Game crashes my whole computer since new patch

I launched the game through Geforce Experience. No crashing yet. Will update post if it crashes.

Update: Still NO crashes when launching game through Geforce Experience instead of steam. I relaunched the game a few times just to check and still no crashes.

Update 2: restarted the PC. loaded up POE. after a couple crashes to the desktop it finally crashed my whole computer again. this is all pretty fucked
Last edited by james115511 on Jul 10, 2022, 3:21:33 PM
Installed windows 10 to test that out. It is still crashing the PC.
"
james115511 wrote:
Installed windows 10 to test that out. It is still crashing the PC.

then you have a hardware issue on your pc. Either because some settings in bios or windows / incorrect drivers / PSU not powerfull enough / GPU unstable / CPU unstable / Ram unstable......
Then it has to be a very specific interaction between path of exile and my hardware. I played Elden Ring and dozens of other games which should put more stress on my hardware than POE. This is the only game that causes it to happen.
Last edited by james115511 on Jul 11, 2022, 1:35:47 PM
"
james115511 wrote:
Then it has to be a very specific interaction between path of exile and my hardware. I played Elden Ring and dozens of other games which should put more stress on my hardware than POE. This is the only game that causes it to happen.

welcome to the world of "zero" optimized code / homemade code, that has a VERY high toll on PC hardware and is very sensitive to hardware issues.......

Other games buy (license) their enigine for millions of $$. GGG didn't have that kind of money and this is why everything is "home coded" with all the problems this gives.

I can't tell you what the problem is, but my guild leader and I are now on our 3 PC since we started playing PoE and we never had these issue unless there was a HW issue (my guild leaders ram was bad so he crashed alot. After that was fixed, then all ok).

However we do ALOT of research before new HW is bought so we know that it works properly together and how to set it up.
Just look at the nVidia 3000 series lunch and how many GPU Vendors that had "skipped corners" when producing their cards and how unstable they were in the beginning.....
Update: I downloaded the game yesterday after not playing it on my PC for a few months. Works fine now. Played for a couple hours. I assume something got patched either with POE or NVidia.
The problems you get are a combination of the conflict between nVidia, AMD, Intel and Microsoft and several thousand versions of what it means to have a 'Personal Computer'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info