[3.17] Nefarious' Storm Burst Inquisitor | 20mil DPS | Delve Depth 900 | League Start Friendly

"
Milkshakez wrote:
Hey, OP! Thanks for this build. I'm planning on trying it.

Any chance you can make some leveling trees and maybe add some notes on gems/links while leveling?

Hey there! Unfortunately I don't have the time to make detailed leveling trees and additional notes on leveling in the PoB. But your notes seem pretty good! (you should edit them into a spoiler instead though!) I posted advice on leveling earlier in this thread, but here's some more advice on gem links:

1. While leveling, focus on gems that benefit from Storm Burst's base physical damage, such as Physical to Lightning, Added Fire Damage, Herald of Ash, and Hatred. Other gems that add flat damage (like added lightning damage) are not very effective with Storm Burst. They do work well with Brands and Orb of Storms though.

2. It doesn't matter what Arcane Surge is linked to, as long as it consistently triggers.

3. Don't use anything Crit related until you have your third ascendancy. Once you do, swap fully to crit.

4. I don't like curses while leveling through the acts. Poacher's Mark is my preference.

5. Lightning Golem is probably better until you have 70%+ estimated physical reduction.

6. I didn't use Determination until maps. Instead I used a damage aura (see 1.)

7. Culling Strike is pretty useless in the acts. Go for raw damage instead.
Last edited by NefariousDestiny on May 9, 2022, 11:10:19 PM
Thanks. Updated with hatred, since I missed that.

Does Poacher's Mark help this build other than the frenzy charges? Doesn't the "Cursed enemies have -20% to Physical Damage Reduction" get ignored because mitigation is calculated after conversion, and we have 0 physical damage?

Feels like Conductivity or Elemental Weakness would be better (if we go Herald of Ash and Hatred).
"
Milkshakez wrote:
Thanks. Updated with hatred, since I missed that.

Does Poacher's Mark help this build other than the frenzy charges? Doesn't the "Cursed enemies have -20% to Physical Damage Reduction" get ignored because mitigation is calculated after conversion, and we have 0 physical damage?

Feels like Conductivity or Elemental Weakness would be better (if we go Herald of Ash and Hatred).

You're right, atleast until you reach your 4th Ascendancy when hexes become useless.

From a pure damage perspective, Elemental Weakness is the superior leveling skill until you can do Uber Lab. However, since we ignore enemy elemental resistances after our 4th ascendancy, you'll be swapping to poacher's mark for the Frenzy Charge generation and the Added Physical Damage. If you have another source of Frenzy Charges, I suggest using Assassin's Mark. It easily caps your crit rate, gives added Crit Multi, and grants power charges if you need them.
Hey !

Looking to league start with your build !

I'm wondering if you can describe the crafting process for some of the gear if you have the time for it !

Anyway, thanks !
"
Lalatina_Sama wrote:
Hey !

Looking to league start with your build !

I'm wondering if you can describe the crafting process for some of the gear if you have the time for it !

Anyway, thanks !

I did a lot of simulating on craftofexile, and encourage everyone to do so. One strength of this build is the wide variety of mods we benefit from, so buying good starting items from trade and editing them a bit works best. Here's a quick rundown.

Staff: Bought it fractured, removed a non-caster mod with "Cannot Roll Caster" + Annul, then benchcrafted the rest.

Boots: I bought a hunter base with Tailwind + another Hunter mod, used a dominance orb, then Awakened it onto Two-Toned Boots with the Elder duration mod. Both are Suffixes, so do "Suffixes cannot change" + Veiled Chaos. You can block the suffix if you want with "Can have up to 3 crafted mods" first.

Gloves: Greed essence until you have good prefixes. Craft "Prefixes cannot change" and use Veiled Chaos. If you have an open suffix and NO open prefixes, Harvest craft "Aug <Element/Chaos>" will always add a resistance.

Amulet: I search trade for any +2 amulet that fits Storm Burst. You can craft "Prefixes cannot change", Veiled Chaos, then Beastcraft Aspect of the Spider.

Belt: Bought it this way, slammed a Hunter exalted orb.

Rings: Bought them mostly that way. Crusader Exalt on one, Harvest "Synthesize an item" craft on the other.

Cluster Jewels: Alteration Orbs, then Augment Orbs, then Regal Orbs. Exalt Orb at the end if you're rich.
Would empower lvl4 make sense in the main gem links or are the others better?
"
Phiro wrote:
Would empower lvl4 make sense in the main gem links or are the others better?

I checked in PoB, and a lvl4 Empower is only a 13% damage boost. All our other gems give between 20% and 40% more damage. Even if we could drop "Increased Critical Strikes", "Awakened Added Fire Damage" gives a larger damage increase.
Really enjoying the progress - got lucky with an early Tabula drop.

Last season I played HoA using Storm Burst as my trigger skill for that. Started thinking about how would the skill scale as the primary DPS, and after a bit of tinkering found you'd already done it.

"
NoxiousFumes wrote:
Really enjoying the progress - got lucky with an early Tabula drop.

Last season I played HoA using Storm Burst as my trigger skill for that. Started thinking about how would the skill scale as the primary DPS, and after a bit of tinkering found you'd already done it.

I'm also having a great time! Something I realized while gearing up this league is that life leech is super important! Just "0.2% lightning damage leeched as life" goes a long way. I used EoW implicits on gloves to get mine, but it can also roll on your Glorious Vanity jewel.

Cheers!
What do you think about using recombinators to craft the boots ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info