[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
oupis wrote:
Spoiler
i have problem with single target dmg. I don't know what's wrong with me or what I'm doing wrong, but the boss in T12 is almost 5 minutes long and that's without a boost from the league

Unavailable

U need to level your gems.

And 2 combinations you can try:

1) Herald of Purity + Pride + Brutality (instead of culling strike)
2) Herald of Ash + Pride + Cruelty or Momentum (instead of culling strike)

Give each a test see which feels best.

Gear looks fine, just keep working on your toon.

GL
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hello,

+ Could it be good to put a Enhance supp 4 for Sniper mark?
+ Why do you play with cruelty insteand of awakened bruta?
Last edited by Squllito on Dec 26, 2023, 11:37:05 AM
"
Squllito wrote:
Hello,

+ Could it be good to put a Enhance supp 4 for Sniper mark?
+ Why do you play with cruelty insteand of awakened bruta?

You can see in 3.22 I was using Enhance, but without Alternate Quality gems and filling in Determination, I am not doing Enhance in 3.23.

Because it feels better than brutality and I want the explosions from Herald of Ash. Test yourself and see which feels better.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Dec 26, 2023, 3:32:08 PM
Well, was working my way up with around 5div worth of gear then just got a headhunter drop when delirium farming... Deciding whether to keep it, or to sell and juice this build to the max
"
Tomca wrote:
Well, was working my way up with around 5div worth of gear then just got a headhunter drop when delirium farming... Deciding whether to keep it, or to sell and juice this build to the max

Congrats!

It's a great item, so have some fun with it before you decide to sell it.

It could actually be quite good for farming mega juiced T16s with Abyss Spires that puke out a ton of rares.

GL
Is getting headsman that important? I've been working my way through gear and now I just got nimis and I still feel weak..

I'm watching your replays and seeing you almost 1-shotting minotaur, with less good gear than I have right now, I've skipped getting forbidden flesh/flame as I didn't consider them worth it and thought that getting nimis would be a higher priority for me. Now I feel lost as with 70+ divs of investment I feel awkwardly weak.

This is my gear right now, if someone can tell me what I'm likely doing wrong or missing out I will be very thankful.
Unavailable

Didn't attach my jewels (one is feed the fury + smite the weak + battlefield dominator. other one is feed the fury + smite the weak)
"
chimodzi wrote:
Is getting headsman that important? I've been working my way through gear and now I just got nimis and I still feel weak..

I'm watching your replays and seeing you almost 1-shotting minotaur, with less good gear than I have right now, I've skipped getting forbidden flesh/flame as I didn't consider them worth it and thought that getting nimis would be a higher priority for me. Now I feel lost as with 70+ divs of investment I feel awkwardly weak.

This is my gear right now, if someone can tell me what I'm likely doing wrong or missing out I will be very thankful.
Unavailable

Didn't attach my jewels (one is feed the fury + smite the weak + battlefield dominator. other one is feed the fury + smite the weak)

Think about this for a second: You want to one-shot tanky mobs, but consider killing them 20% earlier not worth getting; if you want to one-shot things, that's what the flame/flesh jewels are all about.

That and stacking Low-Life DMG bonuses, so you hit them once or twice to bring them below 50% life, now you're doing a lot more dmg, and you only need to do that until 20% of their life, because after that they will be dead. That's how you one-shot Mino.

So, in our setup there are 3 things working in concert:

1) +25% Crit Tincture gives you 100% Crit, meaning that you will hopefully bring the mob below 50% life on the first hit. So, don't Leap Slam it because it won't be at Full-Life.

2) Punishment or Tincture Low-life Dmg gives you more dmg to get to Culling range quicker.

3) Headsman or regular Culling to kill things quicker.

You also have Large Clusters without Brutal Infamy; the mod that gives you more DPS on uniques, and Mino is unique.

Also, there's no predicting how mobs get empowered. Some may be way tankier than others.

Finally, for single target you definitely want Brutality/Herald of Purity, not Cruelty/Herald of As.

I suggest you fit in the Enlightens and Determination if you want to farm empowered T16s.

If you want more reliable DPS, you'll want to take a look at the medium cluster setup I am using right now.

GL

Edit: Just noticed your life flask is really bad. You want either:

If you're not sure about what you're doing, don't make assumptions about things. That is to say, if you see me using a specific mod, it's there for a particular reason. In this case Instant Life recovery is INCREDIBLY important to this game.
Last edited by corosou on Dec 28, 2023, 2:38:36 PM
I have a noob question regarding how the POBs are setup.

Why is the projectile distance set at 70? Is that something that is just built into splitting steel itself?
"
Dev1ator wrote:
I have a noob question regarding how the POBs are setup.

Why is the projectile distance set at 70? Is that something that is just built into splitting steel itself?

Not a noob question, that's a quite observant question, rather.

If you notice I have one of these new jewels:

Max projectile travel distance is 70. The distance they travel when they go out and come back, so full benefit for the 60% inc. dmg. jewel mod.

It's the same reason why Splitting Steel with Beltimber (Far Shot) is a popular option.

Gl
Really enjoying this build. Probably something like 15 div deep and comfortably farming whisped up red maps.

Have a long way to go to get my jewels right, but all around the build feels great. Finally swapped off wings of entropy to maximize dps, but thinking about going back for the attack speed/quality of life. Will test further before deciding.

Also using standard splitting steel most of the time (simply for quality of life). Pulling out the ammunition as needed.

https://pobb.in/y1VLHL4NZm9z
Last edited by boomersoonr on Dec 28, 2023, 3:22:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info