Content Update 3.21.0 -- Path of Exile: Crucible

"
TheChosenWoon wrote:
You guys really just decided to kill chaos bow builds so pathfinder can be completely dedicated to concoction builds.

Not even any compensation for it anywhere, and on top of poison nerfs as if they needed a 15% more nerf, attack speed nerfs, and nerfed several passives in the tree.

No universe poison builds were overperforming to that degree, especially in the context of other builds.

There are heaps of poison and chaos damage over time nodes everywhere near the ranger. You sure there is no compensation?
"
BlackParagon wrote:
the ACTUAL fuck did I just read???????

NGL, some of these "changes" are insane. Like, holy moly insane.

And I don't only mean that in a good way.

Some of the interactions are going to be literally broken; which I wouldn't care about, if you guys could actually just keep your hands off the balance for at least a league.

But nooooo, it's always the same pattern:

1. Invent new insane league mechanic that grants ridiculous powercreep
2. Nerf the shit out of key mechanics/talents to preserve at least a semblance of balance
3. Ignore the 90% of the playerbase that is going to be negatively affected by this
4. ????
5. Profit (off of more/new mtx)

*sigh*

I like the idea of Crucible. What I don't like is having the game balance and economy upset massively every time because you are hell bent on preserving some vague sense of balance.
This repeated behaviour has led to (for me at least) abandoning/giving up on entire build types and interactions. Because the amount of (time) investment to even make it work at a fraction of it's previous power was no longer worth it. Maybe if the leagues were 6-9 months long - but I am pretty sure no one in their right mind would actually want that.

So please, for the love of god, just stop chickening out/teasing your playerbase like this. You want to make a crazy league? Good. But stop nerfing shit just for your new leagues.

That's an excellent set of observations. That's exactly what has been happening. Breakage and over correction. And certainly whole mechanics forcibly abandoned.

managuard being the big obvious one for me. One day I had a managuard built and the next day fully half his gear went legacy and whole systems were broken/removed.

Does anyone else remember that?
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Added a new Dexterity/Strength Support Gem - Momentum: Supports attack skills that aren't triggered. Using those skills will grant Momentum, which is lost when you move (including teleporting).

Skills will grant Momentum. What does Momentum do? We're not going to tell you guys

Please clarify, thank you! :D
(New) Gain Adrenaline for 1 second when you change Stance

This is the most broken garbage I ever saw. You are basically forcing players to endlessly spam blood and sand stance change for the rest of their life. Players. that play honestly, gonna be heavily punished for not using AHkey.

I dont want to damage my wrists because of this mandatory spam every 1-1.4 seconds.
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
"
Anngrat wrote:

This is the most broken garbage I ever saw. You are basically forcing players to endlessly spam blood and sand stance change for the rest of their life. Players. that play honestly, gonna be heavily punished for not using AHkey.

I dont want to damage my wrists because of this mandatory spam every 1-1.4 seconds.

Dont spam it for regular mobs just use it on bosses.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:

Adrenaline grants the following:

100% increased Damage
25% increased Attack, Cast, and Movement Speed
10% additional Physical Damage Reduction

Yeye, dont spam it, nice try...
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:

Adrenaline grants the following:

100% increased Damage
25% increased Attack, Cast, and Movement Speed
10% additional Physical Damage Reduction

Yeye, dont spam it, nice try...

If you need that buff to kill regular mobs, you build is bad.
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Early acts leveling? Juiced maps like 100% deli? Extra move speed?

For efficient play you gonna spam that button from early till the ultra late game. Spam it every god damn 1.4 seconds.
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Early acts leveling? Juiced maps like 100% deli? Extra move speed?

For efficient play you gonna spam that button from early till the ultra late game. Spam it every god damn 1.4 seconds.

You make it seem like you are play ruthless mode. If you arent killing white mobs almost instantly without that buff, your build is bad.

As for 100% deli, that is for end game masochists. It is indeed good for that.
Most changes look okay to me, except the following two:
1. Adrenaline with stance change. It's absolutely punishing any players who don't pick it up and spam it, especially for classes at upper side of the skill tree...just think about how OP adrenaline is and how hard it is to obtain (a champion ascendancy node (after hitting low life), or a ring slot (death rush, buff for a few seconds after kills)), while spamming it you can so easily get >80% uptime with only a mastery node and 10% reservation. It's not only kinda mandatory and OP for end game, but also for leveling.
2. The "Tainted Pact" ring with "taking chaos damage over time heals you instead while leeching life", which combined with golden rules, gives an unethical amount of life recovery. It's not only make you immune to chaos dots, but also heals you so hard that any non-chaos non-poison builds can benefit from it.

Last edited by tianyunke123 on Apr 2, 2023, 4:05:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info