[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Which is better to craft on the bow? Increased damage over time OR chaos damage over time multiplier? And why? I guess I don't get the mechanics enough to know.

DoT multiplier is better than DoT damage - in any case. For the endgame bow, you want both, whereby you want to get both DoT multiplier AND chaos DOT multiplier (the latter is crafted via the crafting bench).

For more information on the bow, check out the endgame items section.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Jun 12, 2023, 8:44:11 AM
Very new player, so forgive me. I've been following this build so far and once I made the transition to Toxic Rain as the primary skill I have one major confusion. I do not understand how I can operate with both Malevolence and Determination running at the same time. That allows me a few casts of Toxic Rain before I have to drink a flask. It just seems unmanageable, so I'm just running Determination for the defense aspect for now.

Both of my mana flasks have the 'effect is not removed when unreserved mana is filled', but I honestly do not understand how that impacts me. I know there is something I'm just not understanding on how this all fits together so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by PorkChopExpress_ on Jul 16, 2023, 12:09:22 PM
"
Very new player, so forgive me. I've been following this build so far and once I made the transition to Toxic Rain as the primary skill I have one major confusion. I do not understand how I can operate with both Malevolence and Determination running at the same time. That allows me a few casts of Toxic Rain before I have to drink a flask. It just seems unmanageable, so I'm just running Determination for the defense aspect for now.

Both of my mana flasks have the 'effect is not removed when unreserved mana is filled', but I honestly do not understand how that impacts me. I know there is something I'm just not understanding on how this all fits together so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello & welcome to PoE!

Normally, you shouldn't have mana problems. Having enough total mana to cast TR once or twice is usually enough. This is enabled by the Enduring Mana Flask and skill tree nodes which makes it so that (1) you continue to get mana even if you've already reached your full mana (the effect of normal Mana Flask would end it; the effect of an Enduring Mana Flask continues for the full duration of the flask) and (2) you get a lot of Mana Flask charges allowing you to use your Mana Flask frequently.

Here you can see an endgame (!) example which shows that you can pretty much spam your Mana Flask without hitting/killing any monsters at all (having a total amount of mana of 40).

By the way: You said: "That allows me a few casts of Toxic Rain before I have to drink a flask." Yes, exactly, you are supposed to use your mana flask very regularly By the way: In PoE, this applies to all flasks that are not life flask. You should consider them as an inherent part of your skill usage rather than something you use occasionally.

I hope this helps. If not, feel free to set your profile to public and I will take a look if I can see any flaws in your current build.

Cheers!

Last edited by fezz8386 on Jul 17, 2023, 11:34:43 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"

Thanks!

Hello & welcome to PoE!

Normally, you shouldn't have mana problems. Having enough total mana to cast TR once or twice is usually enough. This is enabled by the Enduring Mana Flask and skill tree nodes which makes it so that (1) you continue to get mana even if you've already reached your full mana (the effect of normal Mana Flask would end it; the effect of an Enduring Mana Flask continues for the full duration of the flask) and (2) you get a lot of Mana Flask charges allowing you to use your Mana Flask frequently.

Here you can see an endgame (!) example which shows that you can pretty much spam your Mana Flask without hitting/killing any monsters at all (having a total amount of mana of 40).

By the way: You said: "That allows me a few casts of Toxic Rain before I have to drink a flask." Yes, exactly, you are supposed to use your mana flask very regularly By the way: In PoE, this applies to all flasks that are not life flask. You should consider them as an inherent part of your skill usage rather than something you use occasionally.

I hope this helps. If not, feel free to set your profile to public and I will take a look if I can see any flaws in your current build.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback! I think I understand what you mean. Consider myself thirsty and drink often. HA!
Hello ,
I trying to craft my big culster jewel , and i didnt understood the "guide" ..

when u said " Use ‚Chaos‘, ‚Attack‘ and ‚Speed‘ related Harvest Crafts until you hit a good one "

i am a total new player.. and i tought at last in the crafting u will explain alot cuz its realy hard to udnerstand how to do it xD so here my question..

i have to use 1 of the 3 ? Like chaos \ attack \ speed ? in order to get the 3 mods u said i need to get ?

Cuz "chaos and speed " Cost yellow color and its realy expensive comper to use the "chaos" that use purple color .. ??

This question is the same for all herverast crafting in side ur guide ..

i know there is video's u linked at "basics " will watch them today \ tomorrow when got more time , but just want to be sure.. if i can use just 1 of this 3 options.. cuz i try to use chaos and than attack and its just rework all mods xD so maybe i did somthing worng and can put all 3 toghter ?

Thanks u !
"
Scorpionnnnn wrote:
Hello ,
I trying to craft my big culster jewel , and i didnt understood the "guide" ..

when u said " Use ‚Chaos‘, ‚Attack‘ and ‚Speed‘ related Harvest Crafts until you hit a good one "

i am a total new player.. and i tought at last in the crafting u will explain alot cuz its realy hard to udnerstand how to do it xD so here my question..

i have to use 1 of the 3 ? Like chaos \ attack \ speed ? in order to get the 3 mods u said i need to get ?

Cuz "chaos and speed " Cost yellow color and its realy expensive comper to use the "chaos" that use purple color .. ??

This question is the same for all herverast crafting in side ur guide ..

i know there is video's u linked at "basics " will watch them today \ tomorrow when got more time , but just want to be sure.. if i can use just 1 of this 3 options.. cuz i try to use chaos and than attack and its just rework all mods xD so maybe i did somthing worng and can put all 3 toghter ?

Thanks u !

Each of the 3 named Harvest crafts (Chaos, Attack and Speed) has A (HIGHER) CHANCE to give you the mods you need each time you use it. That being said, all mods will be re-rolled when using a craft, so it's still heavyily rng-based (like most things in PoE). There is no way to craft Cluster Jewels deterministically.

I hope this helps.

"
Each of the 3 named Harvest crafts (Chaos, Attack and Speed) has A (HIGHER) CHANCE to give you the mods you need each time you use it. That being said, all mods will be re-rolled when using a craft, so it's still heavyily rng-based (like most things in PoE). There is no way to craft Cluster Jewels deterministically.

I hope this helps.

Oh .. now i got it :P Thanks u so much man !!
Hey fezz, thank you for all the work you've done. I am a beginner and having a lot of funning getting into PoE with your help!

Is there a description of the meaning of the colors you are using in your loot filter? For example why you chose to put the green boarder on some items, why there's two different reds for drops, why some items do have a blue background and so on. I love that it's hiding a lot of stuff for me already but I am still overwhelmed very often if I should pick something up or not.

For now I try to pick up the yellow items to get the orbs to change my flask and all the 'bright' red ones. For everything else I am just making uneducated guesses and it doesn't feel very good tbh.

Thank you! :)
"
Ragemoody wrote:
Hey fezz, thank you for all the work you've done. I am a beginner and having a lot of funning getting into PoE with your help!

Is there a description of the meaning of the colors you are using in your loot filter? For example why you chose to put the green boarder on some items, why there's two different reds for drops, why some items do have a blue background and so on. I love that it's hiding a lot of stuff for me already but I am still overwhelmed very often if I should pick something up or not.

For now I try to pick up the yellow items to get the orbs to change my flask and all the 'bright' red ones. For everything else I am just making uneducated guesses and it doesn't feel very good tbh.

Thank you! :)

Hey, great to hear that you are having fun! ;)

In terms of the loot filter: In general, the loot filter is made so that you always want to pick up the items you see on the ground. That being said, the progress players make or the rng players have can be very different. Therefore, not all items you pick up will be 100% beneficial for your character (but that's just how ARPGs are).

BUT ...

- the loot filter makes sure you don't miss out on important items by marking them as red - you should definetely pick them up since these items are either important for crafting or currency items. Side note: You should also pickup quest items (green) and unqiues (brown).

- the loot filter highlights items that are beneficial for selling (like amulets and rings which don't take a lot of inventory space) as blue.

- the loot filter becomes more and more strict the further you progress

That being said, you will - despite having a loot filter - pick up a lot of "trash" during your first playthrough. But that's just normal. Once you are getting used to the game and its items, you will be able to gather enough experience to decrease the amount of items picked up.

TL;DR: Pick up everything you see, especially red, blue, green and brown marked items. The further you progress the less (useless) items you will see. The more knowledge you have (in future playthroughs), the less (useless) items you will pick up.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Jul 31, 2023, 9:49:43 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Ragemoody wrote:
Hey fezz, thank you for all the work you've done.

Hey, great to hear that you are having fun! ;)

Awesome, this was exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea the filter highlights items that are beneficial for selling as blue! Thank you!! :)

Is there any difference between the different colored red drops here?

Or between the blue one and the one with the blue border?

Or should I handle everything that's colored red and blue the same, no matter what?
Last edited by Ragemoody9 on Jul 31, 2023, 2:12:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info