3.24 Torstein's GodSlayer - Molten Strike - Melee Unhinged

How do you scale AoE of this build? Is it only through faster attack speed? to me it seems that single target is fine but few monsters get hit.
"
jonapaloma wrote:
How do you scale AoE of this build? Is it only through faster attack speed? to me it seems that single target is fine but few monsters get hit.

map clear isnt the best but there a worse setups: you've got additional strike, returning projectiles and herald of ice explosions

random t17 showcase
What mods can this build not run out of curiosity? I followed the original without DoD, Bloodnotch, Prog, Cloak of flames or anything, and I believe my profile is public for feedback.

Would like to know so I can setup a regex too.

Edit: I'd also like to know whats going on with the pob tree? the level 96 tree is somehow allocating everything on top of getting 2 clusters? If I run the same tree and spec 7/8 on both clusters that needs level 101 with bandits killed. If I dont take 1 of the jewel sockets on the cluster I can reduce that to 6/8 but thats still level 100? Technically the cluster is better value than the one near the start (2 points for a jewel socket) in that case, but that's still level 99 then. Where is it saving 3 points.

Edit 2: Just realized I'd need to be level 100 as well to actually use all 8 jewels without cutting any other masteries that seem core to the build, maybe 2 nodes of life until that point and 4 in total to get the build started at 96?
Last edited by BukiGeijutsu on May 22, 2024, 5:13:10 PM
Leveling was fine but I got discouraged when I got to maps as I felt it was so slow and I didnt know how to progress. It is a common theme for me in this game :(
"
BukiGeijutsu wrote:
What mods can this build not run out of curiosity? I followed the original without DoD, Bloodnotch, Prog, Cloak of flames or anything, and I believe my profile is public for feedback.

Edit: I'd also like to know whats going on with the pob tree? the level 96 tree is somehow allocating everything on top of getting 2 clusters? If I run the same tree and spec 7/8 on both clusters that needs level 101 with bandits killed. If I dont take 1 of the jewel sockets on the cluster I can reduce that to 6/8 but thats still level 100? Technically the cluster is better value than the one near the start (2 points for a jewel socket) in that case, but that's still level 99 then. Where is it saving 3 points.

mods you dont want to run:
- ele reflect (lvl 5 woke ele has ele reflect immunity but whirling blades still kills you)

mods you want to to avoid if your gear isnt great or you want to level safely:
- minus max res
- cannot leech

t17 mods... yeah depends on your atlas strategy and your gear progression but here are some mods i always avoid:
Players and their Minions deal no damage for 4 out of every 10 seconds,
- Area contains Runes of the Searing Exarch
- Monsters cannot be Leeched from
- Area has patches of Awakeners' Desolation
- Players have -20% to all maximum Resistances
- Monster Damage Penetrates 15% Elemental Resistances
- Monsters Poison on Hit
Monsters have 100% increased Poison Duration
All Damage from Monsters' Hits can Poison

can you link the pob you are using?
i just tried to replicate your problem but those that i found were fine
"
jonapaloma wrote:
Leveling was fine but I got discouraged when I got to maps as I felt it was so slow and I didnt know how to progress. It is a common theme for me in this game :(

i dont know if it helps but two weeks ago i made some progression pob-snapshots on a fresh account, were you can see which items i gradually upgraded:

lvl 72 - early white maps
https://pobb.in/j35CAsyiQZe8

lvl 90 - early red maps
https://pobb.in/4RsYuBd9GyfF

lvl 92 - two watchstones
https://pobb.in/zqQ5_PvjdBSg

lvl 95 - all atlas points + first t17
https://pobb.in/ZHN_Uzh0tDSW

lvl 100 - final gear
https://pobb.in/m3atc--LA9NT
"
__FEL__ wrote:
"
BukiGeijutsu wrote:

mods you dont want to run:
- ele reflect (lvl 5 woke ele has ele reflect immunity but whirling blades still kills you)

mods you want to to avoid if your gear isnt great or you want to level safely:
- minus max res
- cannot leech

t17 mods... yeah depends on your atlas strategy and your gear progression but here are some mods i always avoid:
Players and their Minions deal no damage for 4 out of every 10 seconds,
- Area contains Runes of the Searing Exarch
- Monsters cannot be Leeched from
- Area has patches of Awakeners' Desolation
- Players have -20% to all maximum Resistances
- Monster Damage Penetrates 15% Elemental Resistances
- Monsters Poison on Hit
Monsters have 100% increased Poison Duration
All Damage from Monsters' Hits can Poison

can you link the pob you are using?
i just tried to replicate your problem but those that i found were fine

https://pobb.in/0XcaNW3GltsZ

I'm using the one that's shown in the page 1 of the post If you scroll down and select 2nd default and 3rd default, they're not even correct either times if you count the actual points used by then (with the clusters shown).

Also I was able to run no leech just fine so I started running my t16 no leech 8 mod maps but -max res I'm not sure how you would get around it even if your build IS good.

It drops me to 55% res cause I have a full explicit atlas (-20%, +5% back with flasks). But if my flasks ever drop off at times then its 50% which is extremely dangerous cause I start getting staggered.

How would you ever get to a point where you could run -max comfortably? My Deadeye actually runs those better because I just offscreen anyways but this char cant offscreen so I run into ginormous packs (80~100% packsize) and get destroyed. And the amulet loses effectiveness cause chaos max goes down to 50% too. Easiest thing is just to avoid it but curious for the future. And if Whirling blade doesn't 1 shot us in ele reflect maps I think I can make it work.
Last edited by BukiGeijutsu on May 22, 2024, 10:01:28 PM
the third default is the right one and seems completely fine, the other defaults are older patch versions like 3.23 and 3.22.

i just run -max res map with a full explicit atlas and had no issues at all:

but i m also running a full phys convert + defiance of destiny + progenesis setup.
also there is no instance were flasks arent up during map clear, since the main defense of this build is engaging in combat, as soon as you stand still/are not attacking you are vulnareble.

in the end ele reflect is really the only mod i cant run, whirling blades does too much dmg and even if you ignore that, there are instances where you run out of mana for a split second and do an autoattack which also kills you.
Yeah it's no question that DoD and Progenesis shenanigans are op. I just didn't want to roll that kind of build because if I did I would've just gone OS + Fulcrum chieftan for full afk clear. I needed a bosser that could also do some things outside of bossing cause my Deadeye can already run full t16s and even some t17s (just cant boss). Ended up going with the original build listed. Don't really care for the cloak/dod/prog or lightning coil shenanigans for t17.

Good to note its not great for -max outside of that though (like constantly getting life potted each hit). I dont' die in 1 shot during -max either, it just outperforms life-gain on hit (I was doing no leech maps too) when I get staggered/stunned.

I play on a bad pc so back in the day I used to roll MS Jugg for max survival but the damage on the bosser wasnt great when I did. I upgraded my pc a bit since but the game's also gotten more intensive since (didnt use to be able to juice full explicit 100psize maps), so whenever a pack spawns my screen is full and constantly lags. I'm not stopping on purpose, but I do end up freezing every now and then (was doing breach/beyond/abyss xp strat) and just dying from that with ranged mobs and a thousand projectiles before I could get up to the pack.
Last edited by BukiGeijutsu on May 23, 2024, 11:41:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info