[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:
well really hate them for removing prophecy to get unique by 1 chance orb xD
i was lucky with my main staff ~100
but second 1.2k+

Want to bet there was a secret hotfix by GGG that reduced the chance to chance a WI staff once Chris saw all of the posts about the killer ones?

Think about it -- there's only ONE vile staff unique -- why should it be that hard to chance?

Don't think there is, I made my first staff when imprints costed about half a divine. It took around 2k tries. I made the second one just yesterday night and this one took around 2-2.5k tries as well. As far as I can tell, with average luck it shouldn't take much more than that. My research on t2 unique roll weights also confirms this. Don't give up guys. Gamblers always quit before hitting big :-)
This OP staffs must be crafted as personal achievement, coz they are unecessary and must represent less then 20% more damage in the end. So dont rush, be resilient... The league is on 2nd week yet. You have a long time to expend chancing it!

For you that are reading and is casual player, dont worry, i made all the endgame content including all ubers just using this low budget staffs below:

so you can do too!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Apr 21, 2023, 3:07:35 AM
Hey Kelvyn,

I think you should change your "Upgrade guide" in post 3.

Synthesized Rings are always very expensive, and many other things like Helmet, Split Personalities or better Clusters should come before that.

I think the way it is now confuses many inexperienced players spending a lot of currency for gains not worth it yet until you really minmaxing. I'd put it down to 9 or 10.

What do you think?
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
eran321 wrote:
hi, i built this build on my char, my profile should be open for you to see it.
Idk why but I feel very weak, any keypoints that my build is missing? Im pretty tanky with ES but no dmg especially single target
(Im abit low level but still, I feel weak at maps 8-12 even)

Coralito's flask is killing your damage!

any thing else big dmg wise im missing?
"
Necro_42739 wrote:
Hey Kelvyn,

I think you should change your "Upgrade guide" in post 3.

Synthesized Rings are always very expensive, and many other things like Helmet, Split Personalities or better Clusters should come before that.

I think the way it is now confuses many inexperienced players spending a lot of currency for gains not worth it yet until you really minmaxing. I'd put it down to 9 or 10.

What do you think?

I just pointed out the same thing, but the guide does explicitly (and accurately) point out the price hike issue so there is no chance for confusion. The timeline for it is also mentioned, so players know what to expect.

The upgrade order is a suggestion, not a strict requirement. The only prerequisite items, the boots and ammy, are at the top and clearly pointed out as such. They are soft prerequisites too, not strictly necessary for the build to work - just super highly recommended QoL and easy to get.

I have praised this guide and the gear upgrade path in particular before, it is really well written and simple at the same time. While it doesn't assume a player that is completely new to PoE, anyone who knows the basics can follow the guide easily and do very well indeed as long as they don't stray from what's written.

PoB will tell you everything else you need.
"
Devilator wrote:

I just pointed out the same thing, but the guide does explicitly (and accurately) point out the price hike issue so there is no chance for confusion. The timeline for it is also mentioned, so players know what to expect.

The upgrade order is a suggestion, not a strict requirement. The only prerequisite items, the boots and ammy, are at the top and clearly pointed out as such. They are soft prerequisites too, not strictly necessary for the build to work - just super highly recommended QoL and easy to get.

Well I know that the post informs about the price hike, but "1 Div early in the league" propably means Day1/2. Most of the average playerbase aren't at Maps that early or have that early Divines. We are 14 days in and they are 6 Divines now? Which could still considered "early" for the average player.

If someone feels hitting a brickwall these 12 Divines farmt and spent doesn't help and I think that could demotivate newer players.

I'm not talking about myself or that the upgrade progression is wrong in any way. I just think some confusion could easily be eleminated by placing them lower.
"
kasar_dobi wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:
well really hate them for removing prophecy to get unique by 1 chance orb xD
i was lucky with my main staff ~100
but second 1.2k+

Want to bet there was a secret hotfix by GGG that reduced the chance to chance a WI staff once Chris saw all of the posts about the killer ones?

Think about it -- there's only ONE vile staff unique -- why should it be that hard to chance?

Don't think there is, I made my first staff when imprints costed about half a divine. It took around 2k tries. I made the second one just yesterday night and this one took around 2-2.5k tries as well. As far as I can tell, with average luck it shouldn't take much more than that. My research on t2 unique roll weights also confirms this. Don't give up guys. Gamblers always quit before hitting big :-)

That's bullshit, you have size sample of 2. Meanwhile I am at 5k chance orbs and nothing.
Sorry just wanted to clarify:
Are both CWDT support gems supposed to be level 1? Your guide shows one at level 1 and one at level 20, I'm not sure in which role one is supposed to be 20.
"
Luigi90 wrote:
Sorry just wanted to clarify:
Are both CWDT support gems supposed to be level 1? Your guide shows one at level 1 and one at level 20, I'm not sure in which role one is supposed to be 20.

The Immortal call one is the one at 20 bc you don't want to procc it all the time. (Only against big hits)
I’m curious, if i wanted to go for a double influenced helm with the nearby enemies have - to cold res and %int, would i be better off going for a hubris or would a blizzard crown end up being better at that point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info