[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

I'm trying to roll something close to what Ben_ did, but am feeling like my damage and survivability is very lackluster right now. An obvious thing that I can see for defense is to try to up my max health, but I'm having issues finding out ways to do that. I have 90 all res and 40 chaos res / 100% spell suppress. It's also taking way too long to kill bosses.

Am I missing something obvious here? Do I just need a few more levels? Any advice would be much appreciated to up my damage and defense.

(I know these are noob questions coming from someone that luckboxxed their way into a Mageblod)

https://pobb.in/QVNxZ4JSwAcm
Any Advice on upgrades to improve Tankiness?? Everything dies, but everything kills :(

https://pobb.in/QWEYTvRVyaGb
Could you tell me how important it is to get that 30% CDR from trickster for this build?
I'm currently running the impale version of this build and it's been pretty good but I've swapped over to assassin because I obtained the forbidden jewels for it.
Also are forbidden jewels even worth using if you are aiming for an adorned setup or should I have just stayed as sabo (also what would be the better ascendancy between trickster and assassin).

https://pobb.in/Fe_l2ZuHz4_o
"
tRRiLLL wrote:
First off this post is amazing. SO much detail for everything...

Yet I am still lost or missing something. I know I am missing a few levels and gear is not perfect yet, but figured it would be close enough to get more damage than I am currently. Was trying to chase down the 33mill expensive as hell build, but am currently only getting about 500k DPS, which seems way off the mark.

Have only used the build a bit as have been gearing and playing with POB for what seems like too long now, so figured I would drop a line and ask for some help if possible.

Also I would assume the tanky 70mill 7k life build from last league is not really attainable since the charms were doing so much for capping ele res?

I have plenty of currency to play with , but build feels bad damage wise vs my DD necro.

Current POB below. (working on leveling and rolling implicits still)

https://pobb.in/nW-awk9ke3C1

UPDATE

After tinkering and spending more currency of course. I was able to get a much more functional build going. Still a little low on life and mana, as well as the single target DPS doesn't feel great, but will get there while trying to min/max some stats. Using an amethyst flask to boost chaos res, not sure if its necessary.

https://pobb.in/beiw3cdig5LA

Something is really wrong with the PoB!

1) You're using Adorned. It only affects MAGIC corrupted jewels. You're running three rares instead. This means you're not getting each jewel doubled. As of now, I wouldn't even suggest mana % + crit mult, do life + crit mult.

2) Uhhhhh.. Are you reserving mana instead of life by having auras in your weapon instead of Prism Guardian? That's what the PoB shows. This would mean you're getting about 30% or less of the benefit of Archmage, which needs you to have a lot of unreserved mana + arcane cloak.

3) Even if you fixed 2), your level 2 enlighten means you will reserve > 50% of your HP. You need an Enlighten 4, otherwise you have to forgo a 50% aura like Zealotry and run something like Vitality / War Banner / what have you instead. So yes. Unreserved mana, and at LEAST 50% (and I mean down to the last 0.5 HP) Life UNreserved.

4) What's with the flasks?

5) There's no life roll on the boots.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
TiltedSpade wrote:
I'm trying to roll something close to what Ben_ did, but am feeling like my damage and survivability is very lackluster right now. An obvious thing that I can see for defense is to try to up my max health, but I'm having issues finding out ways to do that. I have 90 all res and 40 chaos res / 100% spell suppress. It's also taking way too long to kill bosses.

Am I missing something obvious here? Do I just need a few more levels? Any advice would be much appreciated to up my damage and defense.

(I know these are noob questions coming from someone that luckboxxed their way into a Mageblod)

Ben's build only passes a baseline DPS level because he has REALLY good gear to back it up. For example:

21/20 BBoU - you're at Level 19 BBoU.

+2 wand - you're using a +1.

+2 amulet, you're using a +1.

Empower 4, you're using empower 3.

+2 lightning coil - you're at +0.

You're running 7 levels BBoU behind him and I do believe that's less than HALF the damage possible - just on levels. (I checked, level 19 is about 49% the damage of a level 26, yep, haha.)

Then factor the fact that it's a 103% adorned (not 130-146), and some of them don't have mult yet. And then - you're not crit capped! I think you would be pulling about a quarter of the DPS Ben does on his conservative damage build.

First things first - get that 21/20 BBoU, real cheap and massive upgrade, then find ways to cap crit.

Reminder that even with Ben's build damage will feel solid but nothing amazing. For reference, the PC stacking builds finished Uber Eater in like 25-35 seconds, Ben took ~1m06. Of course, the PC stacking builds took 2 portals to do it though :P

Keep chugging, but go for those easy fixes first! (+2 gem levels, +2 lightning coil, cap crit).

Keep levelling too, prio life nodes.
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 11, 2024, 6:15:48 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
"
TiltedSpade wrote:

Ben's build only passes a baseline DPS level because he has REALLY good gear to back it up. For example:

21/20 BBoU - you're at Level 19 BBoU.

+2 wand - you're using a +1.

+2 amulet, you're using a +1.

Empower 4, you're using empower 3.

+2 lightning coil - you're at +0.

You're running 7 levels BBoU behind him and I do believe that's less than HALF the damage possible - just on levels. (I checked, level 19 is about 49% the damage of a level 26, yep, haha.)

Then factor the fact that it's a 103% adorned (not 130-146), and some of them don't have mult yet. And then - you're not crit capped! I think you would be pulling about a quarter of the DPS Ben does on his conservative damage build.

First things first - get that 21/20 BBoU, real cheap and massive upgrade, then find ways to cap crit.

Reminder that even with Ben's build damage will feel solid but nothing amazing. For reference, the PC stacking builds finished Uber Eater in like 25-35 seconds, Ben took ~1m06. Of course, the PC stacking builds took 2 portals to do it though :P

Keep chugging, but go for those easy fixes first! (+2 gem levels, +2 lightning coil, cap crit).

Keep levelling too, prio life nodes.

Thank for you for your time and quality feedback.
"
preasdey wrote:
Could you tell me how important it is to get that 30% CDR from trickster for this build?
I'm currently running the impale version of this build and it's been pretty good but I've swapped over to assassin because I obtained the forbidden jewels for it.
Also are forbidden jewels even worth using if you are aiming for an adorned setup or should I have just stayed as sabo (also what would be the better ascendancy between trickster and assassin).

https://pobb.in/Fe_l2ZuHz4_o

Hmmm. If you have the budget and know-how to fit Empower + Enhance on the build, you can indeed drop the 30% CDR node.

But if you're running Brand Recall naked, that 30% CDR is actually what's keeping it feeling smooth. Brand Recall CD is basically the "reload speed" or "attack speed" of this build. Saboteur 30% CDR is a GREAT crutch for budget players who can't do Empower 4 Enhance 4. Once you have the currency, fit at least one or both of those in, and then go Assassin --

But only if you're PC stacking. PC stacking worked with Assassin so well because Badge of the Brotherhood made Frostblink like, perma ready, it also scaled Elusive to the point where it was almost impossible to control the character (at peak I was pushing 4-5 screens of dead mobs in one BBoU.)

Assassin was also PREMIUM last league because of Mistwalker's pseudo crit immunity. This league, it's a little less pronounced, but high/guranteed crit is still there on the unskippable Necro mods. If you put all the crit mods on the lowest on the Necro menu (meaning fewest packs with those mods), you can sort of get away with it, I guess (do note even Ben did this on his immortal chracter.)

But yeah, tl;dr if you aren't Sabo, you have to invest in Brand Recall Empower / Enhance for the build to feel great mapping.
"
TiltedSpade wrote:

Thank for you for your time and quality feedback.

All good! I was wondering how it plays on console? I would think the minimum of heavy graphics and no real need to "aim" would make it pretty serviceable, but it does have a few moving parts that are tricky to assemble even in a full trade economy.

By the way this is by no means a "cheap" fix but a straight up ~15% damage boost is a Watcher's Eye with 2 additional hits. Ben didn't use this at any point so it probably flew under the radar.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/xbox/Necropolis/l3J7EnCV|

15 div on Xbox, oh boy! ><
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 11, 2024, 7:40:32 AM
For the full PC setup I got going is a +1 power charge helm better than a heatshiver at this point ?
"
Bijuboi wrote:
For the full PC setup I got going is a +1 power charge helm better than a heatshiver at this point ?

Heatshiver is unbeatable at inflating PoBs, and +1 Corrupted heatshivers are a thing!

Sensible players, however, use a +1 PC helm with life, phys taken as, maybe some resist shred, and chaos res perhaps.

I am not a sensible player ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info