How do you make currency on console?

I've been playing a lot lately, but gaining currency has been really hard. Very few things sell, and I'm pricing lots of stuff cheaply. The market is in an odd place where much gear is very expensive compared with PC market, while other things that are easy to shift there is worth only half on console. Makes the whole thing very skewed. I'm outright vendoring gear that looks pretty darn good, because I've learnt by now that almost nothing sells, no matter what. The only people who seem to contact me are flippers trying to offer less than listed value (which is already low, generally speaking).

Anyway, if anybody were to stumble upon this graveyard, do you have any tips on how to make currency? Maybe nothing will work now, but for next league?
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2023, 12:42:32 AM
TL:DR - Console market wouldn't make sense with an MBA. Pick a goal to achieve, choose a league mechanic you enjoy/tolerate, and put a price on everything you can.

The marketplace issue is something every Console player faces at one point or another. With the player-base being considerably lower than on PC the law of supply and demand reigns supreme. Unfortunately, with the recent release of D4, this has only been exacerbated and likely won't change in the future. That being said, one way to immediately enhance your trading is to start putting a price on everything and steadily lower that price until it sells. Any player who is filtering for items with a price will weed out 80-90% of other items on the board.

To answer your question there are many things you can do depending on your knowledge of the game, what you enjoy, and what your goal is. Most league mechanics are fantastic tools for generating currency as they are enhanced through the Atlas, many items can be sold outright, and it can be done in conjunction with other farming methods. Examples:

Delve: Resonators, fossils, and the possible Aul's drop
Heist: Raw drops (i.e. stacked deck), Replica uniques, and alternate quality gems
Syndicate: Selling perks (i.e. Aisling T4)
Beastcraft: Split beasts or other Reds
Expedition: Logbooks and Tujen/Rog currency

From a casual player's perspective it's not realistic for me to farm Ubers, hard juice T16 Delirium maps, or spend literal days target farming Divination cards for big-ticket items like Headhunter/Mage Blood; however, I enjoy altar mapping and sell Invitations and maps/fragments to those legends. As a side note, few things compare to the insane dopamine rush that's triggered if you're blessed with the extremely rare Divine Orb altar.
"
Ohmnivore wrote:
TL:DR - Console market wouldn't make sense with an MBA. Pick a goal to achieve, choose a league mechanic you enjoy/tolerate, and put a price on everything you can.

Thank you for the reply. I hear you on that quote, that's for sure! I tried farming and selling some invitations, but for some reason their value is much lower than on PC. Same for resonators and fossils, and I've got heaps of those due to quite liking Delve (but I see the XP is pretty poor now, when trying to get to level 97). My guess is that console has not only got many fewer players, but also many fewer "advanced" players who go into self-crafting and farming bosses. Maybe that is why stuff like resonators are worth much less. Same with invitations.

Meanwhile, some very rare items are worth bonkers amounts, or at least priced at absurd levels. Because there isn't enough players to 'correct' the price. Probably very easy to take control of certain niches in the market for unscrupulous people.

Combined this has made it very difficult for me to gather currency of any note. What I sell goes for a pittance, and items I'd like to buy sometimes costs 10x compared with PC market. That said, I had the fortune of dropping a few very expensive items, particularly a Stormshroud. On PC it goes for 1-2 divines iirc, while it might have been possible to sell mine for around 8. I've ended up equipping it now.

I hope it will be better at league launch, but no idea really. Perhaps the whole market is skewed like this always.

Inventory storage has become a problem. Because almost nothing sells, and I keep getting the odd good item now and then. Therefore I end up needing to vendor something whenever I put some new item into a 10-chaos stash tab for example.

I also find it difficult to price items on console, since we don't have the benefit of using tools such as Awakened POE. Have started to use Poestack, since it works for console accounts, but it's not able to get prices for rares and such. Only uniques, currency and various 'standard' items, and it uses PC prices, so it can give a wrong impression. Still, it's better than nothing. But being able to quickly price check something in-game must be wonderful.

As an aside, do you know how it's possible to price items that are in stacks by the item? I don't see a way to edit the price line on console, but when checking the trade market I still sometimes come across items listed with e.g. "1x/5 chaos". Or something like that.
if you know what you are doing you can use the low player count to your advantage, like you can farm things you know pretty much every player will need and if you flood the market you will make bank.

for instance there are a few invitations that are needed to get favored slots, i farmed a shit ton of those this league and made absolute bank. its all about consistency, pick something to farm and go ham on it you will make money.

(this is a alt i use sometimes at work LUL)
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
As an aside, do you know how it's possible to price items that are in stacks by the item? I don't see a way to edit the price line on console, but when checking the trade market I still sometimes come across items listed with e.g. "1x/5 chaos". Or something like that.

When you're setting the item price there is a button you can press to bring up an input screen that allows you to do this. I think it's Triangle, but it'll tell you in the tool-tip at the bottom.
get a premium tab and put items with a fixed price.

than players can browse the in-game player item shop and buy it directly from you through the shop (Act 10 Oriath docks)

or they can buy from you the old fashioned way through the website and DM'ing you
Personally I make most of my money through self sustained heist. I set up my atlas for contracts and blue prints and then run 50 or so maps. I only run agility, lockpicking, and deception woth the odd perception. Of you want double blue print reveals Focus on Gianna and Niles.

Focus on selling stacked decks, essences, and the odd jewelery item. I only show onyx ammys and amethyst rings. I list every fractured item and synthesis base I get for w/e my dump tab is.

Focus on unusual gem grand heists. Primary and secondary regarding lens sell fast and for half a div or more, as well as any aura gem or other popular alt quality skills.

Some people don't like heist but I love it tbh. Really chill and contract farming is just smooth imo.

I've made roughly 50 div that I've invested into my character and now I just farm and save up.
Yeah, I actually prefer the console version a little bit. Love chilling on my couch and blasting maps with a controller. I also think the marketplace combined with the website is a better trading experience as a buyer rather than whispering 100 people on PC with no responses. However, the lack of liquidity in the market is super frustrating and usually forces me back to my PC character after I hit the wall. I can convert commodity items on the PC to currency in minutes/seconds if I need to and do big bulk trades of entire stash tabs.

Does anyone have a good list of common items that move well on console? I considered farming harvest this league since it worked well on PC, but I was afraid the juice would not be easy to move. The most reliable thing I have found to move is stacked decks, but even those will sometimes sit for hours instead of seconds. I spent the time to list a bunch of maps last league, and barely sold any of them.
No idea what actually sells well on console tbh. Late start this league so only early maps now, but if it's like last league then it's a struggle to shift even really well-rolled gear. And crafting ingredients won't really sell because there aren't enough "advanced" players on console. So once again I'm not sure how to reliably make currency so I can afford better gear. Can't exactly rely on great loot to drop in our laps. So far I've sold ONE item, for 5c.

The one thing I wish for is a common economy to make it more healthy, and also have more availability. Some items simply don't exist on console markets. Heck, even just a PS + Xbox market would be a great improvement from the current situation.

But in truth I don't expect anything to happen here until POSSIBLY POE2.
Thread is a lil old but ill add my opinion anyway. My advice for anyone struggling to make currency…first, ignore PC market and prices. They dont translate to console in any way shape or form. Check the prices in our market (l3 and triangle) and then price your stuff lower. People price their stuff pretty ridiculously on console (atleast on PS) so you kinda have to look through and figure out what an average price actually is. I personally almost totally ignore trying to sell equipment, except for good uniques. If your filter doesnt scream at you when it drops its most likely not worth picking up.

Chaos recipe can be a life saver if you arent able to generate currency in other ways. Jewelry is definitely the bottleneck there, blight drops jewelry like crazy. Heist is pretty good for that and then delve coming in 3rd. Figure out a good storage organization system and get efficient at vendoring it. I sell 10 sets at a time for 20 chaos….takes me a couple mins to do now but it was slower before i got “good” at it. Definitely not the most time efficient strategy but its guaranteed to make you chaos.

Expedition is by far the most casual player friendly strategy. It just throws raw currency at you. I concentrate on chaos and stacked decks and divines when they show up. But it also gives plenty of other things that can be flipped in big enough stacks and sold at the right price.

My main strategy is selling stacked decks. My atlas strategy revolves around things that drop them in good amounts. Expedition (by far the best by a huge margin), legion, blight and heist all drop stacked decks in good amounts. I sell them at 3div for stacks of 200-300 depending on the time of league.

But long story short….i dont bother with selling gear. I dont invest my atlas into things that are like playing the lottery hoping for RNGesus to bless me. I concentrate on steady guaranteed things. For me thats stacked decks, flipping currency, chaos recipe, and to a smaller extent crafting supplies. And i dont over value what im trying to sell. Id rather have it move and get currency in my hand than have stuff not sell for a week.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info