[3.24] Ice Shot / Lightning Arrow Deadeye (Or Tornado Shot) - 400%+ MS, League Start Viable!

"
ultratiem wrote:
"
Make sure your main skill's mana cost is high enough to trigger your manaforge setup every so often (around 5 to 15 mana cost on your main skill is likely ideal)

Sorry this is kinda wrong and not really how manaforged works. Also, MF doesn't care about its own cost, just the cost of the initial trigger skill.

With all that said, the ideal cost is is 1 for your skill and 0 for anything linked to MF. This is achievable with a total of -20 mana cost. All you need is one inherently rolled Heist ring and another benchrafted at -7 (-8 on catalysts).

A 6L: Inspiration (no quality) > Critical Chance > Critical DMG > Ele DMG > M Archer > TS at -20 mana cost has a cost of 1 mana (and MF links 0). This will trigger MF on every hit (which makes the whole 300% text really deceptive).

It's also of note the trigger skill has to cost something (this strangely becomes annoying swapping gems as they may have different costs).

Someone posts a really good primer on reddit about MF and the comments had even more findings, definitely worth a search.

Yes and I read the thread in question but you overlooked that the manaforged setup doesn't reach 0 cost on my build since it doesn't have enough sockets to be supported by inspiration or lifetap.

The lowest we can realistically make it cost is 5 mana without mageblood flasks.

If you want to achieve a 0 mana cost manaforge on my build before having a mageblood, you're going to have to drop either power charge on crit (and get it from a jewel or charm perhaps) or drop tornado/forbidden rite as a 6th link.
"
rattek wrote:
Why we getting pierce and not Chain?

I would think chaining would be way better then Piercing no? anyone explain?

Chain feels better but has much higher opportunity cost (1 ascendancy for chain vs 3 passive points for pierce)

you would rather use the ascendancy point on damage early (focal point) and when you can make up the damage through itemization you refund focal point and pierce in favor of ricochet.
"
yankuch wrote:
"
rattek wrote:
Why we getting pierce and not Chain?

I would think chaining would be way better then Piercing no? anyone explain?

Chain feels better but has much higher opportunity cost (1 ascendancy for chain vs 3 passive points for pierce)

you would rather use the ascendancy point on damage early (focal point) and when you can make up the damage through itemization you refund focal point and pierce in favor of ricochet.

what points are we refunding I'm confused.

this is my char atm

https://pobb.in/IDksI1fZliZ3

Is the Chain only for the big budget investment? the 50-300div build? i see they change the build around for the end game but that cost of that is hella div and im a solo pleb who only has like 9-10 div to my name atm after my last batch of upgrades.
Last edited by rattek on Dec 26, 2023, 1:51:50 AM
Im not stunning and dont understand why mu characters name is TurtleTom
"
NerdsAreGood wrote:
Im not stunning and dont understand why mu characters name is TurtleTom

Just ask your mom she will tell you that you are in fact stunning.
"
rattek wrote:
what points are we refunding I'm confused.

this is my char atm

https://pobb.in/IDksI1fZliZ3

Is the Chain only for the big budget investment? the 50-300div build? i see they change the build around for the end game but that cost of that is hella div and im a solo pleb who only has like 9-10 div to my name atm after my last batch of upgrades.

The ascendancy Focal Point and the notable Piercing Shot.
follow the pob for the progression, I think you should go chain soon.
Hi,

I have to tell that I have a moment of consideration at stage of crit low budget, but now (medium budget + cluster jewels) is much better.
But though I have a few questions:

- Is there any particular reason why we are not using blood rage? 20% extra AS seems really nice, expecially there is a room for this.

- Do we get some considerable advantage from leveled Forbidden Rite of Soul Sacrifice or it is better to keep it on lvl 1 to reduce life cost to minimum?

- I am thinking abour priority of getting massive thread of hope, since it is not particularly cheap (60divs :f). Right now I have almost 1200 dps bow (but without additional arrows) and chaos res about 0. Will be better to saving for jewel or upgrading rest of gear?

Merry Christmas
Last edited by Laskolnyk on Dec 26, 2023, 4:21:41 AM
Hi everyone!

Would anyone mind giving me some tips? This is my pob: https://pobb.in/8_rGK7q1AOYz

I feel like my tankiness is ok (able to do T16 with Affliction) but im lacking in DPS. I cant even get to 50% Crit chance.

Also, when checking in POB my DPS is only 100k compared to even the 300k in Low budget.

Also, i was planning on changing my belt for the one that buffs flasks, but i dont understand how can we survive DoTs with no Regen when there are no mobs, seems a really risky playing without life flask for me.

Any recommendation and help for my character is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Last edited by Wapsolo on Dec 26, 2023, 1:54:38 PM
Hi can anyone help me check why I'm not generating power charges?

https://pobb.in/u3nuoAogPBbg

Even tried with charm power charge on crit still no power charges, thanks!
You still are using Precise Technique so you will never deal crits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info