Necropolis is the 2nd the worst retention League of all time: GGG can't understand their limits

I'm tired of the inflation the past 2 leagues tbh
I think the main issue is not balance, complexity, league mechanic - all of that was in good spot after the 1st patch since leaguestart, the balance changes afterwards weren't particularly bad neither.

I think the main problem is patch 3.23.2 which fcked up performance for many rigs, completely screwed up performance on mac client (becoming literally 10x worse fps wise, imagine that). It wasn't noticed as much initially since that patch was deployed only a couple weeks before Affliction ended - but even then there were multiple reports.

And it is not fixed as of today despite dozens of reports, no acknowledgement from the devs neither. At some point people just went on since the game is no longer playable
"
TizeNO wrote:
Absolute joke of a league. I would think of better league in 2 sec than this Necro crap.

Not to mention you have 10 full stash tabs full of coffins you don't wanna even interact with. So you can guess why they don't give league stash tab for coffins, guess why are they not stackable, guess why coffins take 2 place instead of 1, literally greed on another level. Up until now GGG was high in my eyes, but this league made me realize not even them are trustworthy.

any league mechanic that uses up stash tabs is a bad mechanic shows what kind of people they are :)
game=bad, ggg=finished
First league since I started playing PoE that I quit before 2-3 months.

It's just plain awful in almost every way
- alch n go without league mechanic felt so weak i didnt even want to keep playing at league start

- the added difficulty for maps because of a league mechanic you just don't want to do, made it horrible. maps were harder for no reason. and if you juiced them (again with no intention of doing league mechaninc), they were even hard for no reason, making your usual builds squishier in the process.

- the league just felt bad overall, a bad experience that was noticeable from the very first moment. i quit the second week.

- having bought the support packs for this league makes me feel awful with myself tbh.

but hey, streamers say its the greatest league of all time. at least that's what they were saying the first month. tbh i dont think they do you any favours in the long run.
"
nosoylito wrote:
but hey, streamers say its the greatest league of all time. at least that's what they were saying the first month. tbh i dont think they do you any favours in the long run.

I don't think they do. At least from what i saw and I admit I didn't see many they were saying by far most tedious league mechanic up to date and basically boring and annoying. At least I saw it say subtractem and zizaran was also not happy. I completely agree.

And I am saying that despite the fact that I got basically all of my pretty great equipment self crafted in graveyard. But process of that is really extremely unenjoyable. I do take advantages of league mechanics but I don't think that many people do. Too time consuming, too tedious and too complicated for most to learn, plan and perform any crafting which would give them good results. Also forced shuffling with lantern of arimor is not adding any good impression. I think that more people than not are disappointed with this league and I am not surprised. I am personally ok with it, but definitely not thrilled.
"
demi0n wrote:
"
TizeNO wrote:
Absolute joke of a league. I would think of better league in 2 sec than this Necro crap.

Not to mention you have 10 full stash tabs full of coffins you don't wanna even interact with. So you can guess why they don't give league stash tab for coffins, guess why are they not stackable, guess why coffins take 2 place instead of 1, literally greed on another level. Up until now GGG was high in my eyes, but this league made me realize not even them are trustworthy.

any league mechanic that uses up stash tabs is a bad mechanic shows what kind of people they are :)

There is no GGG , tencent have 100% 🫡
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
"
demi0n wrote:
"
TizeNO wrote:

There is no GGG , tencent have 100% 🫡

Damn I didn't even pay attention to this, you are right, Chris Wilson & others sold all their shares one month ago. Soon P2W.
Putting in my two cents.

-The core game with 3 atlas trees was a huge win. Love that feature and hope it stays.
-Scarabs aren't a bad idea, maybe they just need to be refined a bit. "area contains a blight encounter" types are not useful, ect.

-I don't like T17 maps (esp map mod that hit so hard compared to fighting just the monsters). It also creates an upper, upper class of farmers that can out-do the rest in such an extreme way which affects prices. It hasn't served well being a step to Uber bosses.
-The league mechanic for corpse item printing affects the economy too heavily and corpses take up too much inventory and the graveyard has too many graves.
-Not a fan of MF that is multiplied by other game mechanics to be boosted beyond the intention of what the developers had in mind.
-atlas passives for corpse boosting feel strange to spec into, using valuable points to go towards other league mechanics.

I will say I enjoyed the Affliction league when I first started (minus MFing low T7 maps to be more profitable than higher ones). Love the aesthetic and the creepy forest. Looking forward to what they have in store for the future since the last league was so fun for me.
Last edited by Faerl1 on May 7, 2024, 7:17:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info