[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
WinterHiko wrote:
If you skip the synth rings and simplex amulet, you'll be clearing Ubers on 30div budget.

I want to be wrong, but i really doubt you or anyone can do an Uber Searing Exarch on a 30 div budget on kelv setup, remember, just the forbiddens are about 20+ div each on league start split personalit are 5-7 each and the blanketed snow/cttc large cluster 3 div each.

If you way me that you can do with about 50+ divs maybe i can belive!

Earn 7 divines / hour with full equip is one thing, but barely naked with crap gear is another hystory.

And 7div/hour i think is abit over exagerated and this math not match with the reality.

Lets say you by a miracle you do 1 guardian map every 5 mins and you dont coz the build is slow. And have no time to rest or sell itens or port back. You do 12 maps/hour, that means you do 110c or more on average per map and it must be on raw currency, coz if you have to stop and trade you cant do it on time.

Beyond that you have the price of the maps/invitations, that isn't in the math and the time to buy it, if you buy in bulk will be more expensive...

If you say me that every 4-5 maps without any kind of luck involved you do 1 div profit i'll belive.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Dec 31, 2023, 4:06:49 PM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
If you skip the synth rings and simplex amulet, you'll be clearing Ubers on 30div budget.

I want to be wrong, but i really doubt you or anyone can do an Uber Searing Exarch on a 30 div budget on kelv setup, remember, just the forbiddens are about 20+ div each on league start.

Earn 30 divines with full equip is one thing, but barely naked with crap gear is another hystory.

I've never used Ambush and Assassinate. Too costly. I usually use Heartstopper and allocate One Step Ahead.

I farmed an entire Mageblood on a 30div setup last league, if you remove the synth rings. As they accounted for 10% of my DPS, not having them wouldn't have changed a thing. I posted the details earlier in the thread.

Here's my PoB from Kalandra, which had 600k average hit : https://pastebin.com/jL3RDRb6

It used Opportunistic as Forbidden jewels, which, in a regular league, cost about 8div (prices on theses jewels are simply ridiculous this league). It's still less damage than a current crit version that cost 20-30div. I was using a Kalandra reflected Uber Astramentis amulet, which is much worse than the 20div amulet. I wasn't using Nature's Patience, nor did I have Whispers of Doom as a anoint (was rocking Mystic Talent). Killed every Uber. Only Uber Sirus gave me trouble; I had to allocate Lethe Shade because of all the permanent degen.

So yes, it's quite doable on a super tight budget. You will not insta-delete ubers, though, you need to do mechanics and be prepared to lose some portals.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

And 7div/hour i think is abit over exagerated and this math not match with the reality.

Lets say you by a miracle you do 1 guardian map every 5 mins and you dont coz the build is slow. And have no time to rest or sell itens or port back. You do 12 maps/hour, that means you do 110c or more on average per map and it must be on raw currency, coz if you have to stop and trade you cant do it on time.

Beyond that you have the price of the maps/invitations, that isn't in the math and the time to buy it, if you buy in bulk will be more expensive...

If you say me that every 4-5 maps without any kind of luck involved you do 1 div profit i'll belive.

6-7div/hour is with selling, over 60-70 hours of grinding. It's a large sample size.

You don't clear the map when doing invitations. You kill Essence monsters and Cyclone to the boss. It's 8-10 rotations per hours, so four maps and the invitations every 6-8 minutes. Think about a map like Mesa : you're at the boss in under 10 seconds. You can delete map boss + Elderslayer in a minute.

In a regular league (this league's economy is completely weird), the cost is :

- 0.7div per 4 maps;
- 100C for an invitation;
- 8C for four maps' worth of Essence Kirac craft.

Total : About 1,2div.

Loot :

- Various essences (1-2div/hour);
- Half a Maven's Writ (0.6div)
- 6/10 of an invitation : 60C (this League I'm actually oversustaining for some reason);
- 1.10 Sirus sets (you can drop a fragment during the invitation) : 0.6div;
- Half a Cortex (0.5div);
- Various maps from bosses.

Total : 2.9div, plus Essences, plus maps, plus div cards, plus Conqueror orbs.

Math is there, that's at least 1.7div per rotation. Take a bit of time for selling and not being completely efficient.

This League, prices are completely bonkers. Maven's Writ are going for 2.5div, invitations for 0.8div and maps for 1.5div per set. I think it's even more profitable.
I buy blight maps from the trade website (T13+) and just do blight on league start. I make 2 div profit per hour. Atlas doesn't impact blight maps so I don't have to change atlas.

NOTE: Blight can be done with any build as long as you don't die from random projectiles so I would say when u reach maps and buy early mapping equipment for 30-50 chaos, that's the best time to do blight rather than pushing to T14 maps.
Last edited by gruumine on Dec 31, 2023, 5:19:08 PM
https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/KingOfCream/IceMyTip?i=29&search=uniqueitems%3DThe%2BWhispering%2BIce%26sort%3Ddps

Looking for any advice in the 5div range. I have some ideas but curious if I’m missing anything obvious?

Thanks
"
KingOfCream wrote:
https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/KingOfCream/IceMyTip?i=29&search=uniqueitems%3DThe%2BWhispering%2BIce%26sort%3Ddps

Looking for any advice in the 5div range. I have some ideas but curious if I’m missing anything obvious?

Thanks

Your tree is wrong. Your using Split personnalities, but not the wandering setup to maximize them. Check the PoB again to reallocate your tree. You'll get a big boost in intelligence that way.

You're running only one curse in the CWDT setup. You should put Frostbite in there, instead of having it on self-cast on your ring.

Quality the rest of your flasks.

Change suffixes on your two magic flasks. Elemental resistances is not reliable enough unless you're using it to overcap, in which case you're better off with reduced effect of curses to cover things like Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. As for your leech suffix, it doesn't do much, since you probably already hit cap naturally.

Switch Split Personnalities to +int +EV. It's a nice defensive boost while waiting for the budget to get +int +ES ones.

Get Natural Affinity. Big boost for 24C.

If you're running multiple rare jewels, there's no reason to skip over Corrupted Blood immunity.

Enlighten to add Hatred is a next logical step, but it's over 4div right now. Crazy that it's still so pricey.

Check if the alternate attributes mastery (int per mastery) would result in more damage without messing up your requirements.

Check quality on your gems. It makes a big difference. Remember that you can vendor a level 20 support gem with a Gemcutter's Prism to get a level 1 20% quality one. This does not work on skill gems anymore, only support gems! It does save a lot of currency.

Hope that helps!
That's another league done for me! Thanks again to Kelvynn for the original build :)

The primalist ascendency allowed for a lot of fun things this league, I personally chose to push the number of Auras we are running as far as I reasonably could. I managed to fit Herald of Ice at first for a bit better clear, which I later replaced with Zealotry to go all in on the Wildwood juiced rares.

Here's my final setup for anyone curious: https://pobb.in/iH4o-bZeT44V

Overall investment is ~300 divs, most of which was in the Simplex Base and could definitely be skipped. There's also a lot more potential upgrades (Better Watcher's Eye, Gloves with Temple Mod, etc.) which I just didn't get to before I was done with my challenges.

Let me know if you have questions on any of the weird choices I made :)
Last edited by ragebarr on Dec 31, 2023, 10:44:11 PM
Thanks Kelvynn for the build and the notes! The simplex amulet is crazy and I probably wont be able to get it lol.

It was fun changing to the Trickster this league after returning to the game in a long while and going back to this build.

League-started this 1 week into the start of the season, and managed to slowly make my way up to the 90s by clearing each map with empowered wisps (even on a budget build) and it was fun seeing natural divine drops.

Transited to the higher budget build but would love to have any comments if there is anything I could do better.
A well-rolled Le Heup of All with increased intelligence was really hard to replace (it was like 1 div, vs. 20 div for the synth base now), but thanks to the people in this forum for either giving me discounted prices, or even free base items to craft!

Am currently thinking of dropping Discipline to run Zealotry once I get my Enlighten support to level 3. (also thanks to a comment in this forum that it might be worth it, maybe, although losing 2k ES might be dangerous)
Am I being an idiot or is the 18% dps boost worth it?

My Current Stats: https://pobb.in/vVM_roF4IV1C
I would honestly keep Discipline. 2k ES is too important to drop. The build already does enough damage to kill Ubers, that 18% more damage will probably not feel the same as that 2k ES. Remember you not only lose the ehp pool, but also a bunch of leech, due to the cap per second being a percentage of your total ES.

All in all, it's not a bad choice. The build is relatively modular and if you prefer more damage at the cost of defense, you can try it out for yourself. You can swap Discipline back in anytime anyway, so you don't have to commit.
Hello everyone. I'd like to ask for advice how to switch to cluster jewels. Will be using the budged build version and noticed some of the nodes have to be removed (Cold mastery, Colhead Calc, etc). How to do this and add jeweles without bricking the build? Should I wait for few levels until I got all the points required to finish the entire cluster circle at once or may add nodes gradualy whith levels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info