Path of Exile Keeps Crashing On My High-End PC

same here. my game crashed 3 times today. İts annoying. Any solutions ?
Still going on and its nearly October, same issue here. i9 13900k, 4090, 32GB Ram
Corrupted file message

Things attempted:
- Reinstall Via Steam
- Reinstall PoE client
- Reinstall Windows completely
- Install on a different SSD
- Swap ram out of PC for different ram
- Swap 4090 for 2070
- Update all drivers
- Direct X11 and 12 and Vulkan, all same issue
- Engine Multithreading off
- Settings high and settings low
- Sound on and sound off
- Lower resolution of screen
- Disabling secondary monitors
- Delete Cache folder

Still crashes every 5 minutes or so, When I can get into an actual game, If I want to trade I have to tell people to come to me cause it will 100% crash if i try to go to their hideout.

Absolute joke there has been no response to any posts in regards to this
Last edited by Bodyblades on Oct 28, 2023, 9:10:51 AM
MultiThreading On
Decrease fps from 144 to 100
Direct X11->Direct X12
-> and here my crashes stopped
I've been having this issue since the launch of this league. I took a long break and came back to still having this issue. The game is currently unplayable for me. Has there been a fix?
i have played poe for years no issues , many new gpus and cpus no issue ,, got a 5800x3d recently and last league the game crashed so much to desktop i stopped in act 7 , its the only game that does this and it started the day after getting a new cpu , still cant figure this out but for sure that's my culprit , can play other games much more intense 10x hours straight on my pc , no idea why this is the issue
I have the same issue, after having just upgraded to a ryzen 7800x3d and an RX 7900xtx, new mobo. clean windows install. one thing seems to be quite common though, mostly these issues seem to be on newer hardware and AMD. my previous system with an i7 9700k and 2080 super had 0 issues. now i cannot run delve. every other run i crash out.
Bump, same issue, renderers do not matter.
Ryzen 9 7950X, RX7900XTX, X670 GAMING X AX, Corsair RAM w/ dual channel 2x16GB (part CMK32GX5M2B5600C36)

Crashes are not caught by POE at all.
Windows dump files, when analyzed through WinDBG, all show access violations (code c0000005) on read and write. I can share the dumps (13MB each), if needed.
I also just a ran a 3,5h MemTest86 with zero errors. The Windows MemTest also had zero errors.
POE is the only game where these issues occur!

Changing setting to single threading avoids crashes by 99% but does not eliminate them. I hope this is not the way I am supposed to play the game.

Debug Example:

Sometimes it is the FMOD module (probably depending on execution sequence):

From the official MemTest forum for a different game

Cheers!
This is happening to me as well on launch day. I quit last season because it was unplayable. I played 15 mins with 2 crashes. Just closes - no errors or anything.

5600x
6700xt
32 gb RAM

Steam and standalone.
Same Issue. I cant play PoE last 2 Seasons because of this Crash Problem. I have tried everything on the Internet and nothing solved this Problem.

And i cant understand, why GGG dont try to solve a Problem like this. Really unbelievable.

My Spec: 2080s / i9-9900k
since league started 2 days ago i think I've had roughly 300 crashes, 270 odd of the when i click to launch, it will start to load then just straight up crash with cannot decompress corrupt file message, and when, after just clicking the launch button for 5 minutes it decides it wants to load (not doing anything different, just spamming play now and closing the error messages until it decides its going to load) i do get in game, it can be anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour before i crash, and its always a transition - loading a new area, opening a menu (dont ever open skill tree while your inventory is open as that always triggers it for me) and poof

i just came here after it deciding to trigger when entering the lab treasure room. was not amused. at all.

at this point i think its quite safe to say GGG doesn't really care as long as 95% of people can play, they seem to be "eh good enough" attitude to it, as they dont even have it listed as an issue they are investigating

i9-13900k
7900XTX
64B 6k timing DDR5
ROG STRIX
Enough fans to make the damn thing hover
1200W power supply

its the only game that does this (except AC Valhalla, which is just held together with hope and rubber bands due to uber bloatware PUP launcher)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info