Why was the divination card reward structure changed?

how do you think that removing the ability to get boss drops like nimis from div cards increases the supply? it actively reduces it because the only way to get it now is to farm uber eater, which has also become vastly more difficult to do. [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support] the entire point of locking drops to a specific boss is to require the ability to beat that boss to access those drops or to enable them to be target farmed, the first is entirely obviated by the game being balanced around trade, the second is of incredibly limited utilty when you are quite frankly more likely to drop a high value t0 than a boss chase item unless buying fragments and just bossing simply by playing the game (1 t17 per 4 or 5 maps, 20 t17s on average to get enough of the right shards, 1 in 50 of the uber should drop it, in otherwords expect to run about 5k maps to get a 2% uber drop from back of the npkin guesstimate, in those 5k maps if you put in any significant effort to juice the maps you should see multiple t0 items (roughly 2.5 in 10k of the appropriate type of item is a MB or HH most other t0s are a bit more common)). Does this explain why I consider a 2% uber boss drop rate to be appallingly low? [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Whai_GGG on Apr 22, 2024, 6:56:02 PM
I am removing myself from this argument with you.....I have explained that more than 5x now in this thread. You are enraged (as evident from all the removed sentences), but you have not comprehended a single thing I said. Keep chatting with your echo chamber.

Div card change was a much needed and welcome attempt to bring value BACK to the bosses. I have explained why numerous times.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Div card change was a much needed and welcome attempt to bring value BACK to the bosses. I have explained why numerous times.

Ask any bossers how valuable bossing is now comapred to past leagues.
Yeah, it TRULLY brough back the value.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Ask any bossers how valuable bossing is now comapred to past leagues.
Yeah, it TRULLY brough back the value.

They made TWO CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just one. Get that in your HEAD! This is exactly like your comments in the other thread......

Change 1) removal of boss cards from the pool ====> AWESOME for bossing
Change 2) moving loot to ONLY ubers / gating ubers behind t17 =====> TERRIBLE for bossing

NOTHING IS BINARY, god damn it. Use your freaking brains! This is what GGG does every single time they make a big change: attack it from MULTIPLE fronts. Some are good, some are bad.

This thread is about the DIV CARD CHANGE!!!! It is NOT about the uber loot change

I'll provide a very simple scenario (somewhat facetious, but this scenario did somewhat happen a few leagues ago):
1) GGG changed bows to now use 2H damage mods ====> AWESOME for bow builds
2) GGG, at the same time, removed extra arrows and slashed effective damage for bow skills =====> TERRIBLE for bow builds.

You can argue that #1 is great, while also acknowledging that #2 was terrible. But you can't lump the two together, they each have unique SEPARATE effects on the game.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 23, 2024, 8:51:47 AM
If their goal was to "restore value of bossing" why they added other change AT THE SAME TIME that completly destroys that argument?
its probably "f it, we are running out of time, change reward to stacked decks, we will think of better reward later"
"
Aynix wrote:
If their goal was to "restore value of bossing" why they added other change AT THE SAME TIME that completly destroys that argument?

uh.....because that is GGG's modus operandi since 2013. You can name any major change that GGG has EVER done in this game, and I'll give you at least 3 changes also from GGG that ran completely counter to it.

Flasks are too powerful? Lets nerf them in half! Oh......but lets also release orbs and a unique that make them more powerful than they were before.

Loot is getting out of hand? Lets slash all the multipliers. Oh.......but lets also release multiple league mechanics that completely negate that change.

Mana reservation is becoming a huge problem? Lets remove most sources of it and completely change the mechanic so that it has more "diminishing returns". Oh.......but lets also release a whole bunch of mods and items that increase reservation efficiency to almost comparable levels to what it was before.

and on and on and on.

*I'd also like to remind you that it was GGG who TOLD US that was the reason they changed the cards....I said this in my very first post here. There isn't even an argument to be had, and yet here we are 5 pages later......

Word for Word from Mark Roberts in the Necropolis Teasers: "While this change reduces the access to these cards, farming the bosses will feel more meaningful" https://youtu.be/lomrjxEKits?t=11

I spent WAY TOO MUCH time and effort trying to explain why to people who obstinately ignore the reasons AND the developers themselves.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 23, 2024, 5:22:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info