Unplayable Low FPS in game

Since the end of 3.23
My gaming experience in Path of Exile was so bad.
In hide out, its all fine
But when I entered map and started some actions, the fps dropped fiercely.
From 150s to sometimes single digit fps like 7, I have two videos for your reference.

I have tried lots of different things to fix the problems but nothing works

Lowering the graphic settings
(Turn on/off Dynamic Culling , Switching DX11, Vulkun, DX12)
Culling the sound
Swap MTX
Reinstall POE
Reinstall Windows 10
Update or install different versions of graphics card drivers
Enable or disable game mode in windows
Overclock or stop overclocking

My PC specs:
CPU : AMD 3700X
GPU : Asus Tuf RTX 3070 8GB
RAM : Corsair Vegeance Pro RGB 3600Hz CL18 DDR4 16GB
SSD : Corsair MP510 480GB

Settings can be found in the first video
Two videos are the same map

Video 1 Entering the Map
https://streamable.com/7lickn

Video 2 Blight Encounter
https://streamable.com/da3isa

Really hope something can solve my problems
For now, i can't really play the game at all.
Last edited by Calramius on Apr 8, 2024, 8:10:36 AM
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2024, 4:06:43 PM
same i don't have as powerful as computer as you but all i know is i have been able to run POE fine even in dense juiced maps for about the last 7-8 leagues

this one as soon as like more than 10 mobs get on screen my frames go to crap.
same here. ever since prepatch for tota league 3.22 i get CPU spikes to 100% regularly.
-> when entering a new zone
-> when another player enters my ho
-> when big slams or bossmechanics occur on screen as well as league mechanics that spawn lots of enemiey like altar spawn/beyond spawn
-> game crashes when too many things happen at once, e.g. intervention npcs spawn when something else is already happening
-> Game becomes unplayable in bossfight due to CPU overload @ every big mechanic
-> my internet connectivity is 10/10
-> only poe has this problem

im plerplexed why the CPU overloads.
i powered through the last leagues using my awesome guild to help me out but i cant do it anymore. the game is unplayable.

i tried:
- disable sound effects in config.ini -> helped a little, didnt fix
- using all 3 graphics renderers -> directx 11 is still the best performer, didnt fix
- updating all graphic and sound related drivers -> didnt fix
- reinstalling POE -> didnt fix
- disabling NVIDIA sound devices -> didnt fix(there were issues reported by other players regarding nvidia sound)
- tuning down all graphics to lowest possible -> didnt fix
- setting NVIDIA control to maximum performance -> didnt fix
pls help
- switching servers, didnt fix
- verifying game files game files, didnt fix

some system specs:
intel core i5-6600(skylake - s) CPU - 4 Cores
MSI Z170-A PRo Motherboard
32GB DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI Graphics card

some graphic options in game:
Windowed fullscreen (this is undebatable. the amount of websites/3rd party tools required to play are nuts and wont work in no windowmode)
1920x 1080 resolution
Vsync off
triple buffering on
foreground fps cap enabled @ 120fps
background fps cap enabled @ 10 fps
antialiasing: low
lighting: shadows
waterdetail: low
texture quality: medium
texture filtering : 16x
dynamic culling enabled
dynamic resolution enabled
multithreading enabled
channel count low
sound effects disabled
Jener glaubt etwas zu wissen, weiß aber nichts, ich weiß zwar auch nichts, glaube aber auch nichts zu wissen.-Sokrates-
They not doing anything about this.
I don't know why.

Having same issue - and nothing really healpful in terms of lowering in-game resolution/graphics quality (lightning effects etc).
I am having the same issues in blight. My frames drop so much the game is almost unplayable. I have lowered all the settings I can too. This is on their end.
It's not gonna matter, code everywhere is biting on mountains. Steam is worst that I can test rn.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Apr 8, 2024, 12:43:06 PM
same here didnt change PC and got the same issues. so bad, cant play endgame. Two leagues ago ben playing hard content with 50- 60 fps with rly juiced maps.
Same here. In my case, I use a Mac (m1 max).
Blight is the easiest to notice a problem, as FPS goes to 5-7 by just putting one or two towers.
Everyone is racking their brains trying to figure out why the game isn't playing on their end. You guys all know it's not our systems. The fact is, the majority of us have systems that far exceed the minimum requirements to run this game. The crashing and lag in this league(and many other leagues for that matter) is not just on a select few systems, or systems with low specs. It's with every iteration of game client. I installed and ran the game on 5 different machines, all with a variety of specs, and all within minimum requirements. I used the standalone installer, Epic, and Steam, all with the same results, with the exception the game was completely unplayable in the standalone and Steam clients. We had this same type of thing happen many many years ago when 2.0 hit. Everyone's system was to blame right? Their HDD was too slow, etc etc. So they replaced it with an SSD, and the problem didn't go away, and in fact, many of the problems introduced in 2.0 are STILL here! The focus needs to go back to consistency and performance, and not so much on glitz and glamour(MTX).

Functionality over Flamboyance!
Last edited by BlizMare on Apr 11, 2024, 12:42:53 AM
"
MadHatter1234 wrote:
I am having the same issues in blight. My frames drop so much the game is almost unplayable. I have lowered all the settings I can too. This is on their end.

FPS drops insanely in any juicy blight, harbinger, strongboxes, delirium etc.

ms are huge on GPU after their engine patch. I only have 1080 ti, and 5800x3d.

I`ll be getting 4080 super soon, and if THAT won`t make the difference - then i`ll be surprised.
Last edited by Isterzal on Apr 11, 2024, 3:59:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info