-39 divines for reroll 7% life and 15% crit multi and i still far away

gambling
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
GlebKosha wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
That's gambling crafting for you.

That's why I don't do it. I've got better things to blow my currency on, such as buying the item from someone else.

No, it's not gambling. If you think so, you can think so, but don't make it about me, okay? It's about the mechanics that are in the game and that work poorly and miserably because ggg decided that it would be very "smart" to remove the existing parallel mechanics for interacting with mods' rolls.

Why can it not be both?

You literally blew away a whole bunch of currency gambling for minmax rolls on your item, even knowing that "crafting" in this game is chancing away all of your wealth in the hope it'll pay off. You're just as much at fault for wanting to engage in this system, as the system is for existing in the first place.

And don't get me wrong, I'm a huge (pre-nerf) Harvest enjoyer. After GGG gutted it into uselessness, I was devastated. GGG wants us to gamble, but this nerf made me never want to touch the slot machine that is crafting. I'll never forget the time Chris wrote in the manifesto explaining why Harvest had to be nerfed is because he wants us to experience the thrill of closing our eyes and use an exalted orb. That was unfathomably infuriating. Imagine gutting Harvest just so you can unironically yolo exalts.

I hate it just as much as you do, but GGG is content to force it on us. Maybe if less people engaged with gambling, they might actually make it more accessible for players with less wealth. One could hope.

because it can't be one or the other.
Gambling is spending money for the sake of possibly earning other money or valuable things. This is not the case here, I specifically need this item with specifically these characteristics, the only way to get this item with these characteristics is through one specific path. This is not gambling, there is a absurd way to achieve the result, if there was another way, I would choose it. This logic is too inadequate, then you can say that going through the acts is gambling, because I can kill Hillock and get Tabula from it, or I can kill a mob in the sixth act and get Divine orb. No, it's not, you can't call everything gambling, because it at least stupidly distorts the vision of everything in the game and blurs this concept to absurdity. According to your logic, picking up an object from the floor is gambling, using Orbs of Alternation is gambling, using a wisdom scroll is gambling, but you're just blurring the concepts and it's harmful, if you're okay with living in such a bubble, then go ahead and live and think that way. Just don't drag me into this, I don't agree with it. If I was doing it for profit, it would be gambling, because I wouldn't get it, but no, I was not interested in profit or earnings, I was making a specific item exclusively for myself, an item that was not on the market at that time, I wanted this particular item and there is only one way to get it and I hope you will find the resource to understand my point and at least not raise this issue again.
Last edited by GlebKosha on Apr 26, 2024, 2:38:15 PM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
gambling

cringing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info