Do the devs hate the average people who play this game?

"
mnieradko wrote:
"
Let me know when they will add gameplay to this list

My point was listing things that should be assumed and basic in a big budget game before gameplay is even considered.

That is a HOT take. Big budget games shouldn't put actual gameplay before other things?

There was a time when Lead Developers had a vision for what their game would be. People like Sid Meier, Peter Molynoux, John Carmack, Cliff Bleszinski, Chris Roberts (before Star Citizen). The video game industry had people with a vision for a game and would lead a team to make that game. David Brevik became a face for Blizzard North... Publishers don't do this any more. D4 had nobody with a vision working on the game. Activision/Blizzard had some SC2 guy put on the project in its early years and items just had 'offence' and 'defence' attributes.

Blizzard had a group of streamers come test the game and the general feedback was "is this it?". Blizzard's response was 'well, we're taking feedback from people to shape the game...'. But Blizzard should still have an idea of what they're doing. If the plan was to pipe in Diablo lore and art and then crowd source game design then they're showing how shallow of an attempt they are making.
i would say GGG drove themselves to the corner with poe1.

they cannot and will not nerf attackspeed/aoe in a significant way as it will cause a lot of players to rage quit when their builds stop working.

ggg has the numbers. as much as i hate how "average unfriendly" this game is, i m still playing it. GGG knows they've cornered the market.

i have however stopped recommending POE1 to any friends as the barrier for entry can be high. you need a lot of dedication and at this point players are heavily encouraged to follow a build guide rather than trying to build something yourself.
[Removed by Support]
I think 3.24 is the best patch in the last 2 years from my opinion.
If league becomes too much FOMO or is time preasured by economy just play standard at your own pace. Interact with the economy when you wanna buy cheap low to mid end items for your build and enjoy the beautiful game.

Its the first patch where you can farm raw divines without any mf or big jucing sextants rolling and other bs micro management required.
Lots of different strats with 3 Atlas Trees to choose from and a lot of opportunities with scarabs. The person in charge knew what he was doing (lets just exclude melee in the grand picture).
Last edited by zzang on Apr 26, 2024, 7:32:12 AM
"
That is a HOT take. Big budget games shouldn't put actual gameplay before other things?

You're suggesting to build a house with fancy furniture and belongings inside when the house itself has a crumbling foundation and walls made of cardboard.

The basic things I listed are king and lay the foundation for everything else to come. Whether you make those other things happen is up to many factors, but you can't for example hope to make challenging but fair boss fights when you:

- make everything dark
- design your graphics/colors to have minimal contrast
- provide no gamma correction
- allow things to kill you from offscreen
- perform horrible engine optimization so the game slows to 5 fps on hardware that should run the fight at 60 fps (or some arbitrary comfortable number)
- provide zero explanation to the player when the previous factors DO kill them repeatedly

Diablo 1 in the late 90's and Diablo 2 (way before D2R) in the 2000's had superior graphical fidelity and options to see what is going on than POE does in 2024 and the hardware requirements of those games was a joke in comparison even when the screen was full of monsters and projectiles.

"
D4 had nobody with a vision working on the game.

People in the gaming industry with "vision", but without a basic understanding of how a good game should LOOK and FEEL at its foundation, especially in an ARPG, are as common as drops of water in the ocean. The few people that did along the ways, including the names you mentioned near the start (e.g. Sid Meier), are a dying breed.

Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 26, 2024, 12:37:19 PM
Yes, they do.
"
mnieradko wrote:
"
Let me know when they will add gameplay to this list

My point was listing things that should be assumed and basic in a big budget game before gameplay is even considered.

POE is big budget now after all the massive supporter investment and tencent ownership yes?

Big joke blizz with all their old guard leaving (or fired) can still manage these basic things but GGG cannot because...the playerbase should "git gud" and live without those things?

My post wasn't a support of D4 gameplay and all of its related balance/itemization/endgame issues. And if you want to talk gameplay, then yes POE has a large plethora of inexplicable one shot fests narrowly catered to a tiny selection of builds and archetypes possible for people who treat playing this game like their life's purpose.

Calm down bro

No, calm down bro, gameplay > graphics, gameplay > catering to casuals, and so on - GAMEPLAY is the foundation of the game. You die from offscreen or instantly after entering map because you didn't build defense properly. That is a great thing that something can kill your character, otherwise what is the point of playing a walking simulator like d4? D4 is a shitshow, not a game, all Blizz is doing is talking how they will improve the game... and thats it, talking is all they do. If you think PoE is too hard, maybe it isn't game for you?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Apr 26, 2024, 6:28:19 PM
If I played characters with 3.4k life at level 94 I'd also die to random offscreens. While no-hit runs are fun, the realisation should be that in a game like PoE you will eventually get hit. Defences are part of every character's build. Hamper your expectations if you want to ignore them like that

Also, what's with the 5 FPS thing you mention? Are you running the game on hardware from the last decade, or what's going on here?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Hate is a strong word. Disdain or even indifference might be more appropriate.

Question: Why do you mainly cater to people/streamers who play 16 hours a day?
GGG: There are other types of players?
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

Good it's how it should be why should you be rewarded the same who work hard in the game?

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/meritocracy
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 26, 2024, 7:58:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info