[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

We don't yet know how the Reflecting Mists will work this time. But I assume if they're good enough (i.e. 2.5x on positive mods) a reflected ring with an absurd amount of flat int becomes better than the synth base?
"
evouga wrote:
We don't yet know how the Reflecting Mists will work this time. But I assume if they're good enough (i.e. 2.5x on positive mods) a reflected ring with an absurd amount of flat int becomes better than the synth base?

Yes, if those are available again they will be better than synth rings.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 25, 2024, 8:58:22 PM
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
"
evouga wrote:
Some notes about map mods:

No Regen: technically doesn't brick the map because of mana recoup, but I consider Vaal Clarity almost mandatory for running no regen maps since running out of mana while traveling across the map or during boss invulnerability phases is so annoying. Also, in the very likely event you have an open prefix on a ring, you can craft "Channeling skills have -3 to total mana cost," allowing you to phase through packs of monsters with Cyclone even when completely out of mana.

No Leech: not a problem so long as you have enough DPS to continuously kill monsters. Bosses, Essence rares, red beasts, and tanky Expedition or Blight packs become a lot more dangerous and require hit-and-run tactics if you don't have the DPS to simply delete them.

Reduced Aura Effect: Even with pretty decent gear I'm only able to get around 50% elemental resistances without Purity of Elements or The Wise Oak. Reduced aura effect can thus be very dangerous in combination with damage mods as high amounts of it can uncap your elemental resists while also reducing your ES pool.

I am patiently waiting to see how the map runners feature will work, hoping the npcs are not affected by physical or elemental type of damage, because in that case, I know where my reflect maps will go instead of the guild stash to rot all league.

You can equip a Watcher's Eye with the following mod if you want to run elemental-reflect map:

(50-40)% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken while affected by Purity of Elements

When I had Mageblood last league, I used this flask instead:

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Can this build easily do ultimatium etc? all mods or so

Ultimatums are trivial with this build. They just take way too long to be worth your time.

My guild has 200+ Inscribed Ultimatum in the Stash after migration to Standard.
I ran 100+ yesterday and I failed twice to 'Protect the Altar' because the altar was destroyed.
As long as you keep moving, no mods have noticeable impact.

I was worried about Siphoning Monsters, Occasional Impotence, Stalking Ruin. But all are fine. Just remember to remove CWDT if there is Ailment and Curse Reflection.
I honestly tend have one of my atlas trees have Harvest and just try to change my reflect corrupted maps into another one.

Still, I wouldn't mind just throwing them at map runners.
I entered a Valdo's Puzzle Box submission for The Whispering Ice with a Celestial Amethyst Foil. It's pending approval and I don't know exactly how long it'll take to be in the game after it's approved, but this build has been my go-to for several leagues so I wanted to pay tribute in some way. Maybe one day, we'll get a chance to see a special foil version of this unique in the game (if your Valdo's Puzzle Box hits the map that will drop it)!
"
Asorcis wrote:
I entered a Valdo's Puzzle Box submission for The Whispering Ice with a Celestial Amethyst Foil. It's pending approval and I don't know exactly how long it'll take to be in the game after it's approved, but this build has been my go-to for several leagues so I wanted to pay tribute in some way. Maybe one day, we'll get a chance to see a special foil version of this unique in the game (if your Valdo's Puzzle Box hits the map that will drop it)!

How hard are the map mods :-)?
"
vbvan wrote:
"
Asorcis wrote:

How hard are the map mods :-)?

Hard enough to increase the potential that the map will show up by over 7000%. 😩
Has GGG released info of the new base type items?

Filterblade has items listed, but I am not 100% sure if I should believe they are right there.

New ES gloves has base ES of 90 (up form 57 of Sorcerer Gloves)

New ES helmet has base ES of 280??? (up form 92 of Hubris Circlet)

New ES/Evasion chest has base ES of 280 and Evasion of 1000 (up form 107/491 of Sadistic Garb)

They have requirement of 240int (not a problem) and body armour has also requirement of 240dex (might be a problem).

Edit. No they are not correct. Just placeholder values to get items sorted correctly.
Last edited by Cjin on Jul 26, 2024, 1:50:58 PM
Neversink is on the Alpha realm, and paid a stipend by GGG to maintain the filter. There's no reason to assume these numbers are incorrect beyond how absurdly high they seem.

That being said, the requirements are equally absurd (230/240 for related attributed on any given T1 base).

I'm curious if it's worth trying to make the 240 to eke out the new EVA/ES chest, since 1k EVA and 280 ES with multiplicative quality is going to be absolutely bonkers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info