[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
zanosaur wrote:
"
evouga wrote:
"
zanosaur wrote:

hey mate, how do you craft the 8% incread explicit defence modifier magnitudes?

Spam tailoring orbs until you get lucky.

oh dam lol. theres no cheaper way to do it? >.<

There is no other way.

But here are more mods than just one 8% defenses that are good.
"
zanosaur wrote:
"
evouga wrote:
"
zanosaur wrote:

hey mate, how do you craft the 8% incread explicit defence modifier magnitudes?

Spam tailoring orbs until you get lucky.

oh dam lol. theres no cheaper way to do it? >.<

Even though there are about 75 different Tailoring Orb enchants, the pure "8% increased defense modifier magnitudes" one is about a 17-18% chance to hit, according to someone on Reddit who used 330 of them and recorded the results. So you should have a good shot at it with only 5 orbs. I think it took me 6?

There are a bunch of other hybrid Tailoring enchants that are "+X% def mod mag" plus another thing, but they're all around 0.5-2% chance and not worth chasing unless you're stupid rich.
"
Kateroze wrote:
Impressive craft!
How much do you sell it for?

I didn't craft the old one; I bought it weeks ago. Prices for something comparable are all over the map right now. Similar ones stat-wise seem to be anywhere from 40-75 Div, but would need some work to off-color the sockets and stuff. I'l happily let it be a hand-me-down to someone here for something at the bottom end of that range.
Hi! I recently respecced my hexblast miner to this build and generally having lots of fun, but I feel super squishy even in T16s.

I still need to finish leveling my gems and get some better rings, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas other than that. Should I recraft my chest/helmet, or did I mess something up? I have about another 50 div I can spend at the moment.

https://pobb.in/-aCX3FmtRdkR
I followed the guide you linked and crafted this bad boi. :D
Thanks for the advice!!!!

Last edited by Kateroze on Sep 9, 2024, 3:20:43 PM
"
Kateroze wrote:

Very nice! And in less than a day! Mind if I ask how many (few) times you failed the final recombination, and/or what your total spent was?
Last edited by Tithonia on Sep 9, 2024, 4:22:40 PM
"
Tithonia wrote:
"
Kateroze wrote:

Very nice! And in less than a day! Mind if I ask how many (few) times you failed the final recombination, and/or what your total spent was?

I got very very lucky. Recombinator kept the crab aspect when crafting the initial 4mods feed. I used eldrich annuls that left me with a 3mods feed. I started to alt spam a new base to get 2 new 1mod feeds but got a 2mods feed instead...
... but it was a magic item, unable to get "can have 3 crafted modifiers". I got bored and planed to regal then yolo annul. The regal gave me T1 int, lol.
Crafted exclusive mods then recombine the two 3mods feed with immediate success.

The whole process was around 20 div with tailoring orbs!
"
Cjin wrote:

It was fun while it lasted.

Guess you felt the thrill of the void.

What were the mods on the fatal puzzle box?
"
Kateroze wrote:
I got very very lucky. Recombinator kept the crab aspect when crafting the initial 4mods feed. I used eldrich annuls that left me with a 3mods feed. I started to alt spam a new base to get 2 new 1mod feeds but got a 2mods feed instead...
... but it was a magic item, unable to get "can have 3 crafted modifiers". I got bored and planed to regal then yolo annul. The regal gave me T1 int, lol.
Crafted exclusive mods then recombine the two 3mods feed with immediate success.

The whole process was around 20 div with tailoring orbs!

Wow, yeah. You got insanely lucky. Congrats!

The only luck I had with my effort was when I went to Sacred Orb the base stats on the finished piece. It came out of the Recombinator with something like 18% base defense rolls, and the first Sacred Orb made it much worse. The second one, however, rolled a 100%. That felt really good after failing Step 4 of the craft about a dozen times, several of which required extra effort (and a lot of extra currency) to salvage a worst-case outcome.
"
Careconcha wrote:
Hi! I recently respecced my hexblast miner to this build and generally having lots of fun, but I feel super squishy even in T16s.

I still need to finish leveling my gems and get some better rings, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas other than that. Should I recraft my chest/helmet, or did I mess something up? I have about another 50 div I can spend at the moment.

https://pobb.in/-aCX3FmtRdkR

You've taken the Charge Mastery wheel at the top of the tree too early. That's a Level-100 thing. You really, really want the Staff Mastery stuff over by your Brute Force Solution jewel, especially the "30% increased defenses while wielding a staff" mastery node. We take those nodes while we're still in Acts and keep them forever, because they provide a ton of raw defense and a good bit of block chance.

You've taken the One Step Ahead ascendancy node instead of Heartstopper. One Step Ahead is an endgame swap after you either pick up Heartstopper on Forbidden jewels, or are invincible enough without it.

Your body armor is missing the "6% increased attributes" crafted suffix. The extra Int will give you a chunk more ES, as well as boosting your damage and mana pool. See a few posts up for a link to a guide for a Recombinatable all-T1 body armor. (But go for either Dex or Resist instead of the linked guide's Spell Suppress. You have both on your current armor, and you're going to lose one to make room for the crafted suffix, so pick whichever one you can make up for elsewhere.)

Your helmet and gloves are perfectly serviceable. Could they be better? Sure. But they're fine.

Cheap things you can upgrade:

- You've taken the jewel sockets for the Forbidden jewels, but don't have anything in the sockets. Throw some cheap defensive jewels in there if you're not going to throw Ambush & Assassinate or Heartstopper jewels in them. Or at least some more Fertile Minds, if you can afford the Dex loss.
- Replace the Stun & Block Recovery on your flask with Reduced Effect of Curses
- Replace your Fertile Mind and Brute Force Solution jewels with ones that give +24 Int
Last edited by Tithonia on Sep 9, 2024, 10:41:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info