Dear GGG, do something to help the players

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

While there could be false positives i do not believe for a second that anything in the last 5(minimum) years has been such, because as generic as GGG's replies are the cheaters are just as generic and easy to pick out.

You were there when GGG launched their first anticheat system around 9 years ago, starting with dumping entire process names list on player's machine (they claim they hash all this data before processing, but still, contents of my pc isn't any of their business). By now they probably have behavior pattern detection with machine learning like many other games. And you truly believe this is all so foolproof? Stories about banning whole guild (including members who didn't login for a long time) can be found in dozens on this forum, surely they were all malicious cheaters to a man :)
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
The 1 time using the ban appeal process is completely shit.

It's really not, because at the end of the day they still need to get work done, they don't have hundreds of support staff, (less than 100 last i heard) and they have tens of thousands of support requests, if they end up spending time re re re re reviewing ban appeals they are taking time away from players than somehow manage NOT to get banned and may just end up unbanning cheats/scammers just to get some work done (look at wow, where they go to for those that get banned correctly is to spam the shit out of support until support give in and un ban them)

While there could be false positives i do not believe for a second that anything in the last 5(minimum) years has been such, because as generic as GGG's replies are the cheaters are just as generic and easy to pick out.

GGG have no problem reviewing the account, they have no problem unbanning them , but if it was correctly banned they are not going to waste their time baby sitting you.

I agree with you in total!

But I do believe in the possibility to appeal if you have been banned. But instead of how it works now, with a lot of correct bans I suppose, but people will whine anyway and write at this forum, then sending a lot of complete bullshit mails to GGG. So instead, already in the first objection you have to put some money in. This could be, lets say 30 EUR. If you do succeed with it and get unbanned, then the money will be returned, but in addition to that as well another 300 points to buy mtx - as a fair deal because you were banned incorrectly. Then you are free to continue to play the game. Few people who know they have been banned correctly would try this as they will not succeed most probably. If you do not succeed you lose the fee of 30 EUR.

And if you did not succeed, but still know it has been a unfair ban. You should be able to appeal and get a final decision, with a more specific explanation. Not specific as ultra specific because cheats and similar should of course not be told "how to bypass them". This step could have the same fee system, but instead of 30 EUR a higher fee or a fee based on hours you have played or what should be the best option.

After that step - there should be no other way to appeal. You either accept it and start a new account or accept it and quit playing :)
"
If you do not succeed you lose the fee of 30 EUR.

This will not result merely in "whining", but in mass robbery accusations/lawsuits:) Aside from real abusers trying to blatantly wiggle their way out of ban, people's main issue with the process is 0 communication.

Not only are you punished without ever hearing the accusation (which feels alien to whole culture of law we live in from birth), they don't even bother to write a humanly answer about loss of long-played-MTX account, sending one copypasted email after another. This "dialog" itself provokes people to question the decision.

Multiple (say up to 3) appeals should be a thing, establish a cooldown of 2-3 weeks before next appeal can be submitted, so one side has time to cool off, and other side will likely have another staff member looking at it next time.

And ffs hire more staff for this, lol. GGG's copypasted answer here was always how they poor kittens have a large overhead of requests. Well if their own policy is ban first ask questions later, no warnings, widespread usage of bots (wtf is lvl 40 ban?), should be obvious you'll need more staff, no? Blaming players for the support overhead is hypocrisy.
Yes, they are simply taking advantage of the fact that it is difficult to challenge all this in court / bodies that control trade, at least to declare in New Zealand you also need to pay -_-

I thought that you can relax in games, but still, it’s worth looking at it more critically and not spending as much money on them as you spent in this trash heap

Or the NOT respected GGG will finally deign to reconsider the work of his outsourced Indian citizens working for rice, who knows)
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
If you do not succeed you lose the fee of 30 EUR.

This will not result merely in "whining", but in mass robbery accusations/lawsuits:) Aside from real abusers trying to blatantly wiggle their way out of ban, people's main issue with the process is 0 communication.

It is a common way to appeal within sports. If you think a game has had an obvious mistake by the referee, and it is something that could have affected the end result. Then you may do an objection but with a large fee (lowest leagues 500 EUR maybe) - and if the objection is left without being granted, that fee was the cost. But if "the council" state that the objection is correct, then in the most cases a new game will be played, but not necessary - there could be other outcome, as the result will stand or similar, but still the "objection was correct", the fee will be returned.

This prevent people from making those objections, just as a sake of - no matter if it is unlikely to be granted. But if you think (in PoE the most should know) there has been a wrong decision you are more willingly to try it even if it could cost the fee.

I have no idea how often someone has been banned without breaking the rules. But it would be very unlikely if it happens often. The cases I have read about here at the forum - no one has convinced me they are innocent. Last one I was writing a few PM to but he had been banned, then unbanned - but he did end up doing the exact same thing again. Even if that would be without him knowing - I would stay away from all that "on the edge" or "this guild seems to cheat but I pretend as nothing". Why even balance at that line?

"
ATIX89 wrote:
It is a common way to appeal within sports. If you think a game has had an obvious mistake by the referee, and it is something that could have affected the end result. Then you may do an objection but with a large fee (lowest leagues 500 EUR maybe) - and if the objection is left without being granted, that fee was the cost. But if "the council" state that the objection is correct, then in the most cases a new game will be played, but not necessary - there could be other outcome, as the result will stand or similar, but still the "objection was correct", the fee will be returned.

This prevent people from making those objections, just as a sake of - no matter if it is unlikely to be granted. But if you think (in PoE the most should know) there has been a wrong decision you are more willingly to try it even if it could cost the fee.

I have no idea how often someone has been banned without breaking the rules. But it would be very unlikely if it happens often. The cases I have read about here at the forum - no one has convinced me they are innocent. Last one I was writing a few PM to but he had been banned, then unbanned - but he did end up doing the exact same thing again. Even if that would be without him knowing - I would stay away from all that "on the edge" or "this guild seems to cheat but I pretend as nothing". Why even balance at that line?

It's interesting to compare a competitive sport to what is essentially a PVE game without the competitive part.

No one can even have a clue about what they've violated specifically, since conventionally their clause 7 of the terms of use includes RMT, bots and cheats. So that's what you think you've violated.

And the whole problem is that conditionally, the fee to report this fraudulent office will be 200$, when you put the same amount in the game. In my opinion, it is more profitable to just forget about this garbage and no longer contact with it.

No other game I know, in which technical support would be so bad.
"
ATIX89 wrote:

Difference is, in real life, including sports, both sides know the exact terms of disagreement and can prepare related arguments to their defense. In case of sports, even better, event is recorded on video from dozens of cameras, so objective information exists. And later, their representatives are both present at the court.

In poe, you have no damn idea what to even write in your appeal. Mine was like "uhh, guys, what happened? Why on earth did you suddenly decide I have "too many accounts" when I barely came to your game and reached lvl 40 first time? Maybe you ban everyone with dynamic IP this way?". Then I had to wait 4 weeks in total radiosilence, after which they finally unbanned me, meaning maybe I guessed correctly when filing appeal.

Now imagine you'd have to pay big (by the game's standards) money just to be able to submit appeal, still without knowing what to defend against. And if they deny it, they still won't inform you why exactly it happened, but will still take your money. Ideal fraud opportunity if I ever saw one. Hence comes point from previous post: lack of communication from GGG is what makes the process impossible to trust, any amount of fee won't improve it alone.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
ATIX89 wrote:

Difference is, in real life, including sports, both sides know the exact terms of disagreement and can prepare related arguments to their defense. In case of sports, even better, event is recorded on video from dozens of cameras, so objective information exists. And later, their representatives are both present at the court.

In poe, you have no damn idea what to even write in your appeal. Mine was like "uhh, guys, what happened? Why on earth did you suddenly decide I have "too many accounts" when I barely came to your game and reached lvl 40 first time? Maybe you ban everyone with dynamic IP this way?". Then I had to wait 4 weeks in total radiosilence, after which they finally unbanned me, meaning maybe I guessed correctly when filing appeal.

Now imagine you'd have to pay big (by the game's standards) money just to be able to submit appeal, still without knowing what to defend against. And if they deny it, they still won't inform you why exactly it happened, but will still take your money. Ideal fraud opportunity if I ever saw one. Hence comes point from previous post: lack of communication from GGG is what makes the process impossible to trust, any amount of fee won't improve it alone.

I do understand there is a difference, absolutely but the main thing I had in focus is to get rid of all people who know they have some third party software to cheat or what it is called. People who know they will "walk away with no cloths at all", probably just forget and accept it instead of trying to get the account unbanned.

I can tell you fifteen years ago in the lowest leagues in sport - there was normally no video recording. I just mean if the referee give you a match penalty in ice hockey for tripping in the second period, and then with one man short on ice the opponent score three times and win the game with 5-4. Then the losing team think it could be worth an objection and pay that fee - because it is a pure foul in itself. If the referee instead just misjudge something but there is no error in it self - it is no idea for an objection.

But, yes - it is to compare apples with pears.

But as I understood the system here works today is no one has the time to invest into the appeals and then people write here and whine, blame and so on - and they could because of the system. No one know what has happened so why should not all cheaters complain then and tell "I have not doing anything wrong".

Thats why I think - step one is to get rid of all that. So instead of 3 000 appeals every year with 100 that are looked into - then with that fee it could be reduced to 200 appeals and all is looked into seriously.

More time available, better investigated (at least more carefully) and also we get rid of ten percent of the whining at the forums. Win - Win - Win!

I compare it to how it is today, and my system feels better. Don't you agree? I understand your concerns, and I don't say this is the ultimate solution. But nothing seems to be better as it is today.

Now, it is time to survive with my on going character and don't get cocky as the last ones. Wasted them. Where can I appeal - I got killed by a sneaky move that should not be allowed!

Take care!
"
hush8484 wrote:
"
ATIX89 wrote:

It's interesting to compare a competitive sport to what is essentially a PVE game without the competitive part.

No one can even have a clue about what they've violated specifically, since conventionally their clause 7 of the terms of use includes RMT, bots and cheats. So that's what you think you've violated.

And the whole problem is that conditionally, the fee to report this fraudulent office will be 200$, when you put the same amount in the game. In my opinion, it is more profitable to just forget about this garbage and no longer contact with it.

No other game I know, in which technical support would be so bad.

I know I don't cheat. I don't even trade. I have been given a weapon sometimes or so, and also give away a few things. I will not get banned - even though I don't know what is allowed or not. Because pure logic tells me I am far away to cross any lines to get banned.

But if I would trade a lot, and I was using a third party app that told me in game what the average price for an item is so I could easily know what to pick up, sell or just leave as garbage. Then I maybe think "this can't be forbidden", but I am not for certain about it. So then I would look i up in the terms if it is allowed or not. If I am in a area grey as grey (!) and I get banned, then I know I at least has some shit installed - and that is my responsibility to look up.

If I am in a guild and I see "strange things" - I know the risk - but it is up to me to leave that guild or risk getting banned if the whole guild will get banned. Even if I have done nothing that broke any rules.

This is probably the reason for a lot of bans. Walking in that grey area. Then instead of look to yourself, all focus on streamers instead and whine, "they are allowed - why not me?" That may suck, but all people is just responsible for what they are doing. If it is not allowed, then you break the rules - and you take that ban as a man or a woman.

Cheers!
UPUP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info