At least Blizzard has a public image that is well-known. No one outside of actual PoE players knows much about GGG at all.

Which is to say, it's probably easier to repair a damaged image than it is to create one, especially with the fact that GGG are owned by Tencent, a company with more than its share of metaphorical blood on its hands.

And curiously, that description of the 'old, decrepit king' seems to fit PoE far more than any Diablo game these days. Diablo 3 long ago gave up that crown and settled into its role of lightweight fantasy action game. PoE is almost certainly the unambiguous king of ARPGs right now, and it's showing serious signs of dilapidation and complacency.

Should GGG directly fear Blizzard damaging them with Diablo 4? Probably not. People who are committed to Path of Exile for what it does won't find satisfaction with any other game, because no other developer has any interest in replicating what PoE does (not even Eleventh Hour Games). But will Diablo 4, if it delivers on what it's promising so far, represent the sort of game a lot of disenfranchised PoE players might find attractive? Likely.

I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
but I will admit I am wrong should it turn out to be such.

i dont rly see what right and wrong has to do with it, why would anyone invest into an opinion on a future game in such a way? the game will either be good or it will suck, we will know when it releases.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's weird how people cause themselves so much pain and deprivation just be being stubborn and investing feelings into the success or failure of someone else's work

i dont see anyone here doing that.

im about paragon 1000 in the current diablo 3 season i think, i played it for a couple of evenings. why would i invest anything emotionally into wanting d4 to fail? why would i want it to fail at all? equally why would i invest anything emotionally into hoping its a great success when theyre such a catastrophe of a company who gets so much wrong?

its a game, i love the genre and the franchise, of course i hope its a good game cause i want a good game to play. im not gonna get emotional about it either way.

are you talking about your own feelings here?

The game being good, or sucking, is almost entitely subjective anyways. For example most of the people on these boards think D3 sucks. Which I am clearly not in agreement. I think D3 is very good. I still play the seasons without fail. Its one of best selling games ever (even post RoS, so take the D2 coat-tails arguement behind the shed).

D4 will undoubtedly be "good" in terms of combat, polish, progression. It's also the Diablo universe. Whether it holds up to those standards in rentention post-endgame with live service, that is probably the biggest question.

And yeah, for the sake of arguement, I dont know how you can speak for anyone else's feelings? Many folks, especially the Gen X /Early Millennilas, will definitely have an emotional tie to Diablo. We all want a great, authentic, nostalgic, Diablo experience, with next-gen tech and appeal.

*Side note. I'm also very curious about these "never Blizzard" content creators when D4 comes out next year. Are they really not going to play or stream it? Or what sort of mental gymnastics will ensue over the next 10-12 months. I'll believe it when it see it.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
It's a very good demo of a game but it doesn't have any features that would make you want to play it beyond Hell 2. I'll probably be shelving it myself once I hit 30 and get a 4-piece set. I'll try it again once they allow class switches (with no shared progression it had better be free....)

With the paragon catchup mechanic and lukewarm daily rewards the game practically begs you *NOT* to play it.

Just recently learned that Paragon levels are capped by Server Paragon level.

This would mean if you're one of the top Paragon players you would get less exp if beyond server paragon level, making the grind unbearable.

I think this is also a reason why people left the game for at least a few weeks.

Server Paragon level can be checked in the character screen. There is a green bar.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

*Side note. I'm also very curious about these "never Blizzard" content creators when D4 comes out next year. Are they really not going to play or stream it? Or what sort of mental gymnastics will ensue over the next 10-12 months. I'll believe it when it see it.

ya, like why do it to yourself?

most people in the west live in countries that fund/arm wars, regardless of what blizzard does and the crappy ways some of their employees have treated each other, the awful predatory game mechanics in DI, it doesnt compare to dropping bombs on cities which the taxes we pay our governments every day contribute to. how far can you really take moral stances when we live in the world we live in?

i wont play DI, but at the very least D4 will have a campaign that will be entertaining. it would have to have some horrendous p2w garbage like DI for me to consider not at least playing it. overwatch is great, i play it, i will play ow2, i still play d3, i will almost certainly play d4.

lifes too short to get too caught up in moral grandstanding for your own egos sake. at some point your principals have to find a way to adapt to reality, cause you only live once, its all in your head and ultimately no one else cares.

"
elesham4ever wrote:
...GGG has nothing to worry about. What a terrible, sorry, sad, pathetic attempt at a dungeon crawler.

Don't hate on something because you can't afford it...

-Cheers :P
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
It's a very good demo of a game but it doesn't have any features that would make you want to play it beyond Hell 2. I'll probably be shelving it myself once I hit 30 and get a 4-piece set. I'll try it again once they allow class switches (with no shared progression it had better be free....)

With the paragon catchup mechanic and lukewarm daily rewards the game practically begs you *NOT* to play it.

Just recently learned that Paragon levels are capped by Server Paragon level.

This would mean if you're one of the top Paragon players you would get less exp if beyond server paragon level, making the grind unbearable.

I think this is also a reason why people left the game for at least a few weeks.

Server Paragon level can be checked in the character screen. There is a green bar.

Bliz missed this oportunity, they could have made the paragon cap based on you guild instead of server.

Could of sold more stuff like guild capacity, paying to invite etc
Most ppl complaining are pc gamers "or" phone gamers. While i have a lvl 2 in diablo immortal, i like the fact you can play your pc char on a phone.

Most people are missing the point of crossplatform devices, modern design is about giving your fent needle from anywhere to keep you addicted, because you can.

I used to disagree with republicans, calling out video games, but now seeing what they saw forecoming i cant disagree.

Dopamine comes from reaction when you think you are correct, fueled the fire on this one, even though it was created from ignorance.

Still playing it but not as much as in the beginning as F2P, without paying one cent. Barb is my only character and i dont think i will make any secondary characters yet.
Have paragon 41 and around 1.4K CR, still missing my 4th set bonus. My gem levels are obviously low level but anything else of my gear relatively good as F2P.

I have to agree that its heavily P2W if you care about PvP , challenge rift leaderboards and maybe Vaults vs whale immortals but anything else you can easily keep with the majority of players like raids,dungeons, hidden lairs, overworld farming, shadow war (to some extent).

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 30, 2022, 5:34:09 PM
its a nice game, seriously

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info