Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

t17 fault... ggg must remove t17 from game
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
JulianTesla wrote:
I can play a game like Cyberpunk in high quality, but I can't play a f**** ravaged blight because my pc explodes lol.
You don't deal with hundreds of entities at the same time in Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk doesn't have to calculate and update said hundreds of entities, particles, instances of incoming and outgoing damage - all while updating and exchanging absurd amounts of flexible data with a server. And that is extremely simplified.

Your point is?

And when it did, the performance plummeted. That's why they culled like 80% of NPCs strolling through Night City in one update
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
The worst thing about PoE's performance, isn't that the game runs bad on a lot of different hardware. I can understand that the amount of calculations, visuals and shit happening on the screen is close to unprecedented in the gaming scene. But the worst thing, is that PoE's performance is declining. It's getting worse, league after league.

Sure, some might say that we have no right to be critical if we're not running a 4090, as if PoE is the only game in the world requiring a 4090 to get a close-to-decent experience - even at 1440p. But that can't be the "bar" here.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
But the worst thing, is that PoE's performance is declining. It's getting worse, league after league.
I'd argue even that is highly subjective and varies between configurations.
"
Silverpelt wrote:
My clown-o-meter broke new records while reading some of the replies regarding what hardware is needed to run this game. Imagine telling people to get a better config like the one needed to run Cyberpunk 2077 with full raytracing to run PoE.

People not running dual NVIDIA RTX A6000 - how can they expect more than 12 fps?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Cyberpunk doesn't have to calculate and update said hundreds of entities, particles, instances of incoming and outgoing damage - all while updating and exchanging absurd amounts of flexible data with a server.

The damage calculation argument is misleading nonsense. It could fool the clueless and uninformed, but it's insignificant for those with a basic grasp of computing. Back in the days of early computing, running on a 90MHz CPUs, such arguments could maybe be arguable, however, suggesting that modern CPUs should struggle with basic calculations is absurd. It's a red herring that deflects from addressing optimization issues.

Cyberpunk is also a visually stunning game while Path of Exile is very simplistic in comparision. While Cyberpunk pushes hardware to its limits with noticeable results, the same hardware can make Path of Exile struggle with pixelated dynamic resolution, which should hint at underlying problems.

The whole thing gives Macromedia Flash vibes, where ported and cloned games had way higher hardware requirements compared to the original games.
"
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Cyberpunk doesn't have to calculate and update said hundreds of entities, particles, instances of incoming and outgoing damage - all while updating and exchanging absurd amounts of flexible data with a server.

The damage calculation argument is misleading nonsense. It could fool the clueless and uninformed, but it's insignificant for those with a basic grasp of computing. Back in the days of early computing, running on a 90MHz CPUs, such arguments could maybe be arguable, however, suggesting that modern CPUs should struggle with basic calculations is absurd. It's a red herring that deflects from addressing optimization issues.

Cyberpunk is also a visually stunning game while Path of Exile is very simplistic in comparision. While Cyberpunk pushes hardware to its limits with noticeable results, the same hardware can make Path of Exile struggle with pixelated dynamic resolution, which should hint at underlying problems.

The whole thing gives Macromedia Flash vibes, where ported and cloned games had way higher hardware requirements compared to the original games.
That's a lot of words to argue just for the sake of argueing. I'm glad you have such insights, perhaps you can apply for one of the open positions at GGG and teach them how it is done properly? /s
"
Ulsarek wrote:
That's a lot of words to argue just for the sake of argueing. I'm glad you have such insights, perhaps you can apply for one of the open positions at GGG and teach them how it is done properly? /s

Since you prefer shorter explanations, here's Ali-G summarizing the complexities of computing in the same manner.

https://youtu.be/xx5t5ps-bwc?feature=shared&t=48
Last edited by ShamelessWhiteknight on Apr 22, 2024, 5:08:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info