didn't see the volatile.

Now that I am aware of it, I wouldn't die to it again, but man I loved that character. Had some of the craziest gear I ever made in SSF, let alone in HC

Scarabs are both a hit and a miss for me. I pretty much always run full scarabs on my maps, but it also means that I always have to plan my tree around sustaining scarabs. It's mostly FOMO because Alch & Go is still viable but it's there
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"Volatile Core"

https://poedb.tw/us/Volatile_Core#VolatileCoreVolatileCoreUberMap

It does not scale with monster HP, it just deals an absurd amount of damage. :^)

lol, this is real. Not even meme.
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
"
Toforto wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"Volatile Core"

https://poedb.tw/us/Volatile_Core#VolatileCoreVolatileCoreUberMap

It does not scale with monster HP, it just deals an absurd amount of damage. :^)

Good to know GGG are making absurdly unfair mods like this, I also love the "cannot be dodged,blocked or suppressed". Extremely hilarious. Its name is also just so creative "UberVolatileExplosion". Man I can't wait for uber campaign in 4.0, and Uber Act 10 Kitava.

This is peak POE design.

It's the real Uber monster.
Same experience with crafting. Line up 50+ corpses, and get something worth about 50 chaos.

Time to benefit ratio is not there unless you really, really spreadsheet it and spend a few divines to make something worth 20 divines.

But that's the least fun mechanic ever, makes original Harvest gardens and Synth look super fun and enjoyable.
"
trixxar wrote:
Same experience with crafting. Line up 50+ corpses, and get something worth about 50 chaos.

Time to benefit ratio is not there unless you really, really spreadsheet it and spend a few divines to make something worth 20 divines.

But that's the least fun mechanic ever, makes original Harvest gardens and Synth look super fun and enjoyable.

The mechanic isn't that difficult to figure out tbh. I made a ton of gear with the graveyard this season and have had very few "duds" but then again I see people who still don't use Modifier Tier Rating corpses this late in the league...
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
snowmittens wrote:
try playing ssf or ruthless or both

I love ssf and that's what I usually play. I don't however hate myself enough to ever play ruthless, thats for the special people.

Edit:
"
Toforto wrote:
at least the armor set looks cool and has nice effects.

What are the effects you talk about? The set looks nice, but I don't see any effects. The set from last league has unique footsteps and makes your life bar/flask purple which is cool, but the current set is a bit boring in comparison.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on May 2, 2024, 5:05:53 PM
Edit:
"
Toforto wrote:
at least the armor set looks cool and has nice effects.

"
What are the effects you talk about? The set looks nice, but I don't see any effects. The set from last league has unique footsteps and makes your life bar/flask purple which is cool, but the current set is a bit boring in comparison.

Watch the video they released on their youtube about the challenge rewards, each armor piece has its own effect. The main cool ones are the one that changes the trading UI for both you and the other person when you initiate a trade and the boots that track how many times you've traded.
Last edited by Toforto on May 2, 2024, 5:10:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info