Lights flicker / strobe in Heist lobby area (video)

AFAICT graphical settings do not seem to affect this:

Occurs with all three renderers (dx11, vulkan, and dx12)
Occurs in both windowed and fullscreen modes
Occurs regardless of vsync
Occurs regardless of foreground FPS cap, antialiasing, Lighting, Shadows, Sun Shadow, Number of Lights, Texture Quality, Texture Filtering settings.

I've also tried setting manual overrides via the Nvidia Control Panel without effect. Flickering will occasionally stop happening for up to a few seconds at a time, but always quickly comes back.

I don't seem to have this issue in any other location in the game. The only thing I can think of that's significantly different is the number of characters/microtransactions on the screen at once.

System:
win10 enterprise v10.0.19042 Build 19042
nvidia geforce RTX 2080TI 12GB
i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
64GB memory
alienware AW3423DW monitor
1TB m.2 SSD for pagefile

Video of the flicker:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Afav-ykZ3ybef7V1b25INIbU6IeRQkrS/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps!
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 7:16:32 PM
still an issue in 3.20
Still in 3.21 - Under Settings - Graphics - Lighting: turning to Shadows (Default) instead of Shadows + Global Illumination fixes it though.
Last edited by Cleetus76 on Apr 21, 2023, 1:56:10 PM
still happening 3.22 lolll most of my screen if flickering either gray or black and it gets especially fucky when i open the heist storage cabinet
Happening for me too in 3.22, when out of a heist with alot of ppl in the area.

Im on default graphics settings and 2080 super with latest drivers.

as stated nothing seems to change the behaviour of the bugging/flickering.
quroN baby, quroN!
Having this problem as well. It almost always happens when there are a decent amount of players in the area, so I want to say it might have something to do with certain mtx effects that cause lighting. (The lighting setting doesn't help prevent this whether its set to shadows or shadows + illumination) It also causes certain item icons to flicker in the inventory/stash.

Would love a fix for this, or at the very least the ability to make the rogue harbor to be an instanced area instead of a town where other players appear, as this is never an issue when it's empty.
Like, I'm really happy I'm not photosensitive because this is some seizure nonsense.
Happens to me too. Pretty sure it's all the MTX. For the love of god, let me goto my own Heist harbor instance.
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
Happens to me too. Pretty sure it's all the MTX. For the love of god, let me goto my own Heist harbor instance.

This. This, this. All of this.
STILL AN ISSUE IN 3.23

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info