[3.23] MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant

"
Incaman wrote:
Hello,

I started with arc totems and they seemed very week for late game, so in searching for a new build I found yours. I'm not really in depth experienced with the game and mostly follow builds, but I don't understand how to make this work. I get killed in a touch, the totems don't really do much damage and most of the gems have requirements I cannot possibly fulfill.

This is the link

https://pastebin.com/CxshkGBW

I'm sure I have messed things up, but can someone please help me, I waisted everything I earned so far and can't even continue to play.

This build is terrible until you get lightning coil and spend about 10+ divine getting it set up properly, you will get 1 shot a lot if you are not careful. You need to play super safely and just accept the fact its a squishy build until u can farm a lot of currency. at 93+ I was dying about once or twice a level while playing safely by placing totem way ahead of me, what gets you is teleporting mobs or really fast ones that get u before totems can do anything, that is where the high budget setup comes in to stop u from blowing up instantly.

I am basically done with the build now and any upgrades are minor, the only real positive early on is the build clears very fast and has some good single target damage with little investment, but the build requires a lot to make it feel good.

If you follow the level guide section and get the helmet+weapon+amulet you are pretty much good to go.
Last edited by dupie on Sep 5, 2023, 1:34:02 AM
For the people having survival issues:

- EVERY build needs investment to satisfy it's claims. I see the build is sturdier than others even without heavy investment but you shouldn't expect a build to give it all without it's items.

- Being mobile is a strong defense, especially earlier when you still have basic items. Watchtowers give you movement speed per totem. Be always on the move and only stay still when really needed.

- Anoints are strong so go for them because you need them. They're not only damage, every extra totem is more speed and more mana regen that in our build, is crucial due to mana being life regen and hit points. For this reason, remember being at your maximum number of summoned totems ALWAYS and that includes the start of the map, put your totems and then advance because without totems you have weak mama regen and that will kill you.

- Mana, mana, MANA. It is important. This is a Mind over Matter and The Agnostic build so mana is essential. Things like going for the Healty Mind jewel might sound bad because it removes life, but always remember, mana is not just damage. You lose life but gain much more survivality in the form of mana sustain (you're a MoM build so regenerating mana is the same as healing you), maximum mana (your mana is like your life because MoM so more mana = more hit points) and life regen (The Agnostic heals you based on your maximum mana so more mana = faster life healing). The regen part is important because, although this game has fame of being oneshoty (and it is in some aspects), most of the deaths are really hits in rapid succession and that can be mitigated to some extend by having strong life (and in our case, also mana) regen.

- Flask are important. Quartz Flash is one of the strongest defensive flask of the game, especially in a mobility build like this because phasing let you move through monsters and other type of blockers. A blocked exile is not moving and an exile that doesn't move is a dead one too. Also, is not the best, but you're safer inside a pack of monsters that just on the side of it. Then, a good mana flask with corrupted block and bleed patching will do wonders avoiding kills due to those things. An amethyst one is good too before capping chaos res with items.

- Mind your resistances. Always cap the elemental ones and get as much chaos resist as you can. Chaos damage will demolish you and sadly, is not just a "good to have" resistance anymore.

- Read you map rolls and don't alch and go blindly. Reduced recovery/regen will kill you. No regen will kill you too obviously. Added phys as chaos will kill you before capping your chaos resistance and even capped might still hurt you if you receive too much hits because the map mod also adds wither on hit. -% max resist may kill you, same with ele weakeness map if you are not overcapped in elemental resistance. Chaining maps are dangerous due to totems/golem. Extra proyectiles is dangerous too due to shotgunning and just more chance of being hit. I'm not telling you can't do those mods, but if you're doing something dangerous (or stupid), yeah, your chances of dying grow.

- Play fast, always move. Don't go to the mobs directly and always do arcs/circles to evade and spread your totems. If something is too fast, just run from it leaving one of two totems behind you or maybe just run away and leave that rare there. They may have nice drop but most of time is nothing so risking dying and losing time may be a bad move.

I hope it helps.
Last edited by Vanchelot on Sep 5, 2023, 11:49:40 AM
"
Vanchelot wrote:
For the people having survival issues:

- EVERY build needs investment to satisfy it's claims. I see the build is sturdier than others even without heavy investment but you shouldn't expect a build to give it all without it's items.

- Being mobile is a strong defense, especially earlier when you still have basic items. Watchtowers give you movement speed per totem. Be always on the move and only stay still when really needed.

- Anoints are strong so go for them because you need them. They're not only damage, every extra totem is more speed and more mana regen that in our build, is crucial due to mana being life regen and hit points. For this reason, remember being at your maximum number of summoned totems ALWAYS and that includes the start of the map, put your totems and then advance because without totems you have weak mama regen and that will kill you.

- Mana, mana, MANA. It is important. This is a Mind over Matter and The Agnostic build so mana is essential. Things like going for the Healty Mind jewel might sound bad because it removes life, but always remember, mana is not just damage. You lose life but gain much more survivality in the form of mana sustain (you're a MoM build so regenerating mana is the same as healing you), maximum mana (your mana is like your life because MoM so more mana = more hit points) and life regen (The Agnostic heals you based on your maximum mana so more mana = faster life healing). The regen part is important because, although this game has fame of being oneshoty (and it is in some aspects), most of the deaths are really hits in rapid succession and that can be mitigated to some extend by having strong life (and in our case, also mana) regen.

- Flask are important. Quartz Flash is one of the strongest defensive flask of the game, especially in a mobility build like this because phasing let you move through monsters and other type of blockers. A blocked exile is not moving and an exile that doesn't move is a dead one too. Also, is not the best, but you're safer inside a pack of monsters that just on the side of it. Then, a good mana flask with corrupted block and bleed patching will do wonders avoiding kills due to those things. An amethyst one is good too before capping chaos res with items.

- Mind your resistances. Always cap the elemental ones and get as much chaos resist as you can. Chaos damage will demolish you and sadly, is not just a "good to have" resistance anymore.

- Read you map rolls and don't alch and go blindly. Reduced recovery/regen will kill you. No regen will kill you too obviously. Added phys as chaos will kill you before capping your chaos resistance and even capped might still hurt you if you receive too much hits because the map mod also adds wither on hit. -% max resist may kill you, same with ele weakeness map if you are not overcapped in elemental resistance. Chaining maps are dangerous due to totems/golem. Extra proyectiles is dangerous too due to shotgunning and just more chance of being hit. I'm not telling you can't do those mods, but if you're doing something dangerous (or stupid), yeah, your chances of dying grow.

- Play fast, always move. Don't go to the mobs directly and always do arcs/circles to evade and spread your totems. If something is too fast, just run from it leaving one of two totems behind you or maybe just run away and leave that rare there. They may have nice drop but most of time is nothing so risking dying and losing time may be a bad move.

I hope it helps.

Nicely put! Also as a side note, if you're level 90+ and still in the basic gearing phase (which is likely) as long as you can clear the content without losing all of your portals - dying every map is fine. I just put up with the dying and kept farming (you still make money even if you die as long as you clear the content!) and once I got the lightning coil setup going it was gg from there.

For reference I've heavily invested into Abyss on the atlas, blocking all other mechanics, grabbed stream of consciousness b/c scarabs can suck it, and with the remaining points grabbed searing exarch altar buffs, more conquerer/guardian map drops from bosses, the quantity wheel at the top and the tormented spirit wheel near those quantity nodes. I've made some pretty good money from selling corrupted abyss jewels, maven invitations, high rolled darkness enthroned from the lich, guardian fragments, and the unique jewels they drop sell for 25-30c each, and ofc all of the currency that drops from the exarch altars.
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Sep 5, 2023, 2:19:55 PM
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
Nicely put! Also as a side note, if you're level 90+ and still in the basic gearing phase (which is likely) as long as you can clear the content without losing all of your portals - dying every map is fine.

This. Thank you both. :) On top you can do an early atlas strategy (white map essences) or even Heisting. That way you can farm currency to help you out later.
Last edited by zorker on Sep 6, 2023, 4:57:37 AM
i bought everything maxed out res still dying randomly to magic enemies i didnt play poe for years so im kinda new i have no idea what is wrong with my build or how to show my build thanks for the build...
"
Popkek wrote:
i bought everything maxed out res still dying randomly to magic enemies i didnt play poe for years so im kinda new i have no idea what is wrong with my build or how to show my build thanks for the build...

You bought a low rolled Piscator wand. Get one with the highest attack speed you can get and highest crit chance. Those are so called local mods and multiply your wand speed and crit chance. You can even buy a corrupted one with good mods.

You have gone for the Berserk version without any life regen. Your Berserk and glove slot add no real value to your build. I highly suggest switching to Breathstealer. You can annoint Lethality since you have Impossible Escape. DO not use Beserk without above 8 rage gen per second (helmet enchant and some regen on gear) it will feel terrible.

You bought a Glorious Vanity that is not of Xibaqua. That is why you are dying. You bought the wrong jewel. You are missing half your damage taken conversion.

You have to low life too. You need to stay above 2k life for sure.
You went to the shadow area while being quite low level. That costs you to many points you currently don't have.

Keep Frenzy at level 1. You can lower your dexterity requirements by using Assassin's Mark and a lower level Bloodrage.
Without Berserk the Strength requirements are quite low.
Last edited by zorker on Sep 7, 2023, 9:13:23 AM
the market seems dead. no one is selling fractured attack speed wands. only crit fractured wands.

i think the rest of us will have to go for corrupted Piscators wands.
Hello,

is it better to use annoint Surveillance or Lethality on Breathstealer? I have Impossible Escape. In POB Surveillance has better numbers ...

My POB : https://pobb.in/lyQ2pZFETHfD

Thank you.
"
Trifidik wrote:
Hello,

is it better to use annoint Surveillance or Lethality on Breathstealer? I have Impossible Escape. In POB Surveillance has better numbers ...

My POB : https://pobb.in/lyQ2pZFETHfD

Thank you.

Yes you can totally go for Surveillance too. It is amazing.
"
Sazzbot wrote:
the market seems dead. no one is selling fractured attack speed wands. only crit fractured wands.

i think the rest of us will have to go for corrupted Piscators wands.

That is because you forgot that attack speed on a wand is a local mod. You need to look for attack speed fracture (local)

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/lo28nOQhV
Last edited by zorker on Sep 7, 2023, 1:48:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info