I want to like Blight, I really do...

...but for the love of Innocence GGG, you're making it impossible.

The horrid UI, portals opening less than a screen away from the pump, 3-4 lanes straight away with not enough resources to build even a level 1 tower on each of them... not to mention of course that the amount of monsters completely tanks framerate.

It's honestly baffling what a poor implementation of a tower defense concept this is on all fronts.
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2024, 3:30:53 PM
you can move the portal where ever you want.

i only play blight and dont agree on your other arguments.

build issue i guess

t1 cold towers and t1 stun tower is enough to hold 2 lanes at the start.

if you dont have the dps to hold off half of the screen and then capture the bosses, you are better off doing something else then.

also you need to know when mapmods+ makes them impossible

even without map mods there are still freeze/stun/slow immune monsters

clear/capture those or loose
also map layouts are the king here.

my atlas only drops 3 maps.. lookout(14), malformation(15) and museoum(16)

so why 14-16?

i'm pretty sure that having 16 atlas ates some of the blighted map drops.. like 90% sure
I think they mean the portals where the monsters come from. This can happen in tight spots. But it is usually to your advantage. When they come from all sides spread out it is more difficult than one portal opening up really close. At least from my own experience.

When i played blight without to much investment in my build back in the day, it was you win some you lose some. Make your peace with it, or upgrade your build i guess. Some maps can be won with just towers, but that doesn't work all the time. For blight in maps find your prefered map layout. My prefered layout used to be laboratory.

Don't go all in on scout towers, they kind of suck when it comes to tough monsters. Fireball with the lava ground ring enchant was way better from what i remember. But mainly slow/stun is king.

If you mainly want to farm gold oils you can do that in t13 maps, that is where they start to drop, afaik. It doesn't have to be t 16 if that is a little to tough for now.

And yes you need a good machine for it nowadays. That is why i don't play blight maps anymore on my toaster, sadge.
Last edited by Strickl3r on Nov 15, 2023, 1:21:29 AM
Yeah, see, telling me to get a better build is not a solution to the problem, it's conceding defeat against the problem.

I have no trouble clearing T16 maps or doing any other league mechanics. Blight is the only thing I consistently fail at, that's how I know that Blight is the problem.

To say that I should solve this by making my build better is admitting that the tower defense mechanics are not effective. If my build is good enough to handle all other content, then my build plus Blight's mechanics ought to be good enough to handle Blight.

Besides all that, a better build won't get rid of the giant useless UI elements permanently clogging up the screen. Having those only show before monsters start spawning, or when you press Alt, would be a super easy change that would massively improve the experience.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Yeah, see, telling me to get a better build is not a solution to the problem, it's conceding defeat against the problem.

No, it's just that. Improving your build is the fundamental basis of this game. If your build is lacking, improve it.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
I have no trouble clearing T16 maps or doing any other league mechanics. Blight is the only thing I consistently fail at, that's how I know that Blight is the problem.

You can clear T16s with day 2 builds on a fresh league start. If we eliminate the possibility that you may make msitakes in placing / upgrading the wrong towers then it's your build.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
To say that I should solve this by making my build better is admitting that the tower defense mechanics are not effective. If my build is good enough to handle all other content, then my build plus Blight's mechanics ought to be good enough to handle Blight.

You can craft 3x Amber on a Blighted map and reduce tower building cost by 60%. You can run Blighted Maps on an aura bot that deals 0 damage itself if you do that. There's nothing wrong with admitting to yourself that you could improve your build, or that you may be lacking knowledge / experience. There's plenty of video guides on Youtube that you can watch and improve your experience vastly.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
Besides all that, a better build won't get rid of the giant useless UI elements permanently clogging up the screen. Having those only show before monsters start spawning, or when you press Alt, would be a super easy change that would massively improve the experience.

Only valid point here. A toggle to hide tower UI would be somewhat of an improvement
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Blight is one of the few content pieces that is quite build-agnostic and you can farm even high-end (Ravaged) encounters with a barebones build.

You need 2 ring anointments:
-Cold towers freeze for 0,2 seconds
-Meteor towers create burning ground

This synergizes with eachother as mobs will be locked in place and taking damage from that burning ground they can't leave.

There are many videos explaining how to build towers and farm ravaged maps with crap builds.
Unfortunately that burning ground got stealthy nerfed to the ground. Forgot the exact patch number, but for someone who played blight a lot the difference was very noticeable, dot could barely damage normal monsters. Now you'd need other sources of dps, otherwise mobs will overwhelm chilling towers with numbers, and stunning towers tanked performance heavily even before global performance went down at 3.22.

Imo only dps towers still working are meteors and arc, everything else is either weak or misses enemies. As for rings, go for 2x "50% chance for tower double damage in range of empowering towers", so you can adjust configuration on the fly without drawbacks.
Ok, perfect example right here.

This was the entire encounter in a map. 2 portals, both of them less than a screen away from the pump. A grand total of 2 tower points, one of them is behind one of the portals. No new portals or tower points spawned during the entire encounter.

I regret to inform you that this is not a tower defense minigame. This is a fucked up Breach.
Empower towers to lvl 3 with increased range and effect annoints on rings and you can basicly run the map without gear. Spam lvl 3 empower freeze and stun towers for defence and use whatever you want for damage.

If you get ulucky with tower placement, just use either stun or if they are immune freeze tower and hope your build can at least deal with 1 lane.
[Removed by Support]

It's really not ok to be a certain something anymore it seems.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Dec 3, 2023, 6:32:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info