Rare and Magic Monster Balance

Okay, we shipped them a little overtuned. We have just deployed a hotfix that reduces rare monster life and damage and slightly reduces that of magics.

I'll explain how this occurred.

Transitioning from the old monster mod system to Archnemesis was meant to make rare and magic monster fights more challenging. And it certainly did. We tested it extensively, and were happy with the level of difficulty when we released it. In general, we feel that in Path of Exile it's better to introduce things slightly too challenging than slightly too easy, and so we awaited player feedback and death data to see if it was actually too hard for the average player.

Well, 12 hours of feedback and data is enough to know that we need to take the edge off the difficulty. Rare and magic monsters are still going to be hard, just not as difficult as they were today. We will follow up with more tweaks (including to more specific mods) in the coming days once we get time to process specific feedback and test them more fully.

I'm going to get some sleep now. Have a great time in Sentinel!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Nice

Edit: Fortifying Cry - You get fortify when you warcry. You loose fortify when you use a skill that doesn't have the "melee" tag. :)
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
Last edited by Dremichius on May 14, 2022, 6:23:04 AM
yeah sure lmao
>release non-playtested content
>ppl buy support packs
>ppl see that content is not-playtested
>poopstorm on reddit
>OH WELL WE TESTED IT EXTENSIVELY AND WE WERE HAPPY IDK Y U COMPLAIN PROBABLY U JUST BAD AT THE GAME UHUM

(certainly not 3xg releasing a new infinite mob spawn exploit that grants xp and drops items (see mirror image mod)) (and most fun stuff they will ban any of the guys who abuse it tomorrow)
Last edited by гуар on May 14, 2022, 6:30:32 AM
hehe =)
"
гуар wrote:
yeah sure lmao
>release non-playtested content
>ppl buy support packs
>ppl see that content is not-playtested
>poopstorm on reddit
>OH WELL WE TESTED IT EXTENSIVELY AND WE WERE HAPPY IDK Y U COMPLAIN PROBABLY U JUST BAD AT THE GAME UHUM

(certainly not 3xg releasing a new infinite mob spawn exploit that grants xp and drops items)

exactly what i felt lmao
THANK YOU <3
lmao u guys work fast
Thank you! :-)

Edit after one hour: It's still cancer.
And as we all know, cancer is not fun :-/
Last edited by Sargoth_CZ on May 14, 2022, 7:43:49 AM
Change it back, bunch of scardy cats.
I wish GGG would admit they get a kick out of killing players. They design mobs to kill, not challenge.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info