selling nerfs and backwards design as 'QoL'

im somewhat 'ok' with player power nerfs - making Aisling impossibly rare, flasks change for mageblood, betrayal changes in general, corruption changes and the divination card changes - these are ALL nerfs, not even in disguise (just remove Enkindling aka Mageblood Orbs, they have no use other than for MB).

but removing actual gameplay feature, repackaging it into some bs and calling that 'QoL IMPROVEMENT' is bit too dense, even for 2024

we once had an era when basic QoL like this was not available (flasks) - is the best course of action for POE to return to mass soft-cheating? really? it took 3 years to forget how it will end and why?

Corrupting Cry/General's Cry: with this 'QoL Improvement' a) got 1 link less, worse uptime, damage nerf b) num-lock trick every map (until removed or banned) c) 3rd party tool d) manual click a button every 2 seconds

it is such a daft move I cannot imagine it being anything else than heavy handed alpha testing of POE2 feature

back to helldivers i guess. where Bile Titans is what kill you, not UI deficiencies

Last bumped on Mar 19, 2024, 5:00:31 PM
the interesting thing is GGG didnt outright say everything are QoL improvement teasers.

tho i find it quite distasteful that outright nerfs are being touted as something players would be keen to hear about via putting them in teasers.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
the interesting thing is GGG didnt outright say everything are QoL improvement teasers.
I was initially going to say the same thing, but then I went and double-checked, and the title of the video is "Necropolis Quality of Life: Automation & Call to Arms Skill Gems".
I've been wondering what would actually make me quit PoE. I've threatened it so many times before, but I haven't had the guts. This and not being able to block Betrayal via master missions might actually be it.

Anyways, see you guys next league.
I agree, if GGG wants to nerf things, they can, it's their game after all. But to lie and misrepresent nerfs as buffs is not acceptable.
"
I've been wondering what would actually make me quit PoE. I've threatened it so many times before, but I haven't had the guts. This and not being able to block Betrayal via master missions might actually be it.

Anyways, see you guys next league.

Tbh. This is genuinely a quit moment mainly because it affects the actual feel of the game instead of it just being a specific piece of content that doesn't work right or sucks.

I haven't touched Last Epoch because they literally just did this same thing with the 1.0 launch. Game feels horrible to play now
"
"
exsea wrote:
I was initially going to say the same thing, but then I went and double-checked, and the title of the video is "Necropolis Quality of Life: Automation & Call to Arms Skill Gems".

dayum... quality for who actually...

i d say 99/100 players are unhappy with it.
[Removed by Support]
flask change for mageblood? @OP

quality does nothing for mageblood flasks

"QoL" automation gem ... as if left mouse wasnt autocast in most cases
Last edited by ciel289 on Mar 19, 2024, 1:06:21 PM
"
exsea wrote:

They literally say in the video..."this is QoL for players who use a game controller"
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

They literally say in the video..."this is QoL for players who use a game controller"

I probably stick with the CWDT setup lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info