time for 20% death penalty

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
if you want 20% - after your char gets killed, just die another time. voila, -20% and you didnt even need to download a patch. restartless hotfix, just for you

Good one, but that will not fix glass cannons, so it would have to be global

A good way of fixing glass cannons is not playing one and caring less about what other people play but hey, that’s just me.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Well, times change, I think 20% is a good change to have more fun and less glass cannons.

why the hate towards glasscanons? why is it for you to decide whether i am gonna play a glasscanon or not? if i have fun with glasscanons im going to play one
if i want to spend 1k hours per league to lvl up to 100 savely i'd play a tanky build
lol

"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
if i have fun with glasscanons im going to play one
if i want to spend 1k hours per league to lvl up to 100 savely i'd play a tanky build
lol

Thats the point, but I don't think we can prolong leveling to 100 to 1k hours. Prolonging it to 300h would be something.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
lol

Thats the point, but I don't think we can prolong leveling to 100 to 1k hours. Prolonging it to 300h would be something.

Play a slower build then. It's literally your choice to make. If you pick a fast clearing meta build you are in no position to complain about fast progress. Ignite Cleave chieftain should be slow and fun.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Oct 10, 2023, 10:12:21 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
lol

Play a slower build then. It's literally your choice to make. If you pick a fast clearing meta build you are in no position to complain about fast progress. Ignite Cleave chieftain should be slow and fun.

Yeah, game encourage glasscannons, would be nice if it would put some pressure on having defences too, thats why telling people to play cleave builds is not a solution, I find -20% a lot better.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Still your choice though, don't blame the game for your own choices.
No worries, I hope the game will improve with -20% exp on death.

"
Yeah, game encourage glasscannons, would be nice if it would put some pressure on having defences too, thats why telling people to play cleave builds is not a solution, I find -20% a lot better.

why not just change the game to an arpg rather than a vampire survivor game
where you kill thousands of enemies
the game is not rewarding enough for builds that are slower
so there is no sense in not playing a fast clearing build
changing the exp penalty to 20% will only damage the economy of the game because people tend to play slower tankier builds then and make less money per hour
means everything would be more expensive
so in the core you'd push fast clearing builds into the mirror tier area only for the 1% nolifers to play
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

why not just change the game to an arpg rather than a vampire survivor game
where you kill thousands of enemies

I don't know, make a topic about it?

"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

the game is not rewarding enough for builds that are slower
so there is no sense in not playing a fast clearing build
changing the exp penalty to 20% will only damage the economy of the game because people tend to play slower tankier builds then and make less money per hour
means everything would be more expensive
so in the core you'd push fast clearing builds into the mirror tier area only for the 1% nolifers to play

Game is very generous for slower builds too, just need to know how to use your strengths.

"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

why the hate towards glasscanons?

Because drop rates are set by their performance (amongst other things)
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Oct 10, 2023, 11:02:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info