[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Awesome guide man absolutely smashing reds

Nice ;)
Hey Fezz,

So far the build is coming together quite nicely, I'm even taking some of the suggestions in the guide to improve damage output (re-allocating passive points) as even though I am smashing through red maps, I feel a little lackluster when it comes to bosses (exarch, eater etc) - if you have time, would you mind taking a look at my build and letting me know if there are any glaring mistakes?

I havent gotten or slotted in any viridian jewels/cluster jewels yet - so maybe that is the large gaping hole, but would love some insight if you have a moment to glance, whether for offensive or defensive improvements!
Ok, I changed out my build a fair amount since I last posted - holy moly do cluster jewels give a massive boost to your damage profile! - was hitting some attribute requirements on gear/gems, but that can be solved with tattoo's and/or picking up an attribute notable in the passive tree!

The only downside is I gave up a ton of HP for the damage increase - went from like 4.6K HP to around 3.9K HP!
Last edited by Pytorchy on Aug 27, 2023, 11:36:17 PM
"
Pytorchy wrote:
Ok, I changed out my build a fair amount since I last posted - holy moly do cluster jewels give a massive boost to your damage profile! - was hitting some attribute requirements on gear/gems, but that can be solved with tattoo's and/or picking up an attribute notable in the passive tree!

The only downside is I gave up a ton of HP for the damage increase - went from like 4.6K HP to around 3.9K HP!

- Cluster Jewels really are a big damage source, yes. For more life, keep pushing and buy better gear, for example a Body Armour with +# to Maximum Life or Viridan jewels with #% increased Maximum life. It will add up.

- As long as your Body Armour doesnt have a life modifer, you can also take the "15% increased Maximum Life" mastery to get a lot of life for one skill point.

- Get rid of Path of the Hunter and pick Consitution instead. It's a very good trade at your current state.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 28, 2023, 10:27:07 AM
Hey Fezz, is Corruption still the best annointment for amulets? Considering it only gives 20% increased effect of withered to the previous 35%.
"
Ic3b0und wrote:
Hey Fezz, is Corruption still the best annointment for amulets? Considering it only gives 20% increased effect of withered to the previous 35%.

On paper, Potency of Will (+10.8% DPS) is better than Corrutpion (+7.8% DPS), but it seems like - and here I'm referencing to people who have way more knowlegde than me - Corruption is still the biggest damage improvement per instance of Toxic Rain (considering that the enemy is standing in your pools for their whole duration). So I would say it's close and both are valid options.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 29, 2023, 4:07:43 PM
Thanks, i went with corruption.
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Ic3b0und wrote:

On paper, Potency of Will (+10.8% DPS) is better than Corrutpion (+7.8% DPS), but it seems like - and here I'm referencing to people who have way more knowlegde than me - Corruption is still the biggest damage improvement per instance of Toxic Rain (considering that the enemy is standing in your pools for their whole duration). So I would say it's close and both are valid options.

If Im lazy with using totems, would potency of will be a better option as it provides a buff to toxic rain straight up rather than the supporting dps
"
brbdinner wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Ic3b0und wrote:

If Im lazy with using totems, would potency of will be a better option as it provides a buff to toxic rain straight up rather than the supporting dps

You only use totems for bosses or harder mobs anyway which most likely stand in your Toxic Rain for its full duration making Corruption more valuable in my opinion.
Do you have any suggestions for tattoos? Saw someone posted earlier they used the +1 to lvl of all dex gems one but not sure how they managed to fit it in? are any of the small ones worth using also. thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info