[3.17] Anbokr's Inquisitor Crackling Lancer | 10mil+ DPS | Explosions | Immortal

Looks pretty good!
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Feb 23, 2022, 8:25:29 PM

Pretty happy with the build especially when I got the forbidden flesh jewels. Can delete and tank content easily
I like your build concept, was playing an Arakaali Guardian (super tanky) but got bored of the minion playstyle. Farmed up a bunch and decided I wanted to try a selfcast Inquisitor that wasn't a glass cannon.

I respecced easily into this build and had plenty of currency to dump. Tried Crackling Lance with the 36% angle helm and even with inpulsa, the clear just felt... clunky. It's a shame cause Crackling Lance looks so cool, but is mechanically inefficient. It honestly felt like the weaker cousin of Divine Ire, with less area coverage (since it doesn't zap everything in a 360 degrees around you) and harder scaling (no phys tag to abuse conversions). However, zapping down bosses with a lasercannon is extremely visually appealing. In terms of clearspeed, even with Inpulsa and glove prolif, I felt I was leaving too many stragglers behind with the Crack Lance.

Regardless, I just swapped out Lance for Spark and it feels really awesome!

Good regen, good tankiness, amazing clear. Picked up some medium clusters for proj speed, and I switched Inpulsa to a Skin of the Lords for +2 skills and a freebie keystone. Also gives an extra 10k armor and some ES. Very solid chestpiece on a budget.

Can probably slot in any lightning skill into this build and function with some minor adjustments. I'm also considering Ball Lightning, which may be stronger for bossing with slower projectiles.

I spent the last few days minmaxing this build and have invested a TON of currency into it, and I'm very pleased with the results. I initially went Low Life with Petrified Blood, but decided it's probably stronger without it, as the pathing takes too many skill points.

Here's my final buildout / PoB for those interested:
https://pastebin.com/8nahRzc7

Gear:

Note that some items like the chestpiece are very luxury and not cheap - I ran with a Skin of the Lords at first with an Empower gem, and it functioned just as well. I self-crafted my helm, but was using a Crown of the Inward Eye beforehand - they are cheap even with +3 spark, and it's a very competative helm. To generate Frenzy charges without an influenced chestpiece, I was just using Cold Snap in the trigger wand (instead of Sniper's Mark, and just selfcasting the mark on bosses). Cold Snap generates frenzy charges very reliably on trash.

Note that this is with extreme investment and I wanted to focus on Life Recovery / Life Regen for sustain, and also to maximize DPS by utilizing a full-uptime Righteous Fire. With RF on I have a net 1860 life per second and 650 energy shield per second, which is very respectable. I carry an Ignite-removing flask that procs on savage hit to remove RF for when I need extra regen. Turning off RF puts my regen to 2261 life/s and 1049 es/s.

Also, I'm currently at 86% all resistances, but you can get 90% this league if you get 2% max cold resistance on your glove implicit, and 3% max cold resistance on your chestpiece. (Downside is you can't use an influenced chestpiece). Very strong defensively if you go this route, but I decided I rather have guaranteed frenzy charges from my chestpiece, and 86% seems solid enough. If you want to tank up, just grab a decent rare chestpiece and roll implicits.

Overall I'm quite happy with this build's ability to just facetank content and clear very well. Bossing is definitely not the strongest on this build in terms of speed, but I've cleared all bosses (including the Maven invites) in the game without much problem. Easily facetank 2 shaper guardians on maps and drops most in around 10-15 seconds. Just don't expect Spark to delete bosses in 3 seconds, unless maybe they are in a tight room/right next to a wall. Bosses like Sirus were miserable as there's no walls to bounce off of, and he teleports around constantly, severely minimizing DPS uptime. I may test gem-swap to something like Ball Lightning on bosses to see if it's any faster.

My only CON at the moment is capping resistances were a struggle, and as such, I couldn't really fit much Chaos resist on my gear, so I'm currently at -17%. Oh well.

(Also, it seems Spark is somewhat buggy right now in that it often fails to fire any sparks if you are directly on top/next to a wall or rock, still consuming mana but not shooting out any sparks. Somewhat annoying but I believe this is not intentional, hopefully they will fix soon)

Hopefully this gives people some ideas.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Feb 24, 2022, 12:52:43 PM
"
KooperT wrote:
Tried Crackling Lance with the 36% angle helm and even with inpulsa, the clear just felt... clunky.

I didnt use the angle enchant helm. Instead I swap between Apex Mode and Nadir Mode for bossing and clearing. With Nadir Mode, clearing feels way better. Sometimes I just use Nadir Mode all the way due to me being lazy unless I'm against tougher bosses.
Copied basically what i could from this build with what was on the trade site and it does very little damage, shame as the skill is really fun
I wanted to play crackling lance in the end of the league, and i found this build, followed the guide and stacked the best armour i can find, i just get the feeling that this is not tanky enough to kill endgame bosses, it is fun nevertheless, but something is not right with it. Feels like you gotta kill things before they kill you
Hello, is author of this guide still active?

I've leveled this, currently 89, will level up to ~95 I guess.

I got somehow decent gear but struggling with surv now. I'd send you my PoB eventually if you would be able to give me few tips.
Last edited by triberpaddy on Jul 2, 2022, 3:59:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info