deleted

28 times used Locus of Corruption and 2 times implic 2 times all white sockets other just poof... nice nice
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
...MILLIONS of interactions have determined that the average VALUE of a Locus of Corruption is 1 divine.

On a random side note, it was 4 - 6D in Affliction (I'm a notorious locus seller), so this is extremely league-dependent, and it also tends to increase in time (as the hunt for extreme high end items intensifies over the league's length, and also because people love to gamble later into the league).
"
Xyel wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
...MILLIONS of interactions have determined that the average VALUE of a Locus of Corruption is 1 divine.

On a random side note, it was 4 - 6D in Affliction (I'm a notorious locus seller), so this is extremely league-dependent, and it also tends to increase in time (as the hunt for extreme high end items intensifies over the league's length, and also because people love to gamble later into the league).

That is BECAUSE the market determines the price, tft or otherwise. In Affliction, divines were worth WAY LESS so everything "cost" more in terms of raw divines.

@echo: that is a misunderstanding of how the market works in this game. It ABSOLUTELY works like a free market, all the situations you describe do NOT influence the market in any meaningful way.

There may be temporary concerted efforts by large powerful parties to change the market, but the market always, ALWAYS corrects for this. And it does it FAST.

So sure...maybe some tft corrupter "set" the price at some point, BUT then EVERYONE ELSE's ability and willingness to sell/buy/interact with that price determines its "correct-ness" (for want of a better word).

Everything people like to "think" has an effect on prices in this game: people gambling and losing, people "controlling" the price, bots, etc. do NOT have the effect that many think they do. It is impossible. This is why markets are SO valued in the real world: they correct themselves from nearly any situation you can think of, barring a catastrophic event.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

That is BECAUSE the market determines the price, tft or otherwise. In Affliction, divines were worth WAY LESS so everything "cost" more in terms of raw divines.

In affliction divine was like 225 chaos orbs IIRC. Now its 150c.
Yep, "worth way less"
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 22, 2024, 10:57:37 AM
"
Aynix wrote:

In affliction divine was like 225 chaos orbs IIRC. Now its 150c.
Yep, "worth way less"

Don't. Even. Try.

When currency devalues, it requires MORE OF THAT CURRENCY to have the same purchasing power. This is currency 101. Inflation for dummies.

Last league the CHAOS ORB was devalued: 225c for 1 divine, when now it is 150c. The chaos orb is MORE VALUABLE in the current league.

Last league the DIVINE ORB was devalued: something like 1000+ divines per mirror, now its 400ish. The divine is MORE VALUABLE in the current league. And by a pretty massive amount too.

This is seen in item prices as well, although you then need to factor in ITEM inflation as well (which we see to a HUGE degree in this league with HH and stuff).

Before making a comment like that....make sure you have even the SLIGHTEST understanding of what it is you are saying lol, otherwise its just foolish. This comment now colors everything else you've said and its kinda funny.

"Back in my day, everything cost a NICKEL!": THAT is inflation, or devaluing of currency. it costs MORE for less.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 22, 2024, 1:27:10 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

When currency devalues, it requires MORE OF THAT CURRENCY to have the same purchasing power. This is currency 101. Inflation for dummies.

No. You said DIVINE orb was worth less. Less what? Because it clearly is worth less chaos orbs NOW. And Divine and CHaos orbs are basic currency of this game. You measure chaos orbs in how many you need to buy divine and you measure divine in how many chaos orbs you can get. This is basics.

If I say "this year I can buy more bread for 10$" Does it mean $ is worth more this year or that the bread is worth less?

If anything chaos orb is worth more this league because of T17 that is huge chaos sink.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 22, 2024, 2:04:23 PM
"
Aynix wrote:

No. You said DIVINE orb was worth less. Less what? Because it clearly is worth less chaos orbs NOW. And Divine and CHaos orbs are basic currency of this game. You measure chaos orbs in how many you need to buy divine and you measure divine in how many chaos orbs you can get. This is basics.

If I say "this year I can buy more bread for 10$" Does it mean $ is worth more this year or that the bread is worth less?

If anything chaos orb is worth more this league because of T17 that is huge chaos sink.

Stop while you can man......you are so so so very wrong. Even without the jargon, even without the math, even without any of that, THINK FOR A SECOND. An item that drops far more often (such as HH this league) is ALWAYS worth less. It is the very definition of common vs. rare. Last league, people were dropping ridiculous amounts of divines, chaos, and all currencies thanks to the blue spirits. You don't even NEED to know anything about what I'm about to say (again) to understand this: you live it every single time you play the game, buy/sell an item, get a rare drop, etc.

I will only say this one more time: this is quite literally something you learn in middle school / high school day 1 inflation and currency lesson.

A currency's value is in its PURCHASING power: what can that item buy. You are always looking ABOVE the item to determine its value, not backward.

Chaos Orb: you are looking at how many chaos orbs it takes to buy a divine, the higher valued item. If it costs MORE chaos orbs to get a divine, then each individual chaos orb is worth LESS.

Divine Orb: you are looking at how many divines it takes to purchase the NEXT level of currency you can buy. Divines are valued against the mirror, NOT the chaos. If it takes MORE divines to purchase a mirror, each individual divine is worth LESS. When you are looking at "if I sell a divine, how many chaos can I get?" that is telling you the value of the CHAOS ORB, not the Divine. AND EVEN IF YOU DID compare it backward like that, you already know from the previous paragraph that chaos orbs have been devalued. So while your divine may be "worth" more chaos orbs last league, those same chaos orbs could NOT be used to buy the same amount of gear. Prices were ALL higher because the currency was less valuable. The only exceptions were the gear that ALSO played into the absurd affliction mf mechanic. This was DOUBLE inflation.

These are not "dollars" and "cents", There is no set amount of chaos per divine. They are two completely separate currencies. Think: dollars and euros.

The example with the bread: it is nearly ALWAYS the currency, NOT the product. Products, especially something like bread which is a NECESSARY product, have stable value. If an individual product does happen to lose value, then all you need to do is look at the next product, and the next, and the next. What is the TREND? Is everything costing more (inflation?) or is a unique item costing more/less (something to do with the item).

It can be BOTH scenarios. inflation AND item devaluing. But inflation is seen in currency exchange rates, from least valuable to most valuable. Item devaluation simply "fits" itself into that new purchasing power system.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 22, 2024, 2:27:09 PM
Consider the following two scenarios:

1) 150c -> 1 divine, 500d -> 1 mirror

2) 225c -> 1 d, 500d -> 1 mirror

3) 225c -> 1d, 1000d -> 1 mirror

First, you need to understand that the MARKET created these exchange rates, based on buying power and item values.

Second, consider 1 vs. 2. What does this translate to? In 1, chaos were worth MORE. Divines are not worth less because d to m is the same. Mirror value does not change (last time there was a mirror issue was first week of watch stones and harbingers).

Compare 2 vs 3: divines are worth less in 3.

Compare 1 vs 3: BOTH chaos and divines are worth less in 3. It is THIS scenario that was Affliction. It doesn't matter that each divine trades for more chaos.... The value is still much less.

***Ed: sorry I walked away from my computer and left this somewhat incomplete***

Now lets add items into the mix, lets say a Head Hunter. In 1 it was established by the market that headhunter was trading for 100d (or 1500c). Logically, all else staying the same, it would hold the SAME value in the next league 2, only NOW its worth 100d (same) BUT 2250c. De-valued Chaos Orb. NOT devalued divine.

Lets look at how that is playing out in our current league. We KNOW the currency ratios between Affliction and current league. We can then compare HH price (in divines) between the two leagues. Guess what we find? The HH is drastically lower in value (thanks to the league shenanigans) BUT the currencies, by ratio, are still worth MORE than previous league.

BOTH currency inflation AND itemization devaluing can and do happen simultaneously. Inflation is the metric shown via currency exchange rates. Itemization devaluing is shown by the item price, which is already naturally taking into account the "value" of the currency at the time.

But it is INFLATION that is the underlying current of ALL pricing in trade. If divines are less valuable (affliction), prices are higher: seen in the locus of corruption price being 6x what it is now. Presumably....the value of the locus HAS NOT CHANGED. There has not been any new mechanic introduced that offers double corruptions.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 22, 2024, 6:20:37 PM
I know I'm posting a lot, I'm sorry about that.

TL/DR: all that math and market stuff happens NATURALLY. It is completely impossible for any ONE actor in PoE to have any meaningful influence over that. The machine is so large and so fast that any attempts to "fix" or manipulate are like a drop of water in an ocean: it ripples a bit but ultimately fades right away into nothing. Every minute of gameplay, thousands of trades are happening. Tens of thousands. There has to be a TRUE niche item, or service being offered to have any real "control" over the natural course of the market. I'm talking like.....10 people working together have total control over one side of the equation. Locus of Corruption is definitely NOT it.

The math is done already. The market settled on the value, based on ALL data and factors. That's about it.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 22, 2024, 6:29:41 PM
The price of temples rises to the most profitable thing so if you're not double corrupting the most profitable thing you are gonna lose money.

Early league tainted fusing armor corrupters took a lot of the early league corruption profit away so now it's almost always worth just selling the temples at all times of league. Lots of people are YOLO corrupting jewels for Adorned which keeps temple prices higher than they would be as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info