I purchased a bidet

I've had it for about 24 hours and I've tried it twice. It's interesting because it does honestly clean you better than I thought it would, but I'm still using more toilet paper than I wanted because of wetness, though I'm sure this will lessen with experience.

If anyone is on the fence about it, I think it's a good investment.

Ended up going with the BB2000 after a fair amount of research. I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first time ever using a bidet, but it seems pretty good.

This is actually only the second bidet I've ever seen in my life(in person). The first one was a cheap non-electric one at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, I've no idea who would be brave enough to use that one.
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2022, 1:59:27 PM
Ditch the toilet paper and use a towel.

The original French bidets in the days before they became electrified and over-complicated were really good too.

😹😹😹😹😹
🪲🪲🪲🪲🪲
I have some friends who are adamant about their poop towels.
Украина в моём сердце
Poop towels make sense, I'll most likely do this.

That sentence out of context.
Poop towels

I have nothing to add but just had to type poop towel.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Quick, everybody spread badsay about Toiletpaper clogging the canalisation and producing a huge backwipe on nature before the pooptowel in every household business idea runs out of fashion.

Nature can´t handle 17grams/m² of N , so how could it handle a single additional sheet of fluffy soft beloved paper that got digested in a fermentationtank and then spread around the country.

Just add a picture of the globe getting slowly wrapped in paper under the headline.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
somebody owes a superchat (kinda inside joke)

that being said, whoever thought it was the best idea to use dry thin paper products to clean the poop off your anus....must have been a marketing genius, cause that sounds like the worst possible solution i could think of.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Poop towels

I have nothing to add but just had to type poop towel.

We are still having TP shortages here in Oz so poop towel might not be off the table. I had a house guest these past few days and oh boy when you're rationing TP does that make a difference. Oh and did I mention I have fun chronic gut issues? Because that too. We joke about poop towels and our hose-head shower but...eh, it's not always a joke.

I'd probably never get a bidet mainly because right now the funds and effort to do anything reno-wise with my bathroom is beyond justification but I kind of wish we lived in a timeline where they were the global standard rather than just in certain cultures. Sitting toilets are fucking stupid. They're against nature, do not promote good bowel movements, and then you basically have this tiny barrier between the excrement and your hands in the form of wadded bible pages. Squatting is far better but hygienically a bit of a question mark. In that light, bidets seem to be a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. I get their efficiency and efficacy, but I also know that dvorak keyboards are both more efficient and efficacious than qwerty but sometimes you just get used to bad design and using 'good' design is too much effort to learn. Actually, more than sometimes. I believe that's basically the cliff notes version of what happened with Linux.

This is interesting:

https://www.businessinsider.com/bidets-better-than-using-just-toilet-paper-2019-9

Maybe the bidet is the Linux of human waste disposal. Poop towels would then perhaps be Windows Phone.

But as someone who was forced to use a colostomy bag for a few years, I can tell you they're the gold standard for shut-ins. I loved being able to eat dinner in front of the tv and take a nice shit at the same time. ^_^
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"

We are still having TP shortages here in Oz so poop towel might not be off the table. I had a house guest these past few days and oh boy when you're rationing TP does that make a difference. Oh and did I mention I have fun chronic gut issues? Because that too. We joke about poop towels and our hose-head shower but...eh, it's not always a joke.

I'd probably never get a bidet mainly because right now the funds and effort to do anything reno-wise with my bathroom is beyond justification but I kind of wish we lived in a timeline where they were the global standard rather than just in certain cultures. Sitting toilets are fucking stupid. They're against nature, do not promote good bowel movements, and then you basically have this tiny barrier between the excrement and your hands in the form of wadded bible pages. Squatting is far better but hygienically a bit of a question mark. In that light, bidets seem to be a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. I get their efficiency and efficacy, but I also know that dvorak keyboards are both more efficient and efficacious than qwerty but sometimes you just get used to bad design and using 'good' design is too much effort to learn. Actually, more than sometimes. I believe that's basically the cliff notes version of what happened with Linux.

This is interesting:

https://www.businessinsider.com/bidets-better-than-using-just-toilet-paper-2019-9

Maybe the bidet is the Linux of human waste disposal. Poop towels would then perhaps be Windows Phone.

But as someone who was forced to use a colostomy bag for a few years, I can tell you they're the gold standard for shut-ins. I loved being able to eat dinner in front of the tv and take a nice shit at the same time. ^_^

The ideal would be two separate stations in the toilet room. One for squatting and another for the bidet.

I used to do lots of backpacking in my younger days. I noticed how much easier and nicer squatting was back then. I went to Taiwan for a month recently and enjoyed their toilets at floor level. My wife is from Taiwan. She said it can be hard to get used to the chair height western toilet if you're used to the more natural way. She said she even tried standing on the toilet and squatting there sometimes after first moving to the USA.

That reminds me of an episode at work. I worked in a facility with about two thousand employees and many restrooms. There was a problem that they had problems solving. Someone was pooping on the floor of the women's restroom occasionally. When I heard that I knew it was probably being done by someone that had to squat to get there bowels moving. I had some fun teasing the facilities manager about feeling sorry for the person or maybe having to put cameras in the bathroom stalls. He thought my jokes were not funny at all. Which, of course, made it even more fun for me.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 23, 2022, 8:10:00 PM
"
I loved being able to eat dinner in front of the tv and take a nice shit at the same time. ^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info