consoles start a week after pc, AND 4 hours later in day?

"
Bleu42 wrote:

What you're failing to understand is a league content update is not ready for either PC or console approval until extremely close to the set PC launch date

What you are seemingly unable to understand is that GGG sets those dates. Sony and MS literally dont care what date/time the patching is. Who responsibility is it in your view if they are "not ready"?

That is why I said it's entirely up to GGG to beign with. You disputed this, when it's not true. If GGG wanted, they could could in fact have a universal release. Its by choice, whether that's due to their development schedule or whatever else that I dont really care about.

If you really think it's not possible I dont know how you can explain the fact that most other developers do this as a standard practice.

Edit: Or we can move on as you suggest. The reality is I'm playing games from Devs that do this all the time, so whatever. I'm not sure what the advantage is to be apologizing for GGG, but you do you.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 18, 2022, 2:53:19 PM
-
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Last edited by oldmunchi on May 18, 2022, 2:56:33 PM
"
kuciol wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Of course. All launches and patches are date driven (and even region time release) by the developer, not Sony or MS. Its why in almost all cases, there are no staggered launches, or seasons, even by platform, for basically any game I can think of.

All GGG has to do is get the approval in advance of whatever date they want. The staggered console/PC launch is entirely planned by GGG. The reasons, I'm definitely speculating, but the timing is definitely not something beyond their control.

The only way to do that would be to postpone PC launch for a week. Warframe has the same delay for consoles.

No, it would require GGG to better approach their dates for all platforms. No self respecting company is making changes right up to the release date.

And, console gets doubly screwed because once GGG start their post live patching, console never catches up. For example, we go live tonight with a version already 3 patches behind.
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
kuciol wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Of course. All launches and patches are date driven (and even region time release) by the developer, not Sony or MS. Its why in almost all cases, there are no staggered launches, or seasons, even by platform, for basically any game I can think of.

All GGG has to do is get the approval in advance of whatever date they want. The staggered console/PC launch is entirely planned by GGG. The reasons, I'm definitely speculating, but the timing is definitely not something beyond their control.

The only way to do that would be to postpone PC launch for a week. Warframe has the same delay for consoles.

No, it would require GGG to better approach their dates for all platforms. No self respecting company is making changes right up to the release date.

And, console gets doubly screwed because once GGG start their post live patching, console never catches up. For example, we go live tonight with a version already 3 patches behind.

Your reply doesn't prove wrong what he just said, which is factually correct. The only way to have a simultaneous launch is to delay the PC patch, which you yourself actually help prove by pointing out the old patch console will be launching with.

This has been my entire point. If you believe GGG shouldn't work on such a tight 13 week schedule where they're iterating on it right up until launch, then have THAT discussion.
Console peasants are rising!!!!!!! They even moved the topic.
I don't think GGG really care any for consoles tbh. The console is not there pride and joy. They just supported to attract more players that would spend $$ on micro. I myself have spent quite enough $$ on PC and console ps4. but for them to have 2 separate release dates is all on GGG.

glad they added controller support for PC but trade is so outdated on PC. If you not willing to spend over 40c people wont even mess with you 3/4 of the time. might as well just have ssf leagues and drop trade all together.

As for the 4 hours later release time. again on GGG. I agree it should be the same time as pc release time, but hey they are convinced only kids play on console I guess.
"
Bleu42 wrote:

This has been my entire point. If you believe GGG shouldn't work on such a tight 13 week schedule where they're iterating on it right up until launch, then have THAT discussion.

Omg…. Saying that PC gets “delayed” to have them on the same tract is laughable. Companies do this for many of their titles. It can be done, GGG chooses not to - pure and simple.
Last edited by JoeUtopia on May 18, 2022, 5:27:12 PM
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Omg…. Saying that PC gets “delayed” to have them on the same tract is laughable. Companies do this for many of their titles. It can be done, GGG chooses not to - pure and simple.

If you didn't clip the first part of my reply, then you'd understand what I've been saying. I know that you didn't actually read what I wrote based on your very first sentence, because I've never once said that.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

If you didn't clip the first part of my reply, then you'd understand what I've been saying. I know that you didn't actually read what I wrote based on your very first sentence, because I've never once said that.

I did and frankly your stance is absurd. You are attempting to defend GGG, by implying that MS/Sony requirements for submission in some affect their timeline. If MS/Sony takes x days to cert, then surely GGG knows that and then GGG should plan for it. Again, as many other titles do with simultaneous lives.

The only reason, that I can think of, for the later delay is that GGG always has hot fixes at live or soon after (which is a whole different topic) and each cert for console costs money. Console never (since I have been back) gets the patches and updates on the fly as PC - we always have to wait for a bundle of them - at usually a much later date.

Bottom line, their treatment of the console community is ver sub par.
I doubt GGG will stop working on a league until the minute it starts on PC so what I would like is moving the console launch to the following Friday, same hour as the PC launch was. That way it feels like a proper launch weekend instead of this staggered weird thing where I could stay up until 2AM to play a little bit, or be sensible and just go to sleep/work/do whatever and start in the evening but with half the hype of a fresh league launch.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info