Drop rate Logbooks nerfed?

"
hendrik16 wrote:

So I need to have Eater or Exarch on the tree to get a chance that a logbook will drop?

No thats not how this works.

Every time you kill one of the mobs spawned by the big skulls there is a base chance to drop a logbook. I dont know what the exact number is.
Lets assume it was 1% for the sake of the argument.

If you were to add "100% inc chance to drop a logbook" from a remnant, then that 1% chance would now be 2%. And thats all those remnants do.

Now if you also add exarch/eater altars and add another 500% inc plus a remnant for 100% for a total of 600% inc then that 1% turns into 7%.

Still not a big number, still nothing to write home about and you´d still have to kill 14 big skulls on average to drop a single logbook.
Not dropping a lot of logbooks over a long period of time isnt surprising and doesnt mean anything is bugged. It just means bad luck. Thats all.
Averages ultimatly mean nothing and RNG can absolutely be a bitch.

Eater/Exarch altars are simply there to add a metricton of IIR/IIQ to manipulate the base chance for logbooks to drop best you can. This number might be higher or lower than 1%. I have no idea but its certainly not a double digit number, based on my humble personal experience.
Bit late, hope it's not too late to help somebody, but..

I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THIS! - TLDR: Do the act 6 expedition quest.

I've only played 2-3 months, so might be some noobery going on here as well.

I specced into Expedition yesterday, and did like 20 maps - 20 quality and rare.. Juiced a bit with scarabs and fragments (maybe for quantity?)
I didn't see the shadow of a Logbook, don't even think I saw a single "logbook remnant".
Figured something wasn't right, and went to Google. Saw a lot of ppl not finding any logbooks, but no solutions or explanations.. except 'bad luck'.... right..

So I remembered the league/mechanic teaser quest in act 6, that I could never do when levelling. Found the quest item in a low lvl logbook, with the "underground area mod" or whatever.
Then I did 10 random tier 16 maps, 20 quality and rare, no juice.
Using Extreme Archaelogy node, and focusing on blasting logbook remnants and "big skull poles"

1. Yellow remnant, 1 logbook.
2. Remnant, bad map layout, not much runic, no logbook.
3. Remnant, messed up and made it all resistant to me.
4. Remnant, bad layout, no logbook.
5. No remnant, but 1 logbook.
6. Remnant, no logbook.
7. Remnant, 1 logbook.
8. Remnant, no logbook.
9. No remnant, no logbook.
10. Remnant, no logbook.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info