[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
primaeva wrote:
But how's your core performance with the build? Right now some reports are that people have only hit T16 with it and guardians are over 30s rn. Some people couldn't make it out of campaign (egad) and most seem to settle at early reds on day 1 gear.

Taking a census so I can plug some gaps and release a day 2/3 PoB!

so far so good still, but im only close to lvl 80 and still in yellows transitioning the skilltree.
Map bosses are no trouble, especially with how incredibly spammable automation makes BB. Some rares take a bit more time, but thats the league mechanic making everything a tad harder.
Kalisa's was a good shout, although i plan to sticking with EO for a while until im in the 90+s and have progressed out of my early gear. I lucked out sniping a wand for 5c thatll last me for a while.

Powerwise it feels a bit lower than my sabo from last league when i leveled it, but we're on day2, so no surprises there either.
So for a player with some experience (2k hours) who never played the BBoU, would you recommend to play the normal/impale version or also try the archmage version of this build?
Heyo, having a blast with your build. Doing it in a Private league with a smaller economy so got lucky on some pieces of gear. I'm wondering if I am missing something obvious or if I'm just gonna keep progressing and leveling up the build and separate pieces of gear as im only 86 atm.

https://pobb.in/VSX5rUsuPpam

I like inc aoe for clear and i know my chest is dogshit but i dropped it accidentally and because of the SSF enviroment i didnt have a chance to craft it properly.

Read the thing about faster casting > spell echo so will try that, casting brands was my main issue with the build so fingers crossed. Again love the build and having so much fun
Hi everyone. Here's the band-aid PoB after conducting enough tests and figuring out what was holding the build back.

It was primarily just the fact that 50% shock was just not being applied - likewise with EO being up.

I've realised EO is really a mistake since BBoU doesn't really hit often enough to keep it up reliably. Crit is only rolled once for all 11 pulses.

Therefore we are going to eat it and run an Increased Critical Strikes gem, roll Brittle on Boots and run Kalisa's Grace (thanks Skysniper! I had forgotten all about those) to get an on demand 2% crit buff. Diamond Flask as well.

I am still using a 5L here because it's just Day 2, but the more advanced among you can use Incr Crit Damage in the 6th link and the build ABSOLUTELY finally comes online.

https://pobb.in/Nx9YRB10zZLX

- Drop Elemental Overload, MOST IMPORTANT.
- 1c Upgrade - Singularity (10% more damage)
- 20c Upgrade - Crown of the Inward Eye (~20% more damage than a Mindspiral)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MANA COST 1 <= COST <= 80 and level 18+ INSPIRATION! 0 mana and you don't actually generate Inspiration Charges, > 80 and you'll keep resetting your stacks way too often. 50-ish is ideal.

Sorry! Lightning is one of the most binary ailments so if you aren't reliable shocking, it can feel REALLY bad.

💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Zevz2990 wrote:
Heyo, having a blast with your build. Doing it in a Private league with a smaller economy so got lucky on some pieces of gear. I'm wondering if I am missing something obvious or if I'm just gonna keep progressing and leveling up the build and separate pieces of gear as im only 86 atm.

https://pobb.in/VSX5rUsuPpam

I like inc aoe for clear and i know my chest is dogshit but i dropped it accidentally and because of the SSF enviroment i didnt have a chance to craft it properly.

Read the thing about faster casting > spell echo so will try that, casting brands was my main issue with the build so fingers crossed. Again love the build and having so much fun

haha great! The good news is I figured out a lot of the weaknesses.

Holy crap that is INSANE gear for SSF! I'm in trade and I don't even come close to that haha (Granted, I wanted to keep the Day 1/2 PoBs at like 20-40c value).

I think the main thing you need in your build is:

1) A way to apply Conductivity (this will be massive! Unless you're doing Group Play and can't apply that curse.) It's worth doing Delve until a Conductivity ring drops too.

2) It seems you can drop the Dex and Str notable! This actually allows you to save like 3 points by pathing to the left side right out from Arcanist's Dominion all the way to Runebinder and connecting to the brands by above Cruel Preparation.

1000000% get Coordination. And Precision if possible. Attack and cast speed make the build much more enjoyable.

Further reducing mana costs (finish Righteous decree wheel, use a Singularity, etc) will help a LOT with keeping Inspiration up and not resetting - right now it looks like you can't even reach 5 inspiration stacks, it goes 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4, which is much lower damage than 1-2-3-4-5-5-5-5-5-5, if you can imagine.

Glad you're having fun! It's a build that only gets better :D
"
"
primaeva wrote:
But how's your core performance with the build? Right now some reports are that people have only hit T16 with it and guardians are over 30s rn. Some people couldn't make it out of campaign (egad) and most seem to settle at early reds on day 1 gear.

Taking a census so I can plug some gaps and release a day 2/3 PoB!

so far so good still, but im only close to lvl 80 and still in yellows transitioning the skilltree.
Map bosses are no trouble, especially with how incredibly spammable automation makes BB. Some rares take a bit more time, but thats the league mechanic making everything a tad harder.
Kalisa's was a good shout, although i plan to sticking with EO for a while until im in the 90+s and have progressed out of my early gear. I lucked out sniping a wand for 5c thatll last me for a while.

Powerwise it feels a bit lower than my sabo from last league when i leveled it, but we're on day2, so no surprises there either.

That's INSANE for 5c hahaa grats!! Yeah. Last year's Impale version was so strong out of the box. Archmage has such a different scaling. Check the latest PoB - I'm advocating we just got crit out the bat even with little Crit Mult... just to make sure we shock often enough! (It's that or the shock nodes leading up to Breath of Lightning).
Is there any way that we can fit Call of the brotherhood into the build so we can shock as well as freeze to make use of explosives expert and also do freeze?
"
XJJooeeX wrote:
So for a player with some experience (2k hours) who never played the BBoU, would you recommend to play the normal/impale version or also try the archmage version of this build?

Hey! The normal version is proven to be extremely powerful, slightly squishy, but it does cost sky-high right now because it's like 85% uniques that everyone is clamouring for.

Archmage is having some teething issues as I'm keeping it low-budget (and honestly I've gotten like half a day of playtime). It needs about at minimum 50c investment to do late red maps comfortably.

I think if you have deep pockets, go the tried and tested cold version.

If you only have 50c to shake at the build right now, start rolling shopping for the Archmage items. Make sure to see the latest post above for an idea of what we need.
Hi all. Firstly thanks for the build. I've waited until lvl 75 and switched over to BB. Made a rookie mistake and forgot to level up my BB gems whilst I was leveling lol. So I'm just doing that now. Just a little bit confused as to the mechanics. It says to put brand recall on left click. Obviously we can't do that now so I'm guessing we use automation now or self cast? I'm pretty sure I'm not BB'ing correctly either as I have to press BB as I'm running through the map a lot for it to expand but maybe thats because gem levels are low and it doesn't last very long so I have to stop a lot and recast which is fatal lol. Also wondering if someone could share their button setup as well. It would be super helpful. Thank you. I know my gear is terrible and I'm working on that today. I hope all the above makes sense! :)
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
Hi all. Firstly thanks for the build. I've waited until lvl 75 and switched over to BB. Made a rookie mistake and forgot to level up my BB gems whilst I was leveling lol. So I'm just doing that now. Just a little bit confused as to the mechanics. It says to put brand recall on left click. Obviously we can't do that now so I'm guessing we use automation now or self cast? I'm pretty sure I'm not BB'ing correctly either as I have to press BB as I'm running through the map a lot for it to expand but maybe thats because gem levels are low and it doesn't last very long so I have to stop a lot and recast which is fatal lol. Also wondering if someone could share their button setup as well. It would be super helpful. Thank you. I know my gear is terrible and I'm working on that today. I hope all the above makes sense! :)

Link brand recall with automation support, that'll take care of it. You'll also only need to have three brands up that way. Instant skills no longer work on left click in general.

You can shield charge to skip the cast animation and spread the aoe over more area. Helps hitting more enemies, as well as speeding up your mapping in general.

The aoe size depends on the amount of blades you have. Make sure you're consistently getting 10 blades, that gives you max aoe, and this shouldn't be level dependant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info