AAA games moving to $70 base pricepoint? Reasonable or Greedy?

"
KiadawP wrote:
GGG charged 42 bucks for an in-game armor or wing....500 bucks supporter packs....

It's like going to a Ferrari forum and complaining oil price have increase.

Why does this Indian Tech support guy weirdly called "Chris" then show up every 3 months and applies heavy force with a Sledgenerfhammer to the engineblock of my Ferrari ? Because it then works again.
Ferreari is devinitely the wrong company to be doing that, maybe you ment the cheap knockoff Ferrero ?

No one is going to put up with the modern AAA-graphics cardrequirements which allow you to sniper your opponents in a FPS trajectorycalculated based on the windmovements of his animated eyelashes. Spending that amount of money on bling could have also been spent on developing fun mechanics.

But yes, we also complain about oilprices because thats one of our workrequirements, like everybody needs it if he wants to eat for the day.
Atleast we spend a similar gigantic amount on developing Stellerators.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
...I fucking love the way German smashes words together and when you do it in English it just hums with intensity and urgency.

TIL the word 'stellarator' though. That's interesting AF.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Even at the upper end, GGG are only interested in dolphins, not whales.

Maybe POE isn't whale natural habitat. POE doesn't have many large whales, GGG has to catch smaller whales or dolphins. Of necessity rather than they are not interested.

"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Even at the upper end, GGG are only interested in dolphins, not whales.

Maybe POE isn't whale natural habitat. POE doesn't have many large whales, GGG has to catch smaller whales or dolphins. Of necessity rather than they are not interested.

The necessity for one reduces their interest in the other. Word games are fun, but usually only when more than one person is playing.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 11, 2022, 8:10:52 AM
"

The necessity for one reduces their interest in the other. Word games are fun, but usually only when more than one person is playing.

Not really. It is like saying GGG isn't interested in earning billions of dollars instead of interested in earning millions of dollars. The problem is in their capability and scarcity not their interest. Not word game or semantic but accuracy and precision correctness. I hope humour is not lost on you. GGG is interested in earning alot alot of money instead earn less money than they wanted. I believe that is approximately right.
Last edited by awesome999 on Dec 11, 2022, 8:46:27 AM
"
...I fucking love the way German smashes words together and when you do it in English it just hums with intensity and urgency.

TIL the word 'stellarator' though. That's interesting AF.

I guess we never got the option to sail across an ocean just to ask a random indigenous rainforestdweller how to name this new invention, its like a boot for hands.

I learned in the internet, my teacher had problems explaining the "Why though", ... sentencestructure, timeframes, from where they got that random word suddenly... but she gave explicit instructions on whats bri´ish and murican,
so atleast now i should know which ones get triggered by adding a silent U to colour.

I atleast value your dedication to proofreaderismn, compared to the usual wordburglars in the deep english commentsection i often have to guess if they just wrote the first and last letter and filled the inbetween with stuff to let me keep guessing. And yes i had to google TIL, i always thought stellerator/Teilchenbeschleuniger is a english one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
*loltears* fuckingstopplease I'm trying to take this veryseriously here..!
Bringing half assed games on the market, want more money for it.

Wtf is this ?
Well again the concept isn't exactly should they, because that's pretty subjective in terms of gatekeeping revenues, it's more can they, anticipating what most gamers accepting the additional costs will be.

I think a number of people will want to play right away and pretty much pay whatever(like I'm pre-ordering the $100 D4 Edition and couldn't care less), but yet others might wait until things are on sale post-release. For example, I think I paid $9.99 for Cyberpunk, and haven't even played it yet. I hear that it's in a decent place right now compared to what it was, and just thought ten bucks was worth it. No way I was paying $60 for that.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Dec 11, 2022, 7:12:08 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
For example, I think I paid $9.99 for Cyberpunk, and haven't even played it yet. I hear that it's in a decent place right now compared to what it was, and just thought ten bucks was worth it. No way I was paying $60 for that.

I did something similar -- saw it at half price on PSN, nabbed it. Let it sort of just...sit there until, lol, Cyberpunk Edgerunners came out. I don't think there was any coincidence with the timing of that anime (which was top shelf all the way) and the game itself being in a state CDPR were happy to advertise. Needless to say, player numbers after CPER came out went through the roof.

And oh man did I have a fucking fun month or two with it. It's the first game I've ever *almost* platinumed, and most of those achievements came just with the necessary playthroughs to see pretty much everything.

Night City was my home for all that time. I especially loved the haptic feedback on the DualSense controller -- each vehicle felt different to drive. The ways the gears changed. The acceleration. The braking. Everything.

Pro-tip: quickhacking fucking rules. No surprise there -- everyone is jacked in and hilariously lazy about their security.

PS me too re D4. I read a really disturbing article about D4's development hell on WaPo (the Ruler of Eterra shared it with me, bless the man) that basic indicated that for years the game languished under shitbags like McRee, who would tell entire teams to go do something, and then reject it outright after weeks of work. Fuuuuck that. Then they hired a writer who wanted to put r*pe into the game. Like, uh, no. Finally, they found their direction and now the only problem is the crunch to release in six months is probably going to kill someone. I'd happily wait another year if they need it, but once they said June 2023, that was it. These poor devs are screwed no matter what.
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Dec 11, 2022, 7:43:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info