Unable to deserialize packet with pid 18516 - FIXED

Seems I am having this issue. Can you guys spell out the exact folders you added to Malwarebytes? Would like to try this. Never had a problem with the game until Mayhem event for some reason.
SAME ISSUE. HAPPENING JUST TODAY. PLZ HELP.
"
DanHnat3 wrote:
SAME ISSUE. HAPPENING JUST TODAY. PLZ HELP.

don't use Malwarebytes then....
"
TemjinGold wrote:
Seems I am having this issue. Can you guys spell out the exact folders you added to Malwarebytes? Would like to try this. Never had a problem with the game until Mayhem event for some reason.

For me they are:

C:\Users\MY_NAME\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile
C:\Users\MY_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile
Thanks. I ended up whitelisting the ip that kept showing up and that worked. Not sure if that is less secure than allowing these 2 folders.
I believe this is an issue caused by two things.

1 - the PoE servers aren't actually hosted by GGG, they are hosted by a generic hosting service - "Servers dot com"
2 - A website with the same IP address as the PoE server has been flagged as malicious, whether it's a false positive or not (could very well be that there's a malicious website hosted at that address)

The fact is that GGG can fix this issue by using a more reputable service to host their product.

Malwarebytes can also fix this issue by either double checking the site that flagged that IP address.

The people who are responsible for the issue in the end, is the third party hosting service, who needs to shut down the malicious site.

Whitelist as little as you need to to fix the issue, however please do not whitelist the IP address, just incase you stumble upon it while browsing, or another malicious site hosted by the same address.
Last edited by Sukhoi_01 on Nov 15, 2022, 2:46:54 AM
"

1 - the PoE servers aren't actually hosted by GGG, they are hosted by a generic hosting service - "Servers dot com"
2 - A website with the same IP address as the PoE server has been flagged as malicious, whether it's a false positive or not (could very well be that there's a malicious website hosted at that address)

The fact is that GGG can fix this issue by using a more reputable service to host their product.

Malwarebytes can also fix this issue by either double checking the site that flagged that IP address.

The people who are responsible for the issue in the end, is the third party hosting service, who needs to shut down the malicious site.

Whitelist as little as you need to to fix the issue, however please do not whitelist the IP address, just incase you stumble upon it while browsing, or another malicious site hosted by the same address.

It will just the IP address of a server in a data centre so it's probably fine to whitelist it.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"

It will just the IP address of a server in a data centre so it's probably fine to whitelist it.

I agree, as long as you don't happen to end up stumbling upon a malicious website hosted on that IP and expect your antivirus to do its job. Either way, the issue isn't going to be resolved in a timely manner by any party, so dealer's choice with what you whitelist.
Thanks for the warning. I'll switch to whitelisting the 2 folders mentioned. Hopefully that also fixes the issue.
I don't use Malwarebytes, and I don't get the same error but my game crashes upon entering a map... over and over again.
I've tried different servers but none seem to work. Any ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info