Brand New Computer - Hard Crash/Lockup

Update -- Did a little testing!

It doesn't matter what things I am, or am not running with POE. It doesn't matter if POE is minimized, higher/lower graphics, doesn't matter if i'm using awakened POE trade, OR, zero programs at all EXCEPT POE.

nothing effects POE and it's hardlock / crashing issue. It's crashing is an inevitable, regardless of what i'm doing, what programs i'm running, or if i'm just afk -- crash crash crash, 100% of the time it's a PC hardlock

POE Will eventually crash, hardlocking my PC so badly the tower must be manually hard-reset (hold power button), however it was so bad once had to unplug it from the wall...

This will FIRST happen after an hour of gameplay or less -- Then it will chain crash every 2-3 minutes

Sadly, this type of crash first happened for me in 3.16, and it was so bad the game was literally unplayable, crashing every few minutes (needing to hard reset the PC every single time) -- And again, it was once frozen so badly not even the power button would shut down the PC, I had to physically remove the power plug from the wall socket....

Even playing on STEAM client didn't help (I use Stand-alone)

Someone told me this, but I must admit, I play games -- don't know much about computers...

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Rakie1337 wrote:
I am now chain crashing/locking up within a minute or two. Can't even run POE, not even memeing it's literally unplayable.

I gave it like an hour, i'll see if maybe later it decides to work for me

if you are running the stand-alone client, then try to edit the short-cut and put it into "combability mode - windows7/8" and see if that help.
If not, then also try starting it as "an administrator".

So uh.. how does a lamen do something like this? hah.
Last edited by Rakie1337 on May 17, 2022, 11:13:09 AM
"
Rakie1337 wrote:

Well on my desktop I have a shortcut to PoE.
I "right click" on it, select "properties" and the select the "tab" "combability".
In that tab you select "combability" and select Windows 8 or Windows 7.

I don't know if that will help you but some said that it did for them.....
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Rakie1337 wrote:

Well on my desktop I have a shortcut to PoE.
I "right click" on it, select "properties" and the select the "tab" "combability".
In that tab you select "combability" and select Windows 8 or Windows 7.

I don't know if that will help you but some said that it did for them.....

Thank you much! Unfortunately none of it seemed to help i'm afraid :(

I straight up cannot play the game..
crap. :(
Was told to stress test my PC -- perhaps POE is the only thing I run that's intensive enough to stress my PC out to fail.
"
RyanHx wrote:
I don't want to speak too soon, but after downgrading my GPU driver to version 511.79, I haven't crashed at all...

I used DDU to downgrade, full guide here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Edit: multiple hours of play, still no crash. Definitely the most recent driver was causing the issue for me.

That's so many miles outside of my capability with computers it's just depressing.
Thanks for posting this. While I was using a much older driver version (490 something, I think), this sounds similar to an issue I had... computer spontaneously powered off and restarted while playing PoE last night (after several hours) and then again today (after only a few minutes). Never had an issue with this before, inlcuding during hundreds of hours of Archnemesis or the first few days of Sentinel.

Will try the driver and process you have suggested. Please continue to post updates!
Day 3 -- Still cannot play, Hardlock every 2-3 minutes.

literally cannot play for even 1/4 of a map. 3rd league in a row. Couldn't play ALL of 3.16 once bug was first introduced -- was still in 3.17 and LUCKILY some rando patch fixed it....

now it's back. cannot play at ALL anymore without crashing and hardlocking/resetting my PC.
happened to me, turns out my drivers got corrupted(not sure if its poe fault). I used DDU to remove all the drivers and then installed new ones fresh. Hope it works for you. Also it might be sound drivers, disabling your sound device might also wowrk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info