"
Xhoras wrote:
"
Nyghthawk wrote:
"
Xhoras wrote:
Okay so updates... a lil more grinding blight and now im almost there

https://pastebin.com/R7WCXSZe

just need to craft whispers and im super close i hope.

I think its cheaper to just buy the oil you need for the craft.

Im just farming currency. stack decks alone net me 80++ divs

Wish I could get that much div's lol
<weird double post removed>
Last edited by t0lkien on Feb 12, 2023, 5:22:28 AM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Me again and sorry for being a P.I.T.A.
Would it be beneficial for me to drop Whispers of Doom which would free up 4 points so i could open another jewel slot and use an Unnatural instinct jewel?
Or any other logical upgrades i could do? I would be dropping the despair flask.
Or is dropping despair a backward step?
Thanks for your patience and help once again.

I'm not sure I can say much that is useful. However, for what it's worth:

1. Unnatural Instinct in this build is only worthwhile in the slot it's used in. You can't just put the jewel anywhere as it has a very specific function, and it's value is determined by the nodes around it. For your build, you'd have to look at where you can put it and calculate the effect to know if it's worthwhile, but I don't think it can be effective anywhere but in the slot where you currently have your Watcher's Eye.

2. Dropping Whispers of Doom and putting it on your amulet instead would mean a fairly big DPS drop I think (because you lose Corruption). 4 skill points for Whispers is a bit of a waste though IMO. If you did swap it over, I think you'd have to transition to a cluster jewel version (see next point) to make it worthwhile.

3. The next logical improvement would probably be to start running some cluster jewels. It's likely you could use the same ones this build uses, but you'd have to check it in PoB to make sure as some of your items are different (and I know you don't PoB). If you were following a build guide at some point, maybe check out what they did.
Last edited by t0lkien on Feb 12, 2023, 10:22:09 AM
Thanks for the reply tolkien. I didn't find your guide until late in league so i simply used POE ninja builds and used what i thought were good nodes without opting to cluster jewels for now. Interesting to note that a month ago most ninja builds were using "The covenant" and now the majority are using "The Brass Dome". Very few are using "Replica Farrul's fur".
Build probably does sufficient damage so opting to brass dome to give more defense is maybe a good option.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Interesting to note that a month ago most ninja builds were using "The covenant" and now the majority are using "The Brass Dome". Very few are using "Replica Farrul's fur".

Yeah Farrul's Fur is really only for if you double down on Frenzy Charges. This build is built completely around them - tree nodes, gloves, boots, Forbidden jewels, ring implicits etc. If you don't have all the pieces in place though, it doesn't work.

"
Build probably does sufficient damage so opting to brass dome to give more defense is maybe a good option.

In PoE, there is no such thing as enough damage! I'm actually annoyed at the DoT cap now that is keeping us at 41 million DPS (with Cull).
Last edited by t0lkien on Feb 12, 2023, 9:35:54 PM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
insp_deck wrote:
Thanks alot for the build. Im trying to make transiton from maydie13's. Can you please comment my build? I have about 5m dps. Also Im completely noob, it is my third league.
I want to go speed and dps. What should be my next steps?
Thanks!

I will look at his soon and update with any suggestions here. It's tricky, because half your gear is relevant, and half is not. That means you have quite a few changes to make to get the most out of the build.

UPDATE: It's been a while since you posted your question. If you repost your current PoB in your comment, I'll take a look at it. Not much point giving pointers on an outdated version :)

Greetings! Yes there are some updates. https://pobb.in/_jmbpVMLHcYB
Patiently waiting for yor reply.
"
insp_deck wrote:

The main issue I see is that your itemization currently doesn't take full advantage of the Frenzy charges the build generates. There are a few other tweaks you can make:

Upgrade Suggestions

1. You need to get a pair of Snakebite gloves with Curse Enemies with Temporal Chains on Hit on them (you can get a double curse version with +1 Maximum Frenzy Charges as well, but they are expensive and rare). These gloves are a huge DPS boost.

2. Once you have the gloves, change your amulet enchant to Whispers of Doom, so you can run the additional curse.

3. You should also get a pair of Darkray Vectors Dragonscale Boots with +1 Maximum Endurance Charges implicit if possible (though not immediately necessary). You will only need the implicit if you eventually upgrade your Farrul's Fur to the Replica version, otherwise just get a decently rolled pair.

4. Find a rare shield with as close to +15 Chance to Block, 20+ Chance to Suppress Spell Damage, a decent life roll, and at least one high elemental resist roll. That alone will be tough now (though I have one I'm going to craft soon). The ideal is to get all that AND an empty Prefix so you can slam 1% Increased Damage per 1% Chance to Block Attack Damage onto it for a significant damage boost.

5. Get a Sanctified Relic from the league mechanice and slam Resolute Technique on it (see the main post for details). Then drop all your accuracy nodes and use them elsewhere (again, see Update section of the main post).

6. You can get versions of your rings with +1 Maximum Frenzy Charges implicits on them, though you will have to balance Increased Frenzy Charge Duration as well (see my rings).

7. You should improve your amulet and belt (see mine).

8. To do all that you will probably need to get a different rare Jewel with Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency on it, and if possible Gain Energy Shield per Enemy Hit with Attacks as well.

This build is constructed around Frenzy Charges. The more you can get, and the more items that grant bonuses for them, the better off you will be. The theoretical maximum is 11 this league (I think), though I only have 10 currently as the last +1 Charge requires a particular sanctified relic that refuses to drop for me.
Last edited by t0lkien on Feb 13, 2023, 2:44:51 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
insp_deck wrote:

The main issue I see is that your itemization currently doesn't take full advantage of the Frenzy charges the build generates. There are a few other tweaks you can make:

Upgrade Suggestions

1. You need to get a pair of Snakebite gloves with Curse Enemies with Temporal Chains on Hit on them (you can get a double curse version with +1 Maximum Frenzy Charges as well, but they are expensive and rare). These gloves are a huge DPS boost.

2. Once you have the gloves, change your amulet enchant to Whispers of Doom, so you can run the additional curse.

3. You should also get a pair of Darkray Vectors Dragonscale Boots with +1 Maximum Endurance Charges implicit if possible (though not immediately necessary). You will only need the implicit if you eventually upgrade your Farrul's Fur to the Replica version, otherwise just get a decently rolled pair.

4. Find a rare shield with as close to +15 Chance to Block, 20+ Chance to Suppress Spell Damage, a decent life roll, and at least one high elemental resist roll. That alone will be tough now (though I have one I'm going to craft soon). The ideal is to get all that AND an empty Prefix so you can slam 1% Increased Damage per 1% Chance to Block Attack Damage onto it for a significant damage boost.

5. Get a Sanctified Relic from the league mechanice and slam Resolute Technique on it (see the main post for details). Then drop all your accuracy nodes and use them elsewhere (again, see Update section of the main post).

6. You can get versions of your rings with +1 Maximum Frenzy Charges implicits on them, though you will have to balance Increased Frenzy Charge Duration as well (see my rings).

7. You should improve your amulet and belt (see mine).

8. To do all that you will probably need to get a different rare Jewel with Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency on it, and if possible Gain Energy Shield per Enemy Hit with Attacks as well.

This build is constructed around Frenzy Charges. The more you can get, and the more items that grant bonuses for them, the better off you will be. The theoretical maximum is 11 this league (I think), though I only have 10 currently as the last +1 Charge requires a particular sanctified relic that refuses to drop for me.

Thanks alot for you reply! I got it. And about the sanctified relic, is it drops in the end of sanctum?
"
insp_deck wrote:
And about the sanctified relic, is it drops in the end of sanctum?

Yes, though they can drop generally in the Sanctum as well. I believe at least one is guaranteed at the end.
Hi - need a little (or maybe a lot) help with putting this build together in Standard (yes you read that right). It's more expensive of course, but that's a different challenge.

I'm trying to follow the 24m dps build (with Unnatural Instinct, Temp Chains + 2 Rings of Nostalgia). I've all the gems and most of the gear (the uniques anyway). If I've configured PoB correctly I'm sitting at around 7m dps, which seems to be low dps. Also seem to be a bit brittle atm.

I know there are things to improve on gear and for resistances.

I can get the Chaos resistance over 75 by activating Student of Decay but I don't have the points to allocate right now. Is there something on the tree I could deallocate 2 pts of temporarily without further impacting the build (I could get a ring with slightly more chaos res but there isn't anything on the marker as good as or better than I have) to apply it ?

Does the buckler mod +1 inc. dmg boost dps a significant amount. It's 8 div for one with an open prefix in standard (without any resistance on the shield too so i'd have to make up 10% lightning resistance somewhere else)

I'll get an Unnatural instinct with 5% AoE, but it'll hurt at 8 div (that's Standard for you).

I want to swap and boost the belt and amulet properties.
Strength on the belt (plus aspect of the Cat) and some resistance(s).

For the amulet, Intelligence instead of the strength values, plus the +1 to chaos gems and mana reduction in mana costs, or should I go for the additional AoE mod instead of mana reduction to get my Aoe radius to 21 (the helmet alone would get me to AoE of 22 but I don't have 40 div for the enchant on it).

The resistances are hard to get capped. I can try to get as much as possible on the gear and make up the difference with jewels maybe.

I'll anoint an amulet with Sovreignty once Ihave the right properties on the amulet.

Oh and I can run HoA, PoE, Determination and Clarity (for the boost from Watcher's eye) but nothing else. I can't fit in Haste and/or Grace auras (not even the non-Vaal versions). Is this ok or should I be running with either or both of these active as well ?

It's been a fun, though very slow and expensive process getting this build going but I want to make it happen, so any tips and tricks on how to further improve things (DPS, survivability and resistance wise) would be greatly appreciated !

My current PoB looks like this - https://pastebin.com/jVPPZr45

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info